Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Post-snap Thanos vs Iron Man

Instead of the Avengers attacking Thanos in his garden in Endgame, it's Iron Man. Who wins?

Considering Thanos at his garden in Endgame was a limping, half-dead and half-burned shell of his former self, then Iron Man takes this easily.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

He also no longer had the stones, and didn't have the crazy helicopter sword. He's kinda screwed against Tony, with no way to deal with Tony's mobility.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Extraordinary Member

Yeah so, this Thanos doesn't have any of his cool weapons or infinity stones and he's basically crippled on one side of his body.

Unless this is Tony in the same condition as when Captain Marvel brought him back to earth I don't think it's a very fair fight.

And if it is Tony in that condition then they'll just be arguing about Thanos' actions.

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

I mean this is still a Tony who could barely break Thanos' skin, right? I guess a ten count might be possible, but I don't see any evidence Tony can do him significant physical harm otherwise.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

On the other hand Thanos can't catch Tony. He probably can't even throw properly with his messed up motor control. So this becomes a waiting game. Either one of the combatants will talk asleep or Tony will run out of power. I don't think the latter is likely as unlimited energy was a bit of a plot point wasn't it? And there's nothing indicating Thanos doesn't need to sleep. In fact, the sunset/sunrise references he makes does allude to a conventional sleep cycle. I would need to rewatch to see if his little cottage had a bed.

Meanwhile, I think Tony probably has feats for pulling an all nighter working between his many movies. His suit can probably serve as an alarm clock to keep him awake, too, or even keep fighting on auto pilot with him asleep in it. So I think he's likely to outlast in this extremely boring fight.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    I mean this is still a Tony who could barely break Thanos' skin, right? I guess a ten count might be possible, but I don't see any evidence Tony can do him significant physical harm otherwise.
    That was a healthy, resisting Thanos with 4 stones. This is an unarmed Thanos, partially crippled. Tony has his cool-ass tech, and the ability to make swords and stuff with it - I'd bet on him being able to win this. Thanos cannot catch Tony at all.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan