Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by PANDEMONIUM View Post
    Am I the only one that feels like they’re having a stroke when reading this particular writers dialogue? This happens to me when I read Excalibur too. It’s like talking in circles, almost? Hard to describe but not fun.
    Honestly Monet dialogue made me feel like i was having a manic attack. She was just really aggressive in a certain kind a way.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Am I the only one that feels like they’re having a stroke when reading this particular writers dialogue? This happens to me when I read Excalibur too. It’s like talking in circles, almost? Hard to describe but not fun.
    LOL. I know what you mean. Can't describe, but felt that too.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    I didn't pick this up, so I'm a little confused by the recap. Who was JP? You've got Jamie Prime and Jean Pierre listed, so I'm assuming its not Multiple Man. I don't really know who Jean Pierre is and why he blew up the plant.

I'm reminded of the big argument from years ago about how it was totally illegal for them to have anything built in the Savage Land lol
    Havok only mentions Jamie Prime once since that's what happens in the scene with Madrox and Monet at the plant. After that JP refers to the guy Angel went to talk with in Brazil.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    I didn't pick this up, so I'm a little confused by the recap. Who was JP? You've got Jamie Prime and Jean Pierre listed, so I'm assuming its not Multiple Man. I don't really know who Jean Pierre is and why he blew up the plant.

I'm reminded of the big argument from years ago about how it was totally illegal for them to have anything built in the Savage Land lol
    JP is Jean Pierre, the villain from the issue. He blew the plant up to stop the the X-Men from having the portal flowers.

I'm not sure, but I believe that he appeared in either HoX or PoX. I think that he started off as an ally to the X-Men. Could be wrong though. It's been a while since I read those comics.

Edit: And Triniking beats me to answering because of my slow typing skills.

Mighty Member

So the core members are

Angel
    Monet
    Madrox
    Trinary
    ? fifth member

A very small team

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

The Savage Land was just drugs. Brazil doesn't have portals cuz they didn't sign the nation thing, I guess? Even though Russia had.

Quote Originally Posted by ermac View Post
    LOL. I know what you mean. Can't describe, but felt that too.
    The author is too verbiose.

What's the point of that long ass convo with Xavier if he just wants to tell them to be careful?
    What's the point of TWO characters explaining that Penance cuts off Monet's telepathy when the art did it just fine?
    Why drag out the dupes aren't expendable convo so long?
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    So the core members are

Angel
    Monet
    Madrox
    Trinary
    ? fifth member

A very small team
    A small team may be a good idea, seeing as most of the current X-books have a hard time balancing a large cast. Marauders in particular leaves many of it's cast members as little more than wallpaper, background characters.

There is still some room for some supporting characters to have smaller roles. I doubt if we get to many, though.

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    So the core members are

Angel
    Monet
    Madrox
    Trinary
    ? fifth member

A very small team
    Unless as CEOs, Angel and Penance don't count. It could be them plus a board of 5, which is a pretty standard cast number. Either way, I'd love them to bring in Wind Dancer.

Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    A small team may be a good idea, seeing as most of the current X-books have a hard time balancing a large cast. Marauders in particular leaves many of it's cast members as little more than wallpaper, background characters.

There is still some room for some supporting characters to have smaller roles. I doubt if we get to many, though.
    Depending on how wide they go with the corporation, a small cast might be good with lots of cameos in various roles in different arms of the corp. Perhaps featuring Forge and Jumbo means they'll be branching out into the technological and fashion worlds.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    The Savage Land was just drugs. Brazil doesn't have portals cuz they didn't sign the nation thing, I guess? Even though Russia had.

What's the point of that long ass convo with Xavier if he just wants to tell them to be careful?
    What's the point of TWO characters explaining that Penance cuts off Monet's telepathy when the art did it just fine?
    I'm always a little surprised when X-Men readers complain about there being to much dialogue in a comic. Claremont always stuffed his comics with a lot of dialogue. And, many of the writers that came after him imitated his verbose style.

Not that your wrong. Many X-Men comics are to verbose.

Perhaps Howard felt the need to make sure that things were given long explanations because a big criticism of her Excalibur work that I have noticed is that people get confused as to what is going on and can't always understand the characters' motivations or personalities. I disagree with that criticism.

I'm not trying to criticize your post, so please don't take offense at my response.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Depending on how wide they go with the corporation, a small cast might be good with lots of cameos in various roles in different arms of the corp. Perhaps featuring Forge and Jumbo means they'll be branching out into the technological and fashion worlds.
    The comic did indeed state that X-Corp was going to expand. And I believe that technology was one of the fields that it would expand into. So Forge would indeed make for a good supporting character.
    But, I believe that Forge will be joining X-Force full time, so a different character may need to be used.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post

Brzil had portals on new mutants, we saw them on amazon florestt

Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    The comic did indeed state that X-Corp was going to expand. And I believe that technology was one of the fields that it would expand into. So Forge would indeed make for a good supporting character.
    But, I believe that Forge will be joining X-Force full time, so a different character may need to be used.
    Yeah it would be great to see other techy mutants take on Forge's work as they expand.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

I always feel like I am on mushrooms when I am reading Excalibur. Everytime I turn the page it feels like I am in a whole new story.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysv75 View Post
    I always feel like I am on mushrooms when I am reading Excalibur. Everytime I turn the page it feels like I am in a whole new story.
    Some people think it is complex. it is called bad writing, Tini isn't any consistent