Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

This is what happens when you just leave a dozen+ plotthreads hanging and keep moving on to different things. You get cancelled and have to pick a couple to actually finish. So that's the real reason why Shatterstar of all people was the solution to this problem. They had to tie up that dangling thread to explain why he's even around Krakoa later. Instead of handling that plot when it actually happened. What a mess. Sad to see the only really gay thing at the X office end, but this was handled so badly in the first few issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Did anyone else find it impressive that this issue was able to tie into a bunch of other titles very seamlessly? Sad to see it go, but it is what it is.
    This issue definitely made the different books of Krakoa feel intertwined and I loved that.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

I just read this yesterday evening and I enjoyed it for the most part. I really don't know what to think of the villain... This was just silly fun. I like the way the artist draws Rachel. I did like them seeing all the different people on Krakoa though and the scars that Ray was able to project on everyone else was pretty cool. Don't remember what they are called, though - eek.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    This is what happens when you just leave a dozen+ plotthreads hanging and keep moving on to different things. You get cancelled and have to pick a couple to actually finish. So that's the real reason why Shatterstar of all people was the solution to this problem. They had to tie up that dangling thread to explain why he's even around Krakoa later. Instead of handling that plot when it actually happened. What a mess.
    Yeah. The issue was semi-coherent in its own right if you don't fuss too much over WTF Shatterstar of all characters was The Answer (in-universe, that is), but over half of it had minimal or no involvement from the main cast. That's a huge red flag all by itself that the book was cancelled, not just "ending".

Quote Originally Posted by SanityOrMadness View Post
    Yeah. The issue was semi-coherent in its own right if you don't fuss too much over WTF Shatterstar of all characters was The Answer (in-universe, that is), but over half of it had minimal or no involvement from the main cast. That's a huge red flag all by itself that the book was cancelled, not just "ending".
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Don’t know where else to put this, but it does sound like X-Factor was cancelled and Leah only just became as she was finishing the script for issue 9: https://twitter.com/mymonsterischic/...879090693?s=21
    Yup, Leah states on Twitter that she found out the book was ending as she was writing the script for this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Yup, Leah states on Twitter that she found out the book was ending as she was writing the script for this issue.
    That sucks. I hope the threads get picked up. This was one of the best books to me. I just know leah would kill it merging this with excalibur.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

This was my favorite X-Book. So sad it's been cancelled! But not terribly surprised. It took soooo long to resolve plot lines.

While I was reading the issue I was wondering why Krakoa took so long to get around to kicking Mojo's ass and rescuing Shatterstar and the other mutants. If the book hadn't been cancelled we'd probably still be waiting.

Sad to this this canceled. It never got to live up to what it was supposed to be... Sad that we still don’t have Longshot. Hopefully he’s welcome on Krakoa even if he’s not a mutant, though I’d prefer he just be a regular hero in New York or wherever.

Wait.... they forgot about Spiral. Weren’t they supposed to rescue her, too?

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

This was great, a very satisfying end to two ongoing stories while also hinting at another potential story. Tons of great cameos and character moments. That double page spread of the concert/ revolution was amazing. Very pleased that Shatterstar was rescued. Bummed that this series might be ending.

Lot of people asking why Shattertar, and it's not that deep y'all. Morrigan set the conditions for breaking the geas thinking they were impossible to be met, not knowing that there was someone who fulfilled the requirements. The battle scene also made homage to the myth of Cu Cuchulainn, with Star acting as a sort of avatar for the legendary hero. There may be more parallels between the two, I'm not overly familiar with the myths.

Whatever is going on between Star and Rictor as a result of his fight with the Morrigan will probably be picked up by Howard, which to me is unfortunate, because I have no faith that she will deliver a satisfying story out of it.

Decent issue. It did feel a bit rushed and Shatterstar did seem to come outta nowhere, but I was happy the connections between him, Dazzler and Rictor referenced.

Also sad this is ending, X-Factor was one of the better books of this era IMO.

As much as I appreciate Leah using some underused characters, if her cast had more B or A listers on this team I could have seen it lasting longer. looks at excalibur barely using romy staying afloat for 20 issues >_>

I was so hyped in the beginning because I love Northstar. I wish he could have been at the center a bit more. But overall I really enjoyed X-Factor and it is so damn sad that the book with proper LGBTQ representation is cancelled. (Makes me feel just as sad as when Netflix cancelled Sense8.)
    I feel like the characters and where they were going deserved at least 12 more issues. There were so many interesting things going on with all the characters and now I worry they will be forgotten.
    (And I loved their headquarters!)

What a garbage issue. Sheesh. Glad it’s ending. Eye Boy deserves better than Leah.

I'm glad it did the whole "two birds with one stone" thing in resolving the Mojoworld and Morrigan stories... but what a wasted opportunity of a series. A great cast, great concept, terrible terrible choices in stories, priorities, pacing, tone and everything else.

But I will say the issue was a series best for Baldeon. The backgrounds and world he depicted were beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysv75 View Post
    I was so hyped in the beginning because I love Northstar. I wish he could have been at the center a bit more. But overall I really enjoyed X-Factor and it is so damn sad that the book with proper LGBTQ representation is cancelled. (Makes me feel just as sad as when Netflix cancelled Sense8.)
    I feel like the characters and where they were going deserved at least 12 more issues. There were so many interesting things going on with all the characters and now I worry they will be forgotten.
    (And I loved their headquarters!)
    I loved their headquarters too and how we got to see it come into form. Hopefully the last issue is a great sendoff.

This line from Northstar about Shatterstar definitely felt indicative of Leah getting the news while writing this issue:
    "*sigh* I suppose we were already planning to rescue him anyway..."

X-factor is my favorite X-series. With a different cast that didn't have any of the A+ and Bs stars, it was that enjoyable without them. My only gripe with X-factor was the obvious Sword event messing its tune and the art bringing it down. With X-factor being a mystery book, it should have a different artist. Like: Jerome Opena, Ario Anindito, Mike del Mundo, hell, Guillem March would have been the perfect artists for this X-factor. This is a comic that made me actually like Eye-Boy, eye freaking boy, I hope they revamp this series with a slightly different cast and a different artist.
    Last edited by MakubeX; 05-12-2021 at 02:36 PM.