Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
I understand that that's been a thing with Warren, but it still felt weird in a funny way that both of the people in charge of their high-stress financial stuff are in danger of, well, Hulking out if they get too stressed. I'm still not sure what exactly the point of X-Corp is and why it even needs to be a book.

I make a point about the silver age weirdness because this entire relaunch was styled as a super serious political/racial/sci-fi thing. The X-men have their own country and are not taking **** from anybody and this nation will be taken seriously unlike the other nations they've tried! And when I'm in that kind of headspace, I'm like "How the hell do they think floating giant chunks of landmass over other countries will go down?" Its hard to be both a high stakes political and racial thriller and have silly moments like this.

The floating island just isn't impressive. Basically anyone could do it with the level of tech in Marvel, and there's just not much point to it.
The gates already are a huge problem, then they come with a floating island? And they float it on a country that is a enemy. That could be considered a act of war

seems like krakoa skipped any class on diplomacy and international law.