Default Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Venture Bros Metalocalypse movies on HBO MAX

I like all 3 shows I'm a super fan of ATHF so really excited about this.

https://screenrant.com/aqua-teen-hun...se-new-movies/

I’m happy that we may finally get a proper ending to Metalocalypse. It was seemingly just about to hit the climax of the story when it was cancelled.

BANNED

Adult Swim have been uploading one new Aqua Teen short to Youtube every day this week.

I'm glad for the fans .

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Venture Bros. The best written show ever on TV. At least until Rick and Morty.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Mighty Member

ouch. gotta disagree with the Rick and Morty comparison.

"Rick and Morty" has had some pretty great episodes ("Lawmower Dog" and "Anatomy Park" were my favorites). however, I believe that their fixation on the Story Wheel holds them back. there is a sort of cheap feeling that permeates the series. they know that they can find a way to hit the reset button and make just about any story meaningless. a lot of their episodes start to feel the same. honestly, I would have ended things with Season 2. it was a logical ending point.

part of this stems from the fact that I find Rick Sanchez to be a truly loathsome human being. I never felt bad for Rick... not even once. it was hard for me to sympathize with this monstrously abusive egotist manipulate and gaslight his family. and yet, the longer the show goes on, the more likely it is that he's going to get transformed into a hero... even the writers saw this and lamp shaded the fact that they didn't want this to happen early in season three. ("he may not be the villain, but he should not be your hero...")

but it doesn't matter. there have been some funny moments here and there... but it felt like things were steadily declining in quality throughout Season Three. I just didn't feel inspired to see where they would go from there.

in contrast, I would say that the Venture Bros started off pretty clunky. it wasn't until "Ghosts of the Sargasso" that they really hit their stride as a show. since that time, with a few speed bumps along the way ("Guess Who's Coming to State Dinner", ugh!), the show just kept getting better and better. I think it has much better replay value than "Rick and Morty".

Think the are both great. Have no problem with saying VB is better.
    I thought the last season of R&M was fantastic. The faults you find are positives for me.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Mighty Member

it's like the writers can't decide whether Rick is a power fantasy, an object of pity, or a holier-than-thou-smartest-guy-in-the-room critic. and, given that they have a whole staff of writers... this sorta makes sense.

for me, the snarky nihilistic protagonist with a god-complex that is Rick Sanchez just CAN'T be deep. I find that the show is narratively and philosophically incapable of depth. sure, they'll toy with your emotions. but it's just so obvious and this makes it hard to invest in those moments. if Rick never has to actually confront his personal flaws and suffer lasting consequences for them... it just feels like the cheap manipulative stunt that it so often is. if they had ended things at season 2 this would have counter-acted a lot of the shows writing flaws IMO.

whenever the show does reveal what a wretched imbecile Rick is (season 2 finale, being a good example) ... they dance away from it and basically ignore it one episode later (see the rest of the series). maybe the last season fixes some of those story-wheel/reset button problems. they have a talented writing cast. I just find it annoying when people say it's the "deep" or "the best written show on television" ... because I think there have been plenty of shows that had better writing. (LOL, yeah, I know it's just people voice their opinions. and there is a lot I enjoyed about the show.)

one of the things I love about Venture Bros is that it never tries to pretend that Jonas isn't a monster. it never tries to make Rusty look cool and THEN subvert expectations by showing us he feels empty and alone. it's that trying to have your cake and eat it too aspect of R&M that I find annoying. if it settled for just being an absurdist/nihilist comedy I wouldn't mind so much.

I would probably enjoy R&M more if I didn't have a bunch of 20-something guys constantly telling me how deep and profound it is!

I am looking forward to a Venture Bros movie, though! I admit that I saw the ATHF movie opening day and was satisfied with the incoherent mess of a film that I got. don't know if I would pay to see that in the theater a second time, though! of the three, I feel like the Venture Bros will do best. because the Season 6 intro was basically a nearly stand-alone movie in it's own right. I'm sure the Metalocalypse move will be fun too.