Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by captchuck View Post
    I think that's a great idea, but I get the sense that Marvel likes the flexibility to cancel at any time.
    Yeah, I agree; but one can wish

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    When I said marauders was good? I think both X-factor and marauders are bad. At least x-factor had ore going on
    No argument with this! X-Factor had too much potential and even started off kind of okay. Eyeboy still triggers me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant X View Post
    Readers are realizing that all side books are unnecessary to understand Hickman's main story.

Only the hardcore X-men fans still catch up on everything.
    This is pretty true, but there are interesting things happening in the “side” books.

Fantastic Member

just an fyi x-corp was easily the worst selling x-book since hickman took over and its not even close even children of the atom sold more for us.....and with quinn already moving to the cable book yes i know hes fast way of x days are numbered, we have had some customer complain an whine about two many x-books but these last two months its really gone to a entire new level with many subs deleting books and begging for marvel to stop oversatruing the x-market

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by bishop66 View Post
    just an fyi x-corp was easily the worst selling x-book since hickman took over and its not even close even children of the atom sold more for us.....and with quinn already moving to the cable book yes i know hes fast way of x days are numbered, we have had some customer complain an whine about two many x-books but these last two months its really gone to a entire new level with many subs deleting books and begging for marvel to stop oversatruing the x-market
    Is there a reason for this? X-Men has always had too many books, just go back the Regenesis days (post Schism) and there was probably a dozen books. But Generation Hope being a low seller kept alive due to editorial mandate did not drive anyone off Uncanny X-Men. A 'solo' Nightcrawler title in Astonishing X-Men did not driver anyone off Wolverine and the X-Men (and I know not to be so absolute, but my point stands). So are these people who just are not sold on X-Men in the first place just finally getting burnt out, or is it something in the way they think Marvel is marketing the books, particularly with one overarching story and many of the books being described as exploring the details of this era and picking up the plots Hickman teases in X-Men?

I checked it out. It was okay, but probably not buying issue #2 honestly. Just don’t care enough about the cast honestly, and the art was pretty average. The concept is decent, but the book’s just not worth shelling out for each month IMO.

At this stage I’m buying X-men, X-Force, Wolverine and Cable: Reloaded. That’s it. I dropped Marauders now that Storm is gone, but I’ll start picking up SWORD again too if this is where adult Cable is going to appear from now on.

Way of X is doing fine. I’m with you on the rest. It goes with what my local shop I work at believes as well. so you are mostly right but yeah.. a lot of the sales are concerning. The local shop here isn’t concerned about Way of X. It is the others. So yeah I believe Way of X will last as long as Hellions at least. Which I’m shocked is still going. I dig the book.

Astonishing Member

I trust digital more.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Is there a reason for this? X-Men has always had too many books, just go back the Regenesis days (post Schism) and there was probably a dozen books. But Generation Hope being a low seller kept alive due to editorial mandate did not drive anyone off Uncanny X-Men. A 'solo' Nightcrawler title in Astonishing X-Men did not driver anyone off Wolverine and the X-Men (and I know not to be so absolute, but my point stands). So are these people who just are not sold on X-Men in the first place just finally getting burnt out, or is it something in the way they think Marvel is marketing the books, particularly with one overarching story and many of the books being described as exploring the details of this era and picking up the plots Hickman teases in X-Men?
    Yeah, I get the dropping of books - the double whammy of the most interesting bits of storytelling wrt to Krakoa seeming to spin their wheels plus the delays and skip months have just lead to a loss of momentum and a lot of storylines feeling a bit too drawn out, and I went from buying everything except Wolverine and X-Force to just X-Factor and Vita's New Mutants (and now Way of X). I don't get the oversaturation complaint - buy the bits you get something out of, drop the ones that aren't doing it for you, and leave Marvel to balance their wallet for themselves. If Marvel cans Way of X, for example, it's not going to get me to pick up Duggan's X-Men.