Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

The issue is that Mojo is basically a god in his home universe. The rules there are weird, but basically because of his TV empire he's literally empowered with, well, power. Its why nobody has ever really put an end to him; on his own turf he's unbeatable. Its why they usually negotiate with him. At least, in theory its supposed to be that way. So its really weird that they were able to beat him with just a handful of people.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    The issue is that Mojo is basically a god in his home universe. The rules there are weird, but basically because of his TV empire he's literally empowered with, well, power. Its why nobody has ever really put an end to him; on his own turf he's unbeatable. Its why they usually negotiate with him. At least, in theory its supposed to be that way. So its really weird that they were able to beat him with just a handful of people.

Man, too bad they already rezzed someone who died on Mojoworld. It would be cool if there was a different oddity that happens to them like in Otherworld.

Writer didn't do researched and the editors simply doesn't care. majo have been going for years because it isn't so simple defeat him

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Writer didn't do researched and the editors simply doesn't care. majo have been going for years because it isn't so simple defeat him
    What you guys seem to be missing here is that Illyana didn't have to physically beat Mojo. He was scared shitless of her rep. (Word's gotten around about what she does to those who cross her)

Sometimes your most powerful weapon is not what you actually do,but what others think you may do.
    Last edited by rcaguy; 05-13-2021 at 10:15 PM.

Mojo isn't unbeatable. He's strong yes, but they've kicked his ass before.

Heck just Rogue, Gambit and Spiral beat him not too long ago in Mr and Mrs X.

And the last psychic attack he repelled was a 16 year old Jean Grey. Granted time-displaced Jean was still strong but I'm not sure as strong as a dual attack of a strong illusionist and mind-controler as Karma and Moonstar.
    Last edited by ChronoRogue; 05-13-2021 at 10:30 PM.

Extraordinary Member

The entire purpose of Magik's scene was to follow-up on the X of Swords data-page joke where Mojo says he's going to rewrite history for his show to depict her as Pogg-ur-Pogg's lover.

Ultimate Member

I'm definitely going to miss this book.

I even enjoyed Eye Boy's 'I'm all eyes!' comment, and Daken's groan in response. (And Prodigy knowing what Eye Boy was going to say before he did, thanks to his powers.)

And it was fun seeing Warpath and Anole as bouncers/roadies for Dazzler & Lila's concert. (Although I remember Shark Girl being their drummer in the tiki bar on Krakoa, and would have preferred her to D.J.)

I especially loved *not* seeing Amazing Baby.

About the only thing I didn't love was Shatterstar's outfit. Good grief, man.

Yes but that is the brilliance of Shatterstar's absurd outfit, isn't it? The theatricality of it. The spectacle. The over-the-top Gladiator-Pro-Wrestler beefcake aesthetic. Its hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yes but that is the brilliance of Shatterstar's absurd outfit, isn't it? The theatricality of it. The spectacle. The over-the-top Gladiator-Pro-Wrestler beefcake aesthetic. Its hilarious.
    It had somehow never crossed my mind to view his outfit with that aesthetic in mind, and now it has completely clicked into place for me.

I hope Spiral can go back to being a fierce solo villain and never have to see Mojo again.

"Comics journalism"? Filthy Mutie's Avatar

This issue was good.

This series definitely had its ups and downs, but I think the thing that hurt it most was the art. The second arc going immediately into Mojoworld was also off-putting, but it's hard to say how that affected the new series momentum.

If this book is indeed ending for the long-term, I can't imagine Excalibur is far behind.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    And the last psychic attack he repelled was a 16 year old Jean Grey. Granted time-displaced Jean was still strong but I'm not sure as strong as a dual attack of a strong illusionist and mind-controler as Karma and Moonstar.
    Exactly. It was a multipronged attack while Dazzler was putting on an amazingly distracting show. Mojo didn't stand a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Paragon View Post
    It had somehow never crossed my mind to view his outfit with that aesthetic in mind, and now it has completely clicked into place for me.
    Same.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Spectacular Member Solitaryhawk's Avatar

Exactly. Hell, the collective X-Men were, what? 10-0 against the guy all through the 90s? Even Spiral gave them a run for their money until she jumped ship. It wasn't until recently that he became a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Another poster pointed out that it’s near impossible to do 50+ years of research, but Mojo’s appearances are fairly easy to pin down. I agree that there was no excuse to portraying him as some laughable cosplay despot.

Quote Originally Posted by rcaguy View Post
    What you guys seem to be missing here is that Illyana didn't have to physically beat Mojo. He was scared shitless of her rep. (Word's gotten around about what she does to those who cross her)
    Sometimes your most powerful weapon is not what you actually do, but what others think you may do.
    “Scared of her rep.” LMFAO! What part of Mojo from the MojoVERSE you do not comprehend? The guy rules his own universe! He didn’t get that kind of power sitting on his fat ass eating Ben & Jerry’s all day. His power is leeched off of the viewers comprising his network and Shatterstar alone had trillions of followers. He would have been at the height of his power from all that intake. And we’re not even including his personal forces, the Imperial Protectorate, which slaughtered over 15 million of Longshot’s rebels “back in the day”. The guy was well-nigh impossible to get to and the few panels devoted to his submission were completely unbelievable.

But yeah, the mutant woman with the sword managed to do to Mojo what 20 years of X-Men couldn’t. Riiiight.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaryhawk View Post
    “Scared of her rep.” LMFAO! What part of Mojo from the MojoVERSE you do not comprehend? The guy rules his own universe! He didn’t get that kind of power sitting on his fat ass eating Ben & Jerry’s all day. His power is leeched off of the viewers comprising his network and Shatterstar alone had trillions of followers. He would have been at the height of his power from all that intake. And we’re not even including his personal forces, the Imperial Protectorate, which slaughtered over 15 million of Longshot’s rebels “back in the day”. The guy was well-nigh impossible to get to and the few panels devoted to his submission were completely unbelievable.

But yeah, the mutant woman with the sword managed to do to Mojo what 20 years of X-Men couldn’t. Riiiight.
    Except it wasn't just Illyana. It's on the page that Dani and Xi'an made him think his entire world was offline and obviously enhanced his fear further when Magik was in his face. We can go down memory lane and discuss how powerful these two ladies are individually and when they work together but surely there's no need.

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Spectacular Member Solitaryhawk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Except it wasn't just Illyana. It's on the page that Dani and Xi'an made him think his entire world was offline and obviously enhanced his fear further when Magik was in his face. We can go down memory lane and discuss how powerful these two ladies are individually and when they work together but surely there's no need.
    No need. I think we can all agree that, due to the impending cancellation of the title, the rescue was rushed and just leave it at that.