Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Way of X Issue 2 Change My Mind SPOILERS

We start where we left issue one, Kurt and David in the graveyard by Ruth’s grave.
    David does some impromptu psychic surgery and goes inside Kurt’s head.
    To find himself on a pirate ship (previously seen when Jean and Ororo went into his head way back in Extraordinary X Men) which seems to be under attack.
    David goes to the figurehead on the prow and prises something off, then returns to the outside world.
    He shows Kurt what he has, a dripping corrupt lump of something, in the form of a coin.
    This alien invader has been causing Kurt’s disquiet and is our first concrete proof that someone or something is Up To No Good on Krakoa.
    But David also has a problem and needs Kurt to repay him; his body is about ten minutes away from tearing reality apart. He gives Kurt coordinates and instructions to go back to Krakoa and bring back reinforcements.

In the Green Lagoon, Doctor Nemesis is idly buttering up Fabian Cortez (he want to experiment on him with his self grown psychotics). He and Dazzler exchange barbs.

Kurt turns up, he needs Doctors Nemesis’ experience with David.

Pixie is chatting with Loa, they’re discussing Loa wanting to take Mercury to the gala, it’s very sweet.
    Kurt ropes Pixie in, she says he doesn’t need her as his teleportation skill has had such an upgrade (ooooh!) but as they’re leaving, Lost (the attenuated gravity controlling mutant from last issue) turns up, wanting to speak to Kurt again. He is unable to stop and talk, due to David’s critical deadline. Kurt ports away, Fabian is Fabian at poor Lost, causing her to lose control of her powers and cause everyone in the bar to vomit. We get an arial shot of the bar showing The Patchwork Man looming over Cortez, no one seems aware of him.

Kurt, Pixie and Dr N bamf to Saudi Arabia to a fully branded Orchis base, it’s in ruins, its scientists dead. They have David’s brain in a jar. They have been doing wicked Orchis stuff with it, there’s a datapage. Kurt and Pixie go into David’s mind to help him.
    In his head, they find chaos and lots of superheroes fighting each other in savage and fatal ways, it’s a nightmare with rivers of blood in the streets.
    Outside his head, David tells Dr N that he doesn’t know how Orchis got hold of him, he just remembers Blindfold, Ruth saying one word ‘Inevitable’.
    Dr N calls the chaos in his psyche anomie, the hypothetical decline of a society without social limits, Orchis were using David’s multiple personalities to model the decline and fall of Krakoa. Not content in allowing it to happen naturally, they want to introduce an ‘invasive exotic’ to speed the fall up. It looks jolly like a spaceship we’ve seen during HoX/PoX. Nimrod’s colour code. The mutants in the simulation are chanting “Me not We”.

David is losing control, killing his disembodied brain is the only solution to save him tearing reality apart. Kurt tells him how he got the name Nightcrawler and implies that there is nothing wrong with being Legion, he seems to be implying that David should embrace his strangeness, the way Kurt has had no choice but have to do.
    Using Dr N’s gun, Kurt delivers the coup de gras. He starts to say “Father forgive me” but doesn’t finish the statement, it’s not clear if this is because of a crisis of faith or because he knows that David will soon be resurrected. It’s still powerful, we don’t see Kurt killing.

And the shit just gets weirder.

There’s a page from Kurt’s Bible about David’s killing which segues into a page of various locations on Krakoa and the important line seems to be “The unmistakable sensation of something descending. The risks were weighed, the precedents against the possibilities. The heart against the head. But no one was listening .”
    Somehow, this doesn’t feel good.

The Five spontaneously decide to resurrect David, they’re being watched over by the Xorn brothers.

Charles and Magneto are there and Chuck out and out says he won’t implant David’s mind in his husk. Don’t worry, says David, did it myself! Magnificent scene!
    David is very dismissive of Chuck and Mags, he doesn’t trust either of them, he turns down Mags offer to join with his band of Omegas. He does trust Kurt.
    They walk off, Kurt is worried that Orchis has already seeded Krakoa with something to hasten Krakoa falling into chaos. David doesn’t disagree.
    Kurt asks him if he knows who The Patchwork Man is.
    Oh yeah, Legion knows. Another reason not to trust Chuck and Mags.

The Patchwork Man is spoilers:
    Onslaught
    end of spoilers...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Su_Whisterfield; 05-19-2021 at 03:39 PM.

Astonishing Member

Okay that reveal about the Patchwork man sounds rather disapointing to me. Mostly because that's one of these characters who really should be forgotten in the history of bad comic storylines/events. I had also hoped for something more interesting.

Also the implication that the problems are the result of evil outsiders doing, rather than natual flaws of a whole system that is either rigged to blow by design or destined to crumble anyway under the nature of these comics, gets me worried about the resolution at the end and how it will harm characters and looking back at this whole thing years from now.

But then again i expect some rug pulls from this writer anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    We start where we left issue one, Kurt and David in the graveyard by Ruth’s grave.
    David does some impromptu psychic surgery and goes inside Kurt’s head.
    To find himself on a pirate ship (previously seen when Jean and Ororo went into his head way back in Extraordinary X Men) which seems to be under attack.
    David goes to the figurehead on the prow and prises something off, then returns to the outside world.
    He shows Kurt what he has, a dripping corrupt lump of something, in the form of a coin.
    This alien invader has been causing Kurt’s disquiet and is our first concrete proof that someone or something is Up To No Good on Krakoa.
    But David also has a problem and needs Kurt to repay him; his body is about ten minutes away from tearing reality apart. He gives Kurt coordinates and instructions to go back to Krakoa and bring back reinforcements.

In the Green Lagoon, Doctor Nemesis is idly buttering up Fabian Cortez (he want to experiment on him with his self grown psychotics). He and Dazzler exchange barbs.

Kurt turns up, he needs Doctors Nemesis’ experience with David.

Pixie is chatting with Loa, they’re discussing Loa wanting to take Mercury to the gala, it’s very sweet.
    Kurt ropes Pixie in, she says he doesn’t need her as his teleportation skill has had such an upgrade (ooooh!) but as they’re leaving, Lost (the attenuated gravity controlling mutant from last issue) turns up, wanting to speak to Kurt again. He is unable to stop and talk, due to David’s critical deadline. Kurt ports away, Fabian is Fabian at poor Lost, causing her to lose control of her powers and cause everyone in the bar to vomit. We get an arial shot of the bar showing The Patchwork Man looming over Cortez, no one seems aware of him.

Kurt, Pixie and Dr N bamf to Saudi Arabia to a fully branded Orchis base, it’s in ruins, it’s scientists dead. They have David’s brain in a jar. They have been doing wicked Orchis stuff with it, there’s a datapage. Kurt and Pixie go into David’s mind to help him.
    In his head, they find chaos and lots of superheroes fighting each other in savage and fatal ways, it’s a nightmare with rivers of blood in the streets.
    outside his head, David tells Dr N that he doesn’t know how Orchis got hold of him, he just remembers Blindfold, Ruth saying one word ‘Inevitable’.
    Dr N calls the chaos in his psyche anomie, the hypothetical decline of a society without social limits, Orchis were using David’s multiple personalities to model the decline and fall of Krakoa. Not content in allowing it to happen naturally, they want to introduce an ‘invasive exotic’ to speed the fall up. It looks jolly like a spaceship we’ve seen during HoX/PoX. Nimrod’s colour code. The mutants in the simulation are chanting “Me not We”.

David is losing control, killing his disembodied brain is the only solution to save him tearing reality apart. Kurt tells him how he got the name Nightcrawler and implies that there is nothing wrong with being Legion, he seems to be implying that David should embrace his strangeness, the way Kurt has had no choice but have to do.
    Using Dr N’s gun, Kurt delivers the coup de gras. He starts to say “Father forgive me” but doesn’t finish the statement, it’s not clear if this is because of a crisis of faith or because he knows that David will soon be resurrected. It’s still powerful, we don’t see Kurt killing.

And the shit just gets weirder.

There’s a page from Kurt’s Bible about David’s killing which segues into a page of various locations on Krakoa and the important line seems to be “The unmistakable sensation if something descending. The risks were weighed, the precedents against the possibilities. The heart against the head. But no one was listening .”
    Somehow, this doesn’t feel good.

The Five spontaneously decide to resurrect David, they’ve being watched over by the Xorn brothers.

Charles and Magneto are there and Chuck out and out says he won’t implant David’s mind in his husk. Don’t worry, says David, did it myself! Magnificent scene!
    David is very dismissive of Chuck and Mags, he doesn’t trust either of them, he turns down Mags offer to join with his band of Omegas. He does trust Kurt.
    They walk off, Kurt is worried that Orchis has already seeded Krakoa with something to hasten Krakoa falling into chaos. David doesn’t disagree.
    Kurt asks him if he knows who The Patchwork Man is.
    Oh yeah, Legion knows. Another reason not to trust Chuck and Mags.

The Patchwork Man is spoilers:
    Onslaught
    end of spoilers...
    I loved it. I loved that he was referred to as their child. If you want to know the loves of Xavier life just look at the children. lol.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Another great issue! So many surprises:

Legion and Nightcrawler wasn't a team I thought I needed but it works.
    I guess my conspiracy theory was on the money, Kurt did have something implanted in his brain (consciousness).
    Spurrier actually made a point to note Legion being extra Scottish.
    Continuity with S.W.O.R.D and Fabian.
    Kurt get's subtle power upgrade!
    Loving the characterization of everyone although I'm having mixed feelings about Kurt's Kill shot; not used to him doing that but I'm not surprised he gets absolutely plastered at the Gala now.
    I did not expect the patchwork man to be who it was.

Panel I found most amusing:
    Screenshot 2021-05-19 at 09.58.13 (2).jpg
    Last edited by Proxy; 05-19-2021 at 10:32 AM.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

I am glad about who Patchwork man is. Its been way to long ago.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Man, Onslaught again? Dude’s like the X-Men’s version of Herpes, they can deal with him but can never truly get rid of him.

Also realize wish they’d give Nemesis his fedora and face mask back. He’s just not him without them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Man, Onslaught again? Dude’s like the X-Men’s version of Herpes, they can deal with him but can never truly get rid of him.
    Mutants need a new Phoenix now. In a lot of ways it felt like they were setting him up to be Krakoa's devil. Which in a lot of ways seems to be empowering him and apparently he is omega so most likely he is a physic will that can't be banished. It's an interesting thing because it does open the question could he be poisoning the resurrections in some way or making people come back more aggressive. The chip wasn't in kurt's brain it was in his consciousness.

Thinking about it a little further the fact that Krakoa feeds off physic energy as well can't be a good thing. You have what it's fed and then it's being fed on.
    Last edited by jwatson; 05-19-2021 at 10:04 AM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Okay that reveal about the Patchwork man sounds rather disapointing to me. Mostly because that's one of these characters who really should be forgotten in the history of bad comic storylines/events. I had also hoped for something more interesting.

Also the implication that the problems are the result of evil outsiders doing, rather than natual flaws of a whole system that is either rigged to blow by design or destined to crumble anyway under the nature of these comics, gets me worried about the resolution at the end and how it will harm characters and looking back at this whole thing years from now.

But then again i expect some rug pulls from this writer anyway.
    I was sort of hoping that the problems on Krakoa were about the flaws of the system rather than an outside source, I think it would be more interesting that way. That being said, Orchis could be just amplifying issues that already exist.

Excellent recap. So much to unpack in this issue and I didn't see the reveal coming. I trust in Si to make this very interesting.
    David and Kurt need to hang out forever.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Excellent recap. So much to unpack in this issue and I didn't see the reveal coming. I trust in Si to make this very interesting.
    David and Kurt need to hang out forever.
    I thought Kurt looked rather alarmed at his new best friend!

I do think shooting David would be a very good reason for Kurt getting hammered at the Gala. I had been thinking that it felt somewhat out of character, after all those epic boozing sessions with Logan over the years.
    Kurt has previously been shown for taking too much responsibility when he thinks he’s in charge and it’s his duty, Dr N would have offed him without a second thought.

What I too from the book was that the decline and fall of Krakoa was inevitable, but that Orchis were trying to speed up the process.

There does fell like a very nihilistic air to the book, I don’t feel a happy clappy ending coming on for anyone.

Can somebody give me a brief rundown on Onslaught? Never read his first appearance in the '90s. My only experience is with him somehow popping up in Uncanny Avengers when Red Skull implanted himself with Xavier's brain. It didn't make any sense.
    MAGNETO was right,TONY was right, VARYS was right.

Proud member of House Ravenclaw and loyal bannerman to House Baratheon

"I am an optimist even though I am told everything I do is negative and cynical" --Armando Iannucci

I do think shooting David would be a very good reason for Kurt getting hammered at the Gala. I had been thinking that it felt somewhat out of character, after all those epic boozing sessions with Logan over the years.
    Kurt has previously been shown for taking too much responsibility when he thinks he’s in charge and it’s his duty, Dr N would have offed him without a second thought.

What I too from the book was that the decline and fall of Krakoa was inevitable, but that Orchis were trying to speed up the process.

There does fell like a very nihilistic air to the book, I don’t feel a happy clappy ending coming on for anyone.
    I agree with all of the above and I'm finding this series to be one of the most important if wanting to grasp what's going on with, and on, Krakoa.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
    Can somebody give me a brief rundown on Onslaught? Never read his first appearance in the '90s. My only experience is with him somehow popping up in Uncanny Avengers when Red Skull implanted himself with Xavier's brain. It didn't make any sense.
    Here's a link but in a nutshell, "Onslaught was a sentient psionic entity created from the consciousness of Professor Charles Xavier and Magneto."
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Onslaught_(comics)
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Proxy View Post
    I was sort of hoping that the problems on Krakoa were about the flaws of the system rather than an outside source, I think it would be more interesting that way. That being said, Orchis could be just amplifying issues that already exist.
    That's what i meant with still expecting a rug pull. That there will be a more complex explanation and layer of reasons underneath the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    That's what i meant with still expecting a rug pull. That there will be a more complex explanation and layer of reasons underneath the issue.
    The issue did imply that Krakoa's destruction was inevitable and Orchis are speeding things up, I forgot about that. I'm also expecting many more rug pulls full of complexities along the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
    Onslaught is Xavier’s and Magneto’s evil subconsciousnesses merged together via psionic energy to create the entity Onslaught. That’s why Onslaught looks like a giant Magneto.

It defeated the FF and the Avengers, and Franklin Richards created a “pocket universe” to save them, which are the issues when Image comics creators took over FF and Avengers titles for a year. It was very peak crossover; well, until now, LOL!