Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by carmoc1234 View Post
    yea there's not much on her. she was in like one x men issue from the 80s. she was a member of the hellfire club and shaw was in love with her, then a sentinel shows up and kills her. that's all there really is to her.
    she got brought up in the last issue of maraduers as someone who cant be brought back because she died before cerebro went online so maybe a work around gets made in an upcoming story.
    So when thunderbird gonna be nrought back?

they can bring a character that nobodies cares, but not thunderbird?

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post

It seems like modern writers do not even know that he existed.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by carmoc1234 View Post
    yea there's not much on her. she was in like one x men issue from the 80s. she was a member of the hellfire club and shaw was in love with her, then a sentinel shows up and kills her. that's all there really is to her.
    she got brought up in the last issue of maraduers as someone who cant be brought back because she died before cerebro went online so maybe a work around gets made in an upcoming story.
    That seems like making the resurrection protocols even more confusing and convoluted than it already is, if they can't bring her back with her mind intact why would she be brought back at all? Just to screw with Shaw and then what (i know you can't answer that but i still felt the need to voice the question)? And if it's not Selene then who is on the cover next to Frost looking to take him down (i know covers are not a good source of information but who else but Selene is there who has a history with the HFC?)?

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    It seems like modern writers do not even know that he existed.
    They remembered him enough to have his DNA be made a part of Sinister just so that monster can be labeled a mutant, which is not even touched upon by Warpath who would have more than ample reason to get his brother back or take umbrage on Sinister.

Sinister used Thunderbird's genetic material to "become" a mutant, he controls the mutant DNA banks and he doesn't want the rest to know where he got mutant DNA from.

It is quite simple to understand why he is not back, Sinister doesn't want.

Besides writers picking and choosing what they want, would they be able to bring Thunderbird back though because, don't they need a mental copy of him? I do not think they would have one from when he died.

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Why was it a good idea to put these characters in the government again?
    Can you really call these people a government at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Besides writers picking and choosing what they want, would they be able to bring Thunderbird back though because, don't they need a mental copy of him? I do not think they would have one from when he died.
    And that raises again the question on this Lourdes character being brought back and the only answer available to bringing her back is using magic since everything pointing to science being a non factor here...would they even have her DNA?

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    And that raises again the question on this Lourdes character being brought back and the only answer available to bringing her back is using magic since everything pointing to science being a non factor here...would they even have her DNA?
    Yes, I see what you mean. I am sure the powerful mystics like Selene and Magik could somehow do it.

Lourdes was a minor character and I never remember seeing her much nor using her mutant ability to teleport. I have no idea of her type of teleportation or her limits, etc.
    Last edited by Phoenixx9; 05-15-2021 at 09:58 AM.

They remembered him enough to have his DNA be made a part of Sinister just so that monster can be labeled a mutant, which is not even touched upon by Warpath who would have more than ample reason to get his brother back or take umbrage on Sinister.
    Do they even know that Sinister used the thunderbird DNA? It is a information we have but characters doesnt seems to know.

This must be one of the most problematic developments, but fans let it slide because Sinister is funny. A white men is using a minority to enter the minority safe's space.

Thunderbird has been brought back Waaay back in October

Before y'all throw shade pleeeeasse find out if the lamp is broken or not

This must be one of the most problematic developments, but fans let it slide because Sinister is funny. A white men is using a minority to enter the minority safe's space.
    is Sinister in Camp Verde? No then the fact that he's a white dude and Proudstar is BA is moot. The XGene knows no color....what's super problematic to me is someone claiming KraKoans are segregating from Humans...etc etc ad nauseum Noooow is worried about it's 'minority safe space' when it fits their argument.
    Last edited by BroHomo; 05-15-2021 at 11:17 AM.
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Thunderbird has been brought back Waaay back in October

Before y'all throw shade pleeeeasse find out if the lamp is broken or not
    No he wasnt. it was a background mistake, we never saw any new development and Jordan White said that there wasnt a way to bring him back cause the cerebro didn't registered his mind.

is Sinister in Camp Verde? No then the fact that he's a white dude and Proudstar is BA is moot. The XGene knows no color....what's super problematic to me is someone claiming KraKoans are segregating from Humans...etc etc ad nauseum Noooow is worried about it's 'minority safe space' when it fits their argument.
    What is ofensive is the nazi appropriate a minority DNA just so he can be pass as mutant, tht is ofensive AF. Sinister is a pretender, he is Rachel Dolezal if she was geneticist

That seems like making the resurrection protocols even more confusing and convoluted than it already is, if they can't bring her back with her mind intact why would she be brought back at all? Just to screw with Shaw and then what (i know you can't answer that but i still felt the need to voice the question)? And if it's not Selene then who is on the cover next to Frost looking to take him down (i know covers are not a good source of information but who else but Selene is there who has a history with the HFC?)?
    I suggest reading the latest Marauders so your questions can be fine tuned to what's happening. Shaw brought her up in a quiet moment with Emma. He has an idea to bring her back which we'll likely hear about soon. So if she comes back all screwy it's his idea.
    And that's Lourdes on the cover you're referring to.

Last edited by JB; 05-15-2021 at 01:38 PM.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

That seems more like a recipe for disaster, i mean a guy like that in that condition? That is a lot of rage that can build up over time to the point that the hole or death may not matter in the end so long as he can release it.
    While I guess that I can see the whole "Is Attempting To Put Baby Into A Corner Sensible?..." angle?

What would be the logical alternative to doing so?

Open warfare in the Council over it(and the consequences for a recently established nation...)?

Seems like you have to pick a tough option no matter what.

I don't see the choice that they made when it comes to Shaw being glaringly fraught.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I suggest reading the latest Marauders so your questions can be fine tuned to what's happening. Shaw brought her up in a quiet moment with Emma. He has an idea to bring her back which we'll likely hear about soon. So if she comes back all screwy it's his idea.
    And that's Lourdes on the cover you're referring to.

Yep.

If you have the concerns about Shaw being a cornered rat that have been mentioned?

There are a lot of versions of bringing her back that make solid sense.