Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Yep.

If you have the concerns about Shaw being a cornered rat that have been mentioned?

There are a lot of versions of bringing her back that make solid sense.
    well he is a cornere rat because WEmma wanted it. Not sure if bringing her is any good for Emma herself

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    well he is a cornere rat because WEmma wanted it. Not sure if bringing her is any good for Emma herself
    Built into that is the fact that doing it is a potentially winning bet.

In the situation that they are in?

No really solid argument against making it.

Built into that is the fact that doing it is a potentially winning bet.

In the situation that they are in?

No really solid argument against making it.
    You don't know with side she is in. She is a wild card, it is never good. it all could be easily avoided if they put him o the hole instead of playing CIA torture on Shaw

You don't know with side she is in. She is a wild card, it is never good. it all could be easily avoided if they put him o the hole instead of playing CIA torture on Shaw
    If that wild card potentially winds up giving you a royal flush?

Yes, that is good.

Past that, you are assuming that it would have been as simple as Shaw just winding up in the hole.

There are quite a few realistic outcomes that would easily have been worse than that. Along with entirely logical reasons to avoid them if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    Can you really call these people a government at all?
    It's functionally their government.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

If that wild card potentially winds up giving you a royal flush?

Yes, that is good.

Past that, you are assuming that it would have been as simple as Shaw just winding up in the hole.

There are quite a few realistic outcomes that would easily have been worse than that. Along with entirely logical reasons to avoid them if possible.
    It's a 50%-50% chance.

But the book needs new villains and antagonist, shaw got took out too easy. The book got boring so fast

It's a 50%-50% chance.

But the book needs new villains and antagonist, shaw got took out too easy. The book got boring so fast
    I'd say that it is potentially a bit more complicated than that(someone would be returning to an almost completely different world than they recall...)

As for that a book needs villains/antagonists?

You can always come by those.

Doesn't automatically create a situation where someone coming along must fit into one of those two roles.

I'd say that it is potentially a bit more complicated than that(someone would be returning to an almost completely different world than they recall...)

As for that a book needs villains/antagonists?

You can always come by those.

Doesn't automatically create a situation where someone coming along must fit into one of those two roles.
    We will only know when it will be released

We will only know when it will be released
    Not even remotely true.

We absolutely know for a fact that the world that she will be reborn into will be a completely different one than the one she knew where mutants have a home country.

That is just a "The Cement Is Dry..." fact.

Yep.

If you have the concerns about Shaw being a cornered rat that have been mentioned?

There are a lot of versions of bringing her back that make solid sense.
    He's already a cornered rat, there is no question about that, my thoughts are geared more towards if he is going down my hopes it is done in a way that makes it interesting.

Because I am going to be honest, the only time i showed proper interest in this book was when Shaw pulled off his plan to get rid of Kitty, that it lasted so long and that even when she came came back he didn't act like "Oh crap it's all over!", he acted all calm and collected despite we all knowing he was going to get his...and again being honest with myself when it happens i felt disappointing how it ended and still continued.

So if this minor character, this Lourdes, is brought back to facilitate his comeuppance (which could be a possibility because from what little i found about her she couldn't possibly love this version of him who did end up running the HFC which before she died) and side with Frost against him so as to stop him from hurting anyone else then let it something worth my time.

Then again, the cover could be misleading and turns out she is brought back, she isn't screwy and despite what has become of him she decides regardless to stay by his side and help him against Frost and the Marauders, that also could be interesting...bottom line is, i want to be invested in this book again.

No he wasnt. it was a background mistake, we never saw any new development and Jordan White said that there wasnt a way to bring him back cause the cerebro didn't registered his mind.
    Sigh.... Yes he tweeted that months before Thunderbird was listed as alive in XoSwords handbook...
    Annnd anyway that doesn't make sense as others have pointed out:
    Sway
    Petra
    Vulcan
    Changeling
    Alll Mutants who died before Thunderbird and have been resurrected

What is ofensive is the nazi appropriate a minority DNA just so he can be pass as mutant, tht is ofensive AF. Sinister is a pretender, he is Rachel Dolezal if she was geneticist
    Appropriation the way you're using it is taking and using something without permission...there was no one to ask permission he was Dead and wasn't using his DNA...if it helps secure a Homeland for his people a thing I feeling as an Apache TB would fight for. No way he'd have a problem with. Again why the race angle? WhAt Sinister got from TB he coulda got from Cylops, Angel, Gambit And there'd be no difference...you can't tell race from an XGene. If comparing MR. eFFing Sinister one of the worse on the island to Rachael Dolzeal is a major criticism KraKoans are still waaaay ahead of other teams in the morality department lmao
    So if this minor character, this Lourdes, is brought back to facilitate his comeuppance (which could be a possibility because from what little i found about her she couldn't possibly love this version of him who did end up running the HFC which before she died) and side with Frost against him so as to stop him from hurting anyone else then let it something worth my time.

Then again, the cover could be misleading and turns out she is brought back, she isn't screwy and despite what has become of him she decides regardless to stay by his side and help him against Frost and the Marauders, that also could be interesting...bottom line is, i want to be invested in this book again.
    well she's not so minor in Shaw's overall narrative or in the HFC Inner Circle mutant supremacy....but yeah I think it'd be cool if the HFC and bout time the HFC gets a formidable and competent Black Queen
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Sigh.... Yes he tweeted that months before Thunderbird was listed as alive in XoSwords handbook...

well she's not so minor in Shaw's overall narrative or in the HFC Inner Circle mutant supremacy....but yeah I think it'd be cool if the HFC and bout time the HFC gets a formidable and competent Black Queen
    There is not much about her and what little i found says powerwise she falls below the main teleports we do have running around such as Kurt, Blink, Vanisher and so on, so i don't believe formidable is the word to use for her and as for competence? Well the problem there is that she wanted nothing to do with the HFC and even tried to get Shaw away from them before she was killed and her death drove him to become the BK so if she is brought as she was then with no sign of weirdness gong on i don't see how she becomes the Black Queen to an organization that still follows the same modus operandi she has no love for and made the man she loved into monster (and given the context and the lengths he is going through to get her back i think he would have not become what he was now if she had lived).

Now if the idea is that he does get her back and to make her the BQ, then i do feel that only works if she is altered to a mindset where she does support him and what he does, so later Frost undoes it and gets another person to use against him...which could be the likely scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Annnd anyway that doesn't make sense as others have pointed out:
    Sway
    Petra
    Vulcan
    Changeling
    Alll Mutants who died before Thunderbird and have been resurrected
    tweets aren't canon and he gave a interview saying it was impossible to bring him.

Also if he was alive we should see a lot of him and his brother, he isn't even on the Gala

tweets aren't canon and he gave a interview saying it was impossible to bring him.

Also if he was alive we should see a lot of him and his brother, he isn't even on the Gala
    If it's in the XOS handbook(which I'm not sure it is...)?

Tweets/What Someone Has Said?

Non-Issue. It is canon that he is alive if the Handbook states he is listed as alive.

There is not much about her and what little i found says powerwise she falls below the main teleports we do have running around such as Kurt, Blink, Vanisher and so on, so i don't believe formidable is the word to use for her and as for competence? Well the problem there is that she wanted nothing to do with the HFC and even tried to get Shaw away from them before she was killed and her death drove him to become the BK so if she is brought as she was then with no sign of weirdness gong on i don't see how she becomes the Black Queen to an organization that still follows the same modus operandi she has no love for and made the man she loved into monster (and given the context and the lengths he is going through to get her back i think he would have not become what he was now if she had lived).
    Yeeeaah and in that same story Tessa wasnt near as powerful as she now as Sage. Lourdes is pretty much a blank slate she could get a power boost....or secondary mutation like Emma. i.e. Negasonic Teenage Warhead. Besides Emma the ladies of the HFC needs to be more of a dissenting voice. Selenes held the BQ title the longest I think but she just wants to eat people. But she doesn't even need a powerful Mutant power to be a threat just written smartly

Bruh you used a tweet to support your claim lol

Sooo if they aren't at the Gala their dead? Ooook
    If it's in the XOS handbook(which I'm not sure it is...)?

Tweets/What Someone Has Said?

Non-Issue. It is canon that he is alive if the Handbook states he is listed as alive.
    Danke!
    GrindrStone(D)