Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    I think there is a huge difference between sexualized and idealized. GRINNING SOUL did a perfect post on it.
    Continue on the idealized beautiful heroes, but turn it down on sexualizing them
    I agree.Superheroes(well most of them) are considered attractive and there is no problem in being drawn as such but their is a line they need to acknoweldge.Could you quote the post please

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    I agree.Superheroes(well most of them) are considered attractive and there is no problem in being drawn as such but their is a line they need to acknoweldge.Could you quote the post please
    you asked, you get it

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    I don't particularly like it, but I don't have a problem with the look per se. In this case, it's the choice of the angle/pose. It's not about the body or how revealing an outfit is either. It's the composition. A person/character can be entirely naked without any objectification.

Compare the two covers. They're both beautiful pieces of art. Same character. Same outfit. Different artistic eye:

https://i.redd.it/yzt0odlkgxw61.jpg
    https://terrigen-cdn-dev.marvel.com/...sizexmen_0.jpg

You see the difference?

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    The X-Office does it again?
    It sure does. I mean, we've got folks basically cosplaying as sex cult leaders, but nope, it's the dude practically covered from head to toe who crossed the line. It's awesome.

I had no idea Scott's ass was powerful enough to cause this much discourse. Maybe he needs to hide it away from the world for everyone's safety, start wearing ruby quartz pants.

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    I definitely hope they learned from XofS. It had... 22 issues. The Hellfire Gala is 13 (I believe) and we've only seen about 8 pages in total. I think it's pretty early to make any judgment on it being boring and talky, but go off.
    Maybe it will surprise, that's possible. I'm not confident though.

It is a bit early to judge the book, but I think the basic premise leaves a lot to be desired.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    It sure does. I mean, we've got folks basically cosplaying as sex cult leaders, but nope, it's the dude practically covered from head to toe who crossed the line. It's awesome.
    Hang on, the fandom is also part of the problem isn't it? This thread has become 70% about Scott's butt. What have we done?
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Fluffy, I know you're upset about writers and fans blaming Scott for everything. But no one crossed the line and no one is judging the character.

The only person who said anything about the character's choices (concerning his taking part in the event and giving total freedom to the designer when it came to his outfit) was @Hizashi. And you know that comment wasn't coming from a place of attacking the character.

--

And guys, before you get such an emotional reaction about it, maybe you could try to read the posts in a more impartial way? Not every one is a troll, trying to get to you.

We were talking about art and how the characters (in general, not Scott - the examples I gave were about Jean) are represented in comics. Those are technical and social aspects that don't need to be so charged with negative emotions. Please, don't immediately assume that if someone has a different perspective, they are attacking you or your tastes.

When people come to the forums already in a super defensive stance, we don't get to have constructive discussions...

BANNED

I don't particularly like it, but I don't have a problem with the look per se. In this case, it's the choice of the angle/pose. It's not about the body or how revealing an outfit is either. It's the composition. A person/character can be entirely naked without any objectification.

Compare the two covers. They're both beautiful pieces of art. Same character. Same outfit. Different artistic eye:

https://i.redd.it/yzt0odlkgxw61.jpg
    https://terrigen-cdn-dev.marvel.com/...sizexmen_0.jpg

You see the difference?
    Sure. Comic characters have been objectified for... since the beginning. Even MCU with their fun-friendly pop-culture films have done that but I wasn't talking about the angle or pose. It is the character design and the design(for Cyke) looks substandard as well a little bit too skinny for "gala". They might look good but different in real-life mechanics but in comics, it isn't.
    Last edited by Vishop; 05-14-2021 at 02:46 AM.

Extraordinary Member

you asked, you get it
    Thanks a lot.I do see the point.Both are beautiful.Again it is a gala and a cover at that so I think they should be allowed to push the line a bit.As long as its not atrocious I think we will survive

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    I had no idea Scott's ass was powerful enough to cause this much discourse. Maybe he needs to hide it away from the world for everyone's safety, start wearing ruby quartz pants.
    I think the art lead to a much wider discussion that overtook the thread.We should bring it back on track

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

And guys, before you get such an emotional reaction about it, maybe you could try to read the posts in a more impartial way? Not every one is a troll, trying to get to you.

We were talking about art and how the characters (in general, not Scott - the examples I gave were about Jean) are represented in comics. Those are technical and social aspects that don't need to be so charged with negative emotions. Please, don't immediately assume that if someone has a different perspective, they are attacking you or your tastes.

When people come to the forums already in a super defensive stance, we don't get to have constructive discussions...
    As someone pointed it out already, quite a few of us are merely baffled/amused at the "Objectification/Sexualization is selectively wrong!" tangent that spawned from the simple rendition of a historically controversial dude's covered posterior. As far as most of us concerned, the only acceptable reaction to such visuals should've been "Hot!" or "Meh." Nobody's particularly upset, emotional or super defensive.

"And don't forget when drawing that Scott has a great ass"

Hickman, probably.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaryhawk View Post
    Omg! I can't take these costumes. I just can't.

Magneto is strutting off to the Gala like:

Hilarious, but also meta, the guy is literally being turned into a clown.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    why the artist drew namor forehead so big, wth
    Yeah, good point. Now I can't un-see it!
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    "And don't forget when drawing that Scott has a great ass"

Hickman, probably.
    I mean...he's not wrong.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.