Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Scott Summers literally doing nothing but standing around provocatively and somehow initiating controversy? Epic nod to continuity.
    The X-Office does it again?
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    You know what the biggest problem actually is? Trying to incorporate "X" into the designs, it doesn't work.

And they also just look bad...
    Yeah, that does seem to be the thing they are going for...but the execution leaves much to be desired.

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    I think it's fine to not be into this event. I do feel that some that are being very vocal about it are making a lot of assumptions and sometimes they veer into problematic territory. So it's... curious why this event is inciting such a strong reaction. (Not saying that about you! You seem like you're trying to have a normal discussion.)

When X of Swords was first announced, I was like WTF and noted that nothing in X-history really had anything to do with swords so it as quite peculiar. But I didn't rant and rave about how it was so wrong and crazy and damaging to them. (I did end up quite disliking that event.)

So why is dressing up sooooooo horrible to some people? Again, not from you, but I've heard some very toxic things said about the event and A LOT of bad takes.
    Can't speak for anyone but my self but i quite frankly don't understand why this even needs to be an event in the first place, if they wanted to set up future story lines and plots did it really needs this? I mean when heard of it i thought maybe a giant sized one shot not a multiple issue/book event and after the let down of XoS i did not really fancy another one for a while, also factoring in King Black just ended as well it feels too soon and draining.

As for the "dresses and suits" issue? There have to be some of the most gaudiest and outlandish i have ever seen. Frost and Xavier look like something i would se on a dashboard or hood of a cadillac. And Magneto is like he wants to rip off the Monopoly dude or Willy Wonka in white.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    Can't speak for anyone but my self but i quite frankly don't understand why this even needs to be an event in the first place, if they wanted to set up future story lines and plots did it really needs this? I mean when heard of it i thought maybe a giant sized one shot not a multiple issue/book event and after the let down of XoS i did not really fancy another one for a while, also factoring in King Black just ended as well it feels too soon and draining.

As for the "dresses and suits" issue? There have to be some of the most gaudiest and outlandish i have ever seen. Frost and Xavier look like something i would se on a dashboard or hood of a cadillac. And Magneto is like he wants to rip off the Monopoly dude or Willy Wonka in white.
    I'm positive that there's more to this event than just the party. I think maybe they should be broadcasting that a bit more, but I also like that so far it's been a bit of an artist showcase.

If the Hellfire Gala turns out more entertaining than XoS then I'll be completely satisfied.

You think even Magneto looks outlandish? It's so... boring.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    IDC what anyone says Bobby looks cute.

I'm positive that there's more to this event than just the party. I think maybe they should be broadcasting that a bit more, but I also like that so far it's been a bit of an artist showcase.

If the Hellfire Gala turns out more entertaining than XoS then I'll be completely satisfied.
    I'm looking forward to seeing the interactions with dignitaries of other nations and how that all goes down. The mutants are making their debut on the global stage as a recognized nation so I'm all for the pizzazz.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Yeah, that does seem to be the thing they are going for...but the execution leaves much to be desired.
    It might have been clever to have only the new X-Men sporting an X on their costume. I don't know.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Excellent post, I'll cosign to this.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    IDC what anyone says Bobby looks cute.
    Bobby looks like the Ice T ice version of him from Rick and Morty.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

You think even Magneto looks outlandish? It's so... boring.
    Well X of swords had a lot of excess filler.

for now we saw same pages peope arriing, people talking on te party, it is really boring

This event seems to be a lot of filler except for a murder and the planet sized.
    Sword and Way of X gonna use it for a after gala stories, seems the more interesting issues from the bunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Well X of swords had a lot of excess filler.

for now we saw same pages peope arriing, people talking on te party, it is really boring

This event seems to be a lot of filler except for a murder and the planet sized.
    Sword and Way of X gonna use it for a after gala stories, seems the more interesting issues from the bunch.
    I definitely hope they learned from XofS. It had... 22 issues. The Hellfire Gala is 13 (I believe) and we've only seen about 8 pages in total. I think it's pretty early to make any judgment on it being boring and talky, but go off.

I definitely hope they learned from XofS. It had... 22 issues. The Hellfire Gala is 13 (I believe) and we've only seen about 8 pages in total. I think it's pretty early to make any judgment on it being boring and talky, but go off.
    I dont think they showed only 10 pages. We had like 5 books previews, +10 pages easily

13 issues still a lot for a party, seeing how same writers didn't even tried on XOS

I dont think they showed only 10 pages. We had like 5 books previews, +10 pages easily

13 issues still a lot for a party, seeing how same writers didn't even tried on XOS
    Ok 10+ pages from and event that’s probably around 300+ pages. We haven’t seen anything basically.

And again, I doubt it’s going to be 13 issues of people talking over drinks. Maybe wait until the first few issues come out and then start judging... like we did for XoS lol.

Ok 10+ pages from and event that’s probably around 300+ pages. We haven’t seen anything basically.

And again, I doubt it’s going to be 13 issues of people talking over drinks. Maybe wait until the first few issues come out and then start judging... like we did for XoS lol.
    And XOS turned terribly. Still too much partying for previews.

And XOS turned terribly. Still too much partying for previews.
    Well if you're hoping so much that it's terrible, I hope you get what you want? I dunno what to tell you anymore lol.