Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 200
  1. #91
    Mighty Member Hulkout42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    1,880

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    I'm sure Namor will make many snide remarks about how they're putting his island to poor use and yada yada. Allowing the five to attend the gala is a risk I did not think they would take. They must be red herrings, it would be too obvious if one of them ends up being Magneto's murder victim.
    Are we certain it is him who does it and not Mystique enacting the first part of her plan?

  2. #92
    Astonishing Member Rang10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    2,694

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Scott's bubble butt getting people mad is just hilarious.
    people really think that his flat butt is bubble butt? Must be different on USA

    Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    Are we certain it is him who does it and not Mystique enacting the first part of her plan?
    Mystique seems so obvious and it would be easy to know it is not him.
    Last edited by Rang10; 05-13-2021 at 11:03 AM.

  3. #93
    Mighty Member Hulkout42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    1,880

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    I don't want to be a negative Nancy, but everyone other than Jean looks terrible (with some modifications, that would actually make a decent costume for her). And Storm and Rogue, I guess.

    Well, Scott has the spotlight, but at what cost?
    You're not alone in this, frankly it looks like someone designed them while hopped on drugs or something.

  4. #94
    Incredible Member superjosh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    756

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    It's a gala. They are wearing their version of high fashion, hence the purposeful gaudiness of some of the designs.
    Yes, I am more than aware, thank you. And I think we're well beyond the point of people explaining to each other that it's a gala. You think I want less when I actually want MORE from them.

    I love fashion and design, and Xavier and Magneto's looks are NOT couture. Magneto on the regular looks more extravagant than that. I'm really disappointed they put him in boring formal wear. Magneto in a 3-piece suit with flair? BORING AF. I want a headpiece and cape and all the things.
    Last edited by superjosh; 05-13-2021 at 12:19 PM.

  5. #95
    Extraordinary Member Hizashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    5,112

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Participating in what, exactly? The Gala?

    ...it's a party. Who doesn't love to dress up and attend a fabulush party?

    And really, apart from a very select few, the vast majority of outfits are not revealing or objectifiable.

    @G.Soul...I never said you looked at it as porn... I know you didn't. That was in specific reference to another post, not yours.
    This entire event is emulating the excess of American elites, I don't want my heroes doing that. A party is fine, but this is ridiculous, and not everyone would dress up; in fact Scott left the design of his outfit up to someone else. Big tactical mistake.

    And it's not about the outfits being revealing, I think the general idea here is no good.

    Let me get this out of the way also: I appreciate that I'm in the minority here, maybe there's parts of my opinion others agree with and that would be cool. My opinion is hardly going to ruin this for anyone, so if you're liking this, great. I can joke about this, even if I don't generally like this.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

  6. #96
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    2,310

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    He won't stay dead is the problem, but it begs the question, if he was the victim and since he is a high profile mutant, would they bring him back immediately?
    Maybe to get political leverage over Atlantis. We know Xavier has wanted to make an ally out of them for a while. And it’s interesting that the same symbol that appeared in Giant Size Storm after she freed herself from the techno-virus also showed up during Giant Size Magneto when they went to one of the vaults of the Old Kings of Atlantis.

    Namor’s cooperation and his leadership of Atlantis probably have a role to play in some of the bigger plans X and Mags have in mind. Also him being brought back under the promise of an alliance would be a huge boon to Krakoan power. Outside Wakanda, Latveria, and maybe the US, they’re the only nation with the capabilities to rival mutantkind.

  7. #97
    Spectacular Member Solitaryhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    150

    Default

    Omg! I can't take these costumes. I just can't.

    Magneto is strutting off to the Gala like:


  8. #98
    Extraordinary Member Hizashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    5,112

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    It's okay they do. It's public. It's just getting a bit heated and I have the feeling people aren't actually reading what the other posters are saying anymore... *sigh* Time to shut up about it.
    Don't stress about it, it's all good.

    And I think I flubbed my wording, I meant the characters participating in the Gala.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

  9. #99
    Extraordinary Member Hizashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    5,112

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I'd read that in a heartbeat.
    At the rate Marvel is going, we'll get there eventually.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

  10. #100
    Astonishing Member Rang10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    2,694

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    You're not alone in this, frankly it looks like someone designed them while hopped on drugs or something.
    Some were designed by Björk for sure hahahah

  11. #101
    Extraordinary Member Hizashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    5,112

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    You're not alone in this, frankly it looks like someone designed them while hopped on drugs or something.
    You know what the biggest problem actually is? Trying to incorporate "X" into the designs, it doesn't work.

    And they also just look bad...
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

  12. #102
    Incredible Member superjosh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    756

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    This entire event is emulating the excess of American elites, I don't want my heroes doing that. A party is fine, but this is ridiculous, and not everyone would dress up; in fact Scott left the design of his outfit up to someone else. Big tactical mistake.

    And it's not about the outfits being revealing, I think the general idea here is no good.

    Let me get this out of the way also: I appreciate that I'm in the minority here, maybe there's parts of my opinion others agree with and that would be cool. My opinion is hardly going to ruin this for anyone, so if you're liking this, great. I can joke about this, even if I don't generally like this.
    I think it's fine to not be into this event. I do feel that some that are being very vocal about it are making a lot of assumptions and sometimes they veer into problematic territory. So it's... curious why this event is inciting such a strong reaction. (Not saying that about you! You seem like you're trying to have a normal discussion.)

    When X of Swords was first announced, I was like WTF and noted that nothing in X-history really had anything to do with swords so it as quite peculiar. But I didn't rant and rave about how it was so wrong and crazy and damaging to them. (I did end up quite disliking that event.)

    So why is dressing up sooooooo horrible to some people? Again, not from you, but I've heard some very toxic things said about the event and A LOT of bad takes.

  13. #103
    Extraordinary Member Phoenixx9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    8,433

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Solitaryhawk View Post
    Omg! I can't take these costumes. I just can't.

    Magneto is strutting off to the Gala like:

    LMAO!

    This is exactly Old Mags struttin' in the Gala!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]


    "Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

  14. #104

    Default

    Scott Summers literally doing nothing but standing around provocatively and somehow initiating controversy? Epic nod to continuity.

  15. #105
    Extraordinary Member Hizashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    5,112

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    I think it's fine to not be into this event. I do feel that some that are being very vocal about it are making a lot of assumptions and sometimes they veer into problematic territory. So it's... curious why this event is inciting such a strong reaction. (Not saying that about you! You seem like you're trying to have a normal discussion.)

    When X of Swords was first announced, I was like WTF and noted that nothing in X-history really had anything to do with swords so it as quite peculiar. But I didn't rant and rave about how it was so wrong and crazy and damaging to them. (I did end up quite disliking that event.)

    So why is dressing up sooooooo horrible to some people? Again, not from you, but I've heard some very toxic things said about the event and A LOT of bad takes.
    Thank you, I appreciate your understanding.

    If this were an oversized one-shot followed by the Planet-Size one-shot (talk about over-hyped) I think I'd be inclined to be more forgiving, but another event so soon after XoS? And on top of that, this is event? It's past my threshold, I can't be anything but irritated by it. Maybe I'll find things about it to enjoy, but I don't have it in my hands so I can only go based off of what we've been shown and told.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •