Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Because in your opinion, Marauders is good. In my opinion it's trash. Easy as that. I make the comparison on my perspective after viewing the content.
    When I said marauders was good? I think both X-factor and marauders are bad. At least x-factor had ore going on

Quote Originally Posted by Houseofhick View Post
    Like you, I quit reading comics years ago and find myself reading more and more of the older stuff. Really getting into Ultimate Spider-Man and have just started the Claremont years again.
    The Marvel Unlimited app is so much better now to what it used to be because the panel by panel reading actually works now and is fantastic on my 7 inch Kindle Fire.
    How much do comics cost now and how much would it cost for someone to read ALL the latest Xbooks every month?
    I pay in Swedish kronor. On the Marvel comics app, an issue of an X-book costs between 45 and 55 Swedish kronor. 1 dollar is about 8,50 kronor.

Quote Originally Posted by bishop66 View Post
    just a little persepctive on the store i work out of wolvie, x-men and maruders are all solid sellers. x-force and excalibur are steady every month dont sell great but not terrrible, x-factor now canceled while a good book shed readers every month. new mutants and hellions both solid books dont really sell at all and have been in steady decline . way of x sold more than i thought with issue 1 but not a lot of customers added to its pull list so well see after issue 2 comes out next week, only been a day but x-corp has bee a huge flop not a lot of interest and children of the atom was doa after issue 1 and is gone after issue 6 anyway. Also beacuse of all the variants escpically the dauterman ones well make some money and i know people on the boards are excited but there has been very very little buzz for this
    Thank you for your insight! Very interesting! I wonder if Storm and Kitty makes Marauders a top seller. Will be interesting to see what happens when Storm leaves the title.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysv75 View Post
    Thank you for your insight! Very interesting! I wonder if Storm and Kitty makes Marauders a top seller. Will be interesting to see what happens when Storm leaves the title.
    Usually we get two main X-books (GOLD&BLUE, Uncanny&XMen) that sell well. I guess Marauders is seen as the second one?

Hellions prob is next to get the chop. And then COTA?

Also, WayOfX seems to have a very strong concept and buzz (ala SWORD) so that might help it.
    Last edited by RamaBird; 05-13-2021 at 02:25 PM.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bishop66 View Post
    just a little persepctive on the store i work out of wolvie, x-men and maruders are all solid sellers. x-force and excalibur are steady every month dont sell great but not terrrible, x-factor now canceled while a good book shed readers every month. new mutants and hellions both solid books dont really sell at all and have been in steady decline . way of x sold more than i thought with issue 1 but not a lot of customers added to its pull list so well see after issue 2 comes out next week, only been a day but x-corp has bee a huge flop not a lot of interest and children of the atom was doa after issue 1 and is gone after issue 6 anyway. Also beacuse of all the variants escpically the dauterman ones well make some money and i know people on the boards are excited but there has been very very little buzz for this
    how do you know cota is gone after 6?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    Usually we get two main X-books (GOLD&BLUE, Uncanny&XMen) that sell well. I guess Marauders is seen as the second one?

Hellions prob is next to get the chop. And then COTA?

Also, WayOfX seems to have a very strong concept and buzz (ala SWORD) so that might help it.
    The best selling x-men books are Wolverine and X-men.

Hellions seems to have estabilized, Excalibur is more danger than Hellions.

not sure if Sword is doing so good

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    The best selling x-men books are Wolverine and X-men.

Hellions seems to have estabilized, Excalibur is more danger than Hellions.

not sure if Sword is doing so good
    But there's more important characters in Excalibur compared to Hellions, that might be what's saving Excalibur.

I think the numbers for SWORD aren't very good but it's reputation does seem to be good.

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    But there's more important characters in Excalibur compared to Hellions, that might be what's saving Excalibur.

I think the numbers for SWORD aren't very good but it's reputation does seem to be good.
    Characters nor reputation saves books if sales aren't good. Rogue is out of Excalibur, so the book will lose a star

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

If sales were up there is no way Marvel would not be bragging about. The fact they are dead quite says sales are either the same or worse than they were before this relaunch started. If I had to guess I would say they are worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    If sales were up there is no way Marvel would not be bragging about. The fact they are dead quite says sales are either the same or worse than they were before this relaunch started. If I had to guess I would say they are worse.
    I think people should also remember they are changing distributors and the potential business decisions that needed to be made marvel wide to gear up for that.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I think people should also remember they are changing distributors and the potential business decisions that needed to be made marvel wide to gear up for that.
    I am actually surprised Hickman's book is not being held back for the PRH kick off. I think we can expect to hear a lot of numbers get tossed around then.

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    marauders is same quality as x-factor. X-factor, marauders and excalibur are very close on quality, I don't get this comparisons
    Agreed. All three books consistently have me wondering if I missed an issue... and each issue feels like it's missing scenes. The characterizations seem to come out of nowhere and change on a whim (if there is any at all and the characters aren't just blank page fillers). There is nothing in any of these books that make me care about the characters or story arcs. I have already dropped X-Factor (I do not understand the love that book gets) and have flip-flopped back and for on if I should drop Excalibur. There has been zero reason given by Marvel for me to be interested in the Gala (what the hell is it, just a 12 issue party?), but I think I'm going to reexamine all of the X-books after it's over.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

I wonder why, though, it got cancelled... if it was a surprise obviously it wasn't doing that horribly. Right?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    I wonder why, though, it got cancelled... if it was a surprise obviously it wasn't doing that horribly. Right?
    Marketing strategy to give it a soft reboot by adding Magneto, with the Trial in and hopes it gains some traction

From what I can tell it direct monthly sales were poor but its digital sales were okay and at least by Amazon numbers its vol. 1 Paperback sold better than some of the other X-books.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

I wish that the big two try doing "seasons" with their books.

Guarantee 12 issues per year (NOT including event tie-ins), so they can tell their complete stories and if they don't sell do not continue the series.

Because then at least the writer's vision can be told and they don't have to be blind sided with a cancelation.

It would also guarantee work for the artists and writers and reader's won't feel cheated 8 issues in and the story doesn't have a satisfactory finale.