Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Mighty Member

No, comic books just don't sell that well. However, I believe the main purpose of these books is marketing the more expensive projects (toys/tv/movies).

Sales usually seem to follow a similar pattern to what I wrote below:
    MainBook1: 150K, MainBook2: 60Km, MainBook3-10: 40K, MainBook11-25:30K, by this time they do a new number One and cycle starts over.
    SideBook1: 70K, SideBook2: 30K, SideBook3: 25K, SideBook10-12: 15K

So while a book like Way of X and SWORD may not last too long, if they are well written throughout, they will still make a big impact (even if sales are low).

Surprised that Excalibur is still going.

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    There always highly ranked on comicology. Comichron is obsolete now that there going to random house publishing. Even still those were never sales numbers there the number stores bought not consumers. They could have a low number but fast turnaround then the books ordered in larger numbers. Sales numbers are and always have been bullshit
    They aren't obsolete. The deal isn't out yet and they have their way of tracking sales

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysv75 View Post
    It’s like Nielsen that took a really long time to adjust their ratings to how people consume tv shows today.

I read my comics on the Marvel Unlimited app and the Marvel Comics app. Made me fall in love with reading comics again, and everything is accessible so I can binge read comics wherever I am as long as I have my iPad. I wonder if Marvel analyzes how people use their apps. I only heard of Young Avengers the other year when I read an article about good LGBTQ representation in comics. I binge read everything with Young Avengers - several times. If Marvel analyzes old comics that do well on Marvel Unlimited, maybe they will give some titles a new chance.
    I read my comics on MU too. Do you find you are reading more of the old stuff rather than keeping up with the new stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by Houseofhick View Post
    I read my comics on MU too. Do you find you are reading more of the old stuff rather than keeping up with the new stuff?
    Mostly older stuff. I wasn’t reading comics for more than a decade - they took up too much space. So when I discovered digital comics I almost didn’t know where to begin. I caught up on the X-books, and then I read all comics with Young Avengers, and then I read John Byrne’s run on Fantastic Four. I am buying the X-books on the Marvel Comics app - I don’t have the patience to wait three months until they are added to Marvel Unlimited.
    For me Marvel Unlimited is a great way to try new comics. I read Strange Academy the other day. I really enjoyed it. I think I will read Elektra’s solo books next. Or maybe original Spider-Woman, Jessica Drew. Marvel Unlimited is a smorgasbord for a Marvel comics junkie.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysv75 View Post
    Mostly older stuff. I wasn’t reading comics for more than a decade - they took up too much space. So when I discovered digital comics I almost didn’t know where to begin. I caught up on the X-books, and then I read all comics with Young Avengers, and then I read John Byrne’s run on Fantastic Four. I am buying the X-books on the Marvel Comics app - I don’t have the patience to wait three months until they are added to Marvel Unlimited.
    For me Marvel Unlimited is a great way to try new comics. I read Strange Academy the other day. I really enjoyed it. I think I will read Elektra’s solo books next. Or maybe original Spider-Woman, Jessica Drew. Marvel Unlimited is a smorgasbord for a Marvel comics junkie.
    Like you, I quit reading comics years ago and find myself reading more and more of the older stuff. Really getting into Ultimate Spider-Man and have just started the Claremont years again.
    The Marvel Unlimited app is so much better now to what it used to be because the panel by panel reading actually works now and is fantastic on my 7 inch Kindle Fire.
    How much do comics cost now and how much would it cost for someone to read ALL the latest Xbooks every month?

Fantastic Member

just a little persepctive on the store i work out of wolvie, x-men and maruders are all solid sellers. x-force and excalibur are steady every month dont sell great but not terrrible, x-factor now canceled while a good book shed readers every month. new mutants and hellions both solid books dont really sell at all and have been in steady decline . way of x sold more than i thought with issue 1 but not a lot of customers added to its pull list so well see after issue 2 comes out next week, only been a day but x-corp has bee a huge flop not a lot of interest and children of the atom was doa after issue 1 and is gone after issue 6 anyway. Also beacuse of all the variants escpically the dauterman ones well make some money and i know people on the boards are excited but there has been very very little buzz for this

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Nice just nice, this was practically the only book I was reading before Way of X came along. Meh...
    I feel your pain, and yet somehow The Marauders continues on. It would be great to see Marauders on the altar instead of X-Factor.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    I feel your pain, and yet somehow The Marauders continues on. It would be great to see Marauders on the altar instead of X-Factor.
    marauders is same quality as x-factor. X-factor, marauders and excalibur are very close on quality, I don't get this comparisons

Quote Originally Posted by bishop66 View Post
    just a little persepctive on the store i work out of wolvie, x-men and maruders are all solid sellers. x-force and excalibur are steady every month dont sell great but not terrrible, x-factor now canceled while a good book shed readers every month. new mutants and hellions both solid books dont really sell at all and have been in steady decline . way of x sold more than i thought with issue 1 but not a lot of customers added to its pull list so well see after issue 2 comes out next week, only been a day but x-corp has bee a huge flop not a lot of interest and children of the atom was doa after issue 1 and is gone after issue 6 anyway. Also beacuse of all the variants escpically the dauterman ones well make some money and i know people on the boards are excited but there has been very very little buzz for this
    This is interesting, on the diamond chart X-force seems to sell a lot more than Excalibur but on your shop the sales are very close.
    Seems like people aren't commiting to way of X.

I knew that Dauterman variants would carry the Gala. I think that they need to get on the meat of the story, they release a bunch of previews of people all talking, that is boring.
    They revealed that magneto gonna kill somebody on last issue, but what about the rest of the issues?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    This is interesting, on the diamond chart X-force seems to sell a lot more than Excalibur but on your shop the sales are very close.
    Seems like people aren't commiting to way of X.

I knew that Dauterman variants would carry the Gala. I think that they need to get on the meat of the story, they release a bunch of previews of people all talking, that is boring.
    They revealed that magneto gonna kill somebody on last issue, but what about the rest of the issues?
    Yes, I can't believe they haven't already told us what is going to happen in books that haven't come out! Unbelievable!

Quote Originally Posted by PetPigeon View Post
    Yes, I can't believe they haven't already told us what is going to happen in books that haven't come out! Unbelievable!
    Well they did, Magneto kills someone!

But the event needs a stronger teaser!!

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    No, comic books just don't sell that well. However, I believe the main purpose of these books is marketing the more expensive projects (toys/tv/movies).
    If it was the case, there would be a closer connection between comicverse and movieverse…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    If it was the case, there would be a closer connection between comicverse and movieverse…
    True. Even because comics are too small to make a effect on tv shows and movies. What comis do is generate ideas for toys, games and movies.
    Its a farm of ideas that bring some money

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    marauders is same quality as x-factor. X-factor, marauders and excalibur are very close on quality, I don't get this comparisons
    Because in your opinion, Marauders is good. In my opinion it's trash. Easy as that. I make the comparison on my perspective after viewing the content.