Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Who do guys think will be the 5th member? My guess is Sunspot.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    Didn't love it. I feel bad for Tini because people are going to attack her even more. I think she has amazing ideas just doesn't seem to get her characters voices. Maybe she should be an editor? Could be good for someone so organized, smart and creative as she clearly is.

As for the art...I love the setting, the color, but not that much the faces.

I also hate hate how north americans are paining Brazilians as the new villains, enemies of democracy in the comics when all we did was to be unfortunate to have a maniac elected. Just like the maniac US elected and got rid of last year.
    Its not like the comics ever shied away from painting the American government as villians considering all the antimutant legislation thats been proposed and passed.
    Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    Same as Angel.

She was born to a rich mysterious family. That's the main qualification unfortunately.
    Warren has history at least; this didnt just come out of nowhere

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    I liked it. I'm intrigued by the premise and excited to see how much worldbuilding this book is able to contribute. Also love the cast. Art isn't my fav but it's not hideous.
    Agree with the above.

Furthermore, unlike Excalibur, the character choices make sense. Putting Cajun Thief, Southern Belle, and Californian Mallrat onto the British mutant superteam never made sense to me.

I'm excited to see Monet get the lead, and Madrox is a favorite due to PAD's work with the character. And even though he's been kind of rebooted, I'm still interested to see what new writers do with his power set -- and the first issue didn't disappoint in that regard.

Definitely need a better villain than Guy I've Forgotten Almost Everything About -- Glasses.

Think we'll see already-established businesses like Alchemax or Roxxon or the one from All-New X-Factor?

-Pav, who's ambivalent about Layla Miller's return...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Its not like the comics ever shied away from painting the American government as villians considering all the antimutant legislation thats been proposed and passed.
    It's different. In the bigger global picture US is painted as heroic while the other targeted countries painted as villains.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    It wasnt brazil the country, but a corrupt bussiness man. He was really held? because he just flew and they started shooting when they saw a big island floating above them.
    First thing is negotiations not invade foreign airspace, Brazil can say this is a act of war
    Two things you need to know, first, the act of war is holding a foreign dignitary against their will, if you think otherwise then I got nothing for you. Second we don’t negotiate with terrorist.

Yes I’m using terrorism and war interchangeably here but unfortunately that’s the world we live in, and apparently so do the Krakoans.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Mighty Member

She really write them calling Sunspot “Beto”? What’s that about?

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Two things you need to know, first, the act of war is holding a foreign dignitary against their will, if you think otherwise then I got nothing for you. Second we don’t negotiate with terrorist.

Yes I’m using terrorism and war interchangeably here but unfortunately that’s the world we live in, and apparently so do the Krakoans.
    We saw many times when countries disrespect other countries territorial limits it can start a war, Krako did exactly this with the floatig island. You shouldnt send a person into foreign territory without a back up plan.
    2. It is brazilian government function get Angel out

It's different. In the bigger global picture US is painted as heroic while the other targeted countries painted as villains.
    I really dont see how. In the era just before HOX, we had the US trying to pass anti-deportion laws against mutants and they did pass the vaccine. We saw Gen. Callahan actively working against mutants and using his position as a high ranking American operative to do so. This is one of the main reasons why the mutants fled to Krakoa; bc the USA failed to protect them and was activey trying to destroy them. Most of the anti-mutant stuff we saw in the books leading up to that was from the US, not other countries

Didn't love it. I feel bad for Tini because people are going to attack her even more. I think she has amazing ideas just doesn't seem to get her characters voices. Maybe she should be an editor? Could be good for someone so organized, smart and creative as she clearly is.

As for the art...I love the setting, the color, but not that much the faces.

I also hate hate how north americans are paining Brazilians as the new villains, enemies of democracy in the comics when all we did was to be unfortunate to have a maniac elected. Just like the maniac US elected and got rid of last year.
    if you research how the far right leader came to power on Brazil , you will find USA interference on it. Le Monde did a artile about it

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    She really write them calling Sunspot “Beto”? What’s that about?
    In Brazil Beto is actually a more common nickname for someone called Roberto than Berto (at least where I'm from). Still weird that Monet would know about that instead of calling him Berto like everyone has been doing for years lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    if you research how the far right leader came to power on Brazil , you will find USA interference on it. Le Monde did a artile about it
    Yes I know about it. I live here. Just like they interfered and helped many dictatorships in South America.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Ultimate Member

If the story is great, I'll forgive art that's not to my taste, even if I am an incredible art snob. (As I do for New Mutants and X-Factor, both of whom I enjoy despite 'eh' art.) But this was not a great story. It had Madrox, possibly my favorite X-dude short of Nightcrawler, and Monet, one of my favorite snarky X-ladies, and, still, nothing.

Ooh, a perfect launch! We did something that people from SHIELD to Graviton to Terrax to Dr. Doom to Polaris have done, made a building / island float. And all it cost us was everything we had, our entire operation! Go us! Worst launch ever. Cigars and promotions all around.

The only books in this line I've not kept up with are Cable and Wolverine, because I don't like those characters.

This will be the first book with characters I *like* and want to read about in it, that I guess I'll be skipping...

(And Marvel will take away that 'nobody wants to read about Madrox and Monet and Angel' despite Madrox & Monet pretty much headlining 100+ issues of X-Factor, just like they took away from the failures of the Elektra and Catwoman movies that 'fans don't want to see movies about strong women.') :/
    Last edited by Sutekh; 05-14-2021 at 04:22 AM.

Can Monet simply turn into a Penance form? Or are they 2 different individuals in the same body?

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by razzmatazz360 View Post
    Can Monet simply turn into a Penance form? Or are they 2 different individuals in the same body?
    She uses the form which I am guessing is voluntary & involuntary. In comes on when she gets excited, but I don't think she can't summon it at will.

They haven't appeared to be 2 separate beings given Monet still talks & functions as she was before in said form. But Lord knows with her. Not like retcons haven't defined her for the longest.

I'm not sure how I feel about Madrox being there.

I love the character but just don't see him fitting in a Corporate environment like that. Or running a research lab (?)