Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spectacular Member

I've been checking DC's July Solicitations, I noticed two things - 1) they are really pushing hard on limited series, and 2) they published way too many Bat Books. With limited series, I actually really like it, since it gives characters that wouldn't be able to carry on an ongoing an opportunity to star in comics. It would also give readers a clear beginning, middle, and end story for them to consume. With the bat books, it isn't just that they have so many different titles featuring several different members of the bat family, but it's the fact that so many star Batman.

With further ado, I think it's kind of ridiculous that we don't have a Green Arrow or Aquaman solo series. I get that their titles are often the ones that don't sell the best, and I also understand the need to have some titles put on stasis in order to make readers ache for their return later on. However, with everything that's been going on with the Green Arrow extended cast, it has become even more painful to not have a GA book. Aquaman has a billion-dollar movie, and I know that doesn't equivalent to comic sales, is still ridiculous Aquaman doesn't have some leeway to have an ongoing. I get keeping these two guys in limbo for a little while, especially since I feel like their comics didn't sell well in the end. It's been long enough now.

I think a Justice Society and a Justice Incarnate, or Justice League of the Multiverse (better title), will spin out of Infinite Frontier. I think most of us agree that it is ridiculous there isn't a second Green Lantern book, given how vast and large the mythology and character roster is. Where is my Green Lantern Corps book DC? Ditto with Teen Titans, though every time they try doing a new Titans ongoing, they never seem to do that well. I would personally like a second Justice League team ongoing, only so that other heroes can have a chance to shine.

With the big hoopla of a black Superman movie, will Calvin Ellis (or Val-Zod) gain his own comic book title, or will he just be the focal character for whatever that Multiverse superhero team ends up being? Last, but not least, I think there should be a Batgirls series starring Cassandra Cain and Stephanie Brown, with Barbara as the mentor. It such an obvious setup that I don't understand why this one, in particular, hasn't happened yet.

The JSA. Waiting forever........

The Atom. It could feature both Ray and Ryan, I don't know why DC thinks it has to be one or the other.
    Last edited by Jekyll; 05-13-2021 at 01:51 AM.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Extraordinary Member

I want the Linda Danvers/pad Supergirl already, dang it!

Tom King tweeted a while ago that there is something involving her in Kara's new book Supergirl: Woman of Tomorrow. Another tweet mentioned Kara's original 1950s origin - I think there'll be a reference to how the two Supergirls fit into continuity.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nostalgia View Post
    Man it's pretty brutal at DC right now...It's like a DCU famine... I can't wait for business to return to normal.

JLA (that has Hal Jordan!!!)
    Green Arrow
    The Question (Vic)
    Legion of Super Heroes (Rebooted, so that the Da Didio's team is wiped from existence)
    Birds of Prey (Black Canary, Huntress, Oracle & Vixen)
    Justice League Dark
    JSA
    Mr. Miracle
    Titans
    Arsenal
    Black Lightning
    Blue Beetle/Booster Gold
    Zatanna
    Hellblazer: John Constantine
    Global Guardians (Classic line up)
    Hawkman (I'll take another round)
    Shining Knight (I'll never get this, so put him the JLD or seven soldiers of victory)

That's my list, but once I start buying enough comics, I'll often give other titles a try (Captain Marvel, Aquaman ect)
    Is Birds of Prey considered to be a Batman book? Does that book always take place in Gotham City?
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

I'd love to see "Fox and the Crow" return!
    https://comicvine.gamespot.com/fox-a...0-1471/?page=3

Extraordinary Member

I still think that instead of constantly doing Elseworlds type stories about Supergirl, they could do non-Elseworlds stories about Power Girl, who is very long overdue her own series and could be made to be rather different than Supergirl.

And of course with a Power Girl title should come JSA, and maybe some other at least minis for some of the JSA characters.

And of course a team-up between the original Section Eight and JLI/JLA/JLI/JLE.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Let's also throw out there:

Brave & the Bold
    Showcase
    Jonah Hex
    House of Secrets
    Global Guardians
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Incredible Member

Doom Patrol
    Titans … with the Fab 5
    JSA
    A Nightwing monthly team up

Incredible Member

Obligatory Cyborg post.

I'd really like another Cyborg miniseries or ongoing.
    Don't complain. Create.

Incredible Member

I would like to see a line of books placed on classic Earth 2

Jsa - obviously.

Infinity, Inc - this is a no brained for Earth 2.

Power Girl. Not treated as a joke. Use Clark and Lois as supporting characters. Also have Helena Wayne as a supporting character.

Zatanna
    Vixen
    JSA
    Power Girl
    Aquaman
    Green Arrow
    Black Canary
    Birds of Prey
    Hawkman & Hawkwoman
    Hawkgirl
    Bronze Tiger
    Richard Dragon
    Lady Shiva
    Martian Manhunter
    Dr Mid-nite
    Madame Xanadu

Astonishing Member

1) JSA rebirth a Roy Thomas/Geoff Johns hybrid version on Earth Two. Let nu-Alan and a version of Jay appear on main earth but the classic version on Earth Two.
    2) Legion of Super Heroes; retroboot revitalized
    3) Green Lantern: Emerald Gladiator (John can have the main GL title for a while but give Hal his own GL title)
    4) Detect Team, a version of the Tynion Detective Comics (rebirth team book) with Jean Paul Valley, Cassandra Cain, maybe add Signal
    5) Freedom Fighters liked the latest maxi series version
    6) Secret Six the Gail Simone version
    7) L.E.G.I.O.N. /Omega Men hybrid book to spotlight present day DC cosmic
    8) Titans (rebirth the Wolfman/Perez version of the Titans) Kory, Wally, Vic, Dick, Donna, Raven, Gar