Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by SanityOrMadness View Post
    That's come up before, and I'm pretty sure the conclusion was that every page load counted as one view, so it's divided by (8×22)...
    They can yell that all they like but the other side of reality that they LOVE to not talk about is-how many ways to get these books at LOWER prices and not even at a comic book store.

Is that no different than me waiting till Half Price books gets a copy for $2?

Midtown Comics doing a 50-70% off one day sale?

Or wait till COmixology has the run on unlimited reading.

There are some things that can not be controlled.

Also just because 50K read the book from a pirated website-there is no PROOF that any of those would have bought the book.

Nor is the PROOF that someone who did that actually did buy the book but went there to read ahead of time until they could get their copy.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    Decent issue. It did feel a bit rushed and Shatterstar did seem to come outta nowhere, but I was happy the connections between him, Dazzler and Rictor referenced.

Also sad this is ending, X-Factor was one of the better books of this era IMO.

As much as I appreciate Leah using some underused characters, if her cast had more B or A listers on this team I could have seen it lasting longer. looks at excalibur barely using romy staying afloat for 20 issues >_>
    Excalibur could have given up Jubilee or Marauders could have given up Bobby cause neither of them are doing anything in their books and Leah did a decent job with both of them in her Age of X-Man series.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    Love when people drop in to the discussion thread for a new issue to announce they’re not reading the issue.
    Right!!!!!

It sucks this is ending during Pride month.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy! View Post
    It sucks this is ending during Pride month.
    It's a hate crime. Because I hate it.

Ultimate Member

Guess the main good thing is that the whole Morrigan mess is over and done with, not sure what is next for Terry but hope that it's something good...

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    They can yell that all they like but the other side of reality that they LOVE to not talk about is-how many ways to get these books at LOWER prices and not even at a comic book store.

Is that no different than me waiting till Half Price books gets a copy for $2?

Midtown Comics doing a 50-70% off one day sale?

Or wait till COmixology has the run on unlimited reading.

There are some things that can not be controlled.

Also just because 50K read the book from a pirated website-there is no PROOF that any of those would have bought the book.

Nor is the PROOF that someone who did that actually did buy the book but went there to read ahead of time until they could get their copy.
    Reality always shows the truth.
    If people are reading free and not buying, they can't be surprised if the book is canceled.

The book didn't convert the 50k readers per issue to buy it, this is a good conclusion on it.

Some people openly recomend the pirate site to people read comics on twitter. This is so sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Reality always shows the truth.
    If people are reading free and not buying, they can't be surprised if the book is canceled.

The book didn't convert the 50k readers per issue to buy it, this is a good conclusion on it.

Some people openly recomend the pirate site to people read comics on twitter. This is so sad.
    Yeah it's really a shame. I saw someone on Twitter say that "SJWs pirate comics anyways," and obviously that person was being gross but maybe younger/ newer readers are more likely to pirate?

I used to be more of manga guy over American comics and people would pirate/ read for free all the time without any tangible consequences so maybe people aren't as aware of the impact this has on American comics.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I do really appreciate Leah for utilizing continuity, and touching on things no one bothers to. The Morrigan, Northstar/Dani/Karma's friendship, Age of X-Man. She tries harder than most to make some deep cuts that most writers wouldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Yeah it's really a shame. I saw someone on Twitter say that "SJWs pirate comics anyways," and obviously that person was being gross but maybe younger/ newer readers are more likely to pirate?

I used to be more of manga guy over American comics and people would pirate/ read for free all the time without any tangible consequences so maybe people aren't as aware of the impact this has on American comics.
    Talking about manga can be very complex. I saw a lot of talk on it about it on Perch, at least seems like enough people buy so it turns a profit. People also talked that some pirated mangas are english amateur translation of japanese mangas. manga also is cheaper to produce and buy.

I think that some people aren't aware how comics work on USA, the public is smaller. These are really the newest crop of fans that came with Krakoa status in 2019, people from earlier 2010s through 2018 are aware that they need to buy to support them being made.
    Sometimes public isn't enough to support too, other comics that were canceled have even more clicks.

Fantastic Member Captain Buttocks's Avatar

Disappointed this book is going, but not surprised.

I think this book wanted to be both a spiritual successor to X-Factor volume 3 AND a successor to Academy X. It ended up being neither fish nor fowl, and while I take my hat off to Leah for planning out a long-term story with plenty of beats and twists and turns, she should probably have realised that most books dont last that long these days.

It was a good concept, so I'm sad to see it go.

As to the discussion about pirating - it's unfortunate, and I dont do it myself, but comics do have problems just now in terms of value for money. Adverts (and the placing of them) are my personal bugbear, but prices have risen as page counts have decreased. It's about fleecing the current audience rather than growing the audience.

Edit - and whilst I didn't want this book cancelled, I have to concede there are FAR too many X-books. Have been ever since Bill Jemas and his owning of the solitary clue that was ever in Marvel's offices got booted out the door.

Marvel/DC really need to get hip with the times. No one is physically going to brick and mortar store to pick up a $4+ pamphlet. They've yet to incentivize their markets in the 21st century.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    I do really appreciate Leah for utilizing continuity, and touching on things no one bothers to. The Morrigan, Northstar/Dani/Karma's friendship, Age of X-Man. She tries harder than most to make some deep cuts that most writers wouldn't.
    Agreed. It had a fresh feel while also touching on a lot of continuity.
    I'm sad we won't read Prodigy's re-powering mystery story. But thank you Leah for bringing Wind Dancer home.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    This is what happens when you just leave a dozen+ plotthreads hanging and keep moving on to different things. You get cancelled and have to pick a couple to actually finish. So that's the real reason why Shatterstar of all people was the solution to this problem. They had to tie up that dangling thread to explain why he's even around Krakoa later. Instead of handling that plot when it actually happened. What a mess. Sad to see the only really gay thing at the X office end, but this was handled so badly in the first few issues.
    Leah really planned to 30 issues of stories and it was a huge mistake. She probably bought into the hype of sales beng the best ever and tht she could surf on it.
    Mojoverse hsould had finished before a new arc started

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I'm sad we won't read Prodigy's re-powering mystery story.
    They have to conclude that story somewhere! A Prodigy & Speed oneshot? Maybe next year’s Pride month?