Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    I suppose that it the one 'clue' to the nay 'family comes first'.

But has anyone thought that, that is not really Alicia, especially as we say someone imitate her very well, earlier.

What if that is the child and not Alicia? So bam, on the bait and switch. Alicia wouldn't do this to Lyja, but that kid might....
    I supposed it's possible for it to have been the Nicki, but since Ben had just put the kids to bed, she would have had to get out of bed and somehow beat Ben to Alicia's studio.

How is this supposed to work anyway? The puppet master's control weakens the further away he is to his victim. I remember an old story where he was trying to get Ben and Johnny to kill each other and had to follow them around NYC to maintain his control. I would think Alicia's control would fade away long before Lyja reached the Skrulls.

I hear Johnny cheated good on him I love a nice survivor story!

Mighty Member

https://twitter.com/DanSlott/status/1392695057560612865

Dan Slott on relationships: a thread.

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post

May he never touch Wiccan & Hulkling again.

I'm not shocked Johnny cheating I mean he been not ****.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    For the kids to be behind this, yes, they would have to know about Puppet Master and his clay but then again that can be introduced retroactively.

This part doesn't make sense since the FF are shown to be TOO sympathetic to their villains. Especially since they had Lyja living with them before Heroes Reborn.
    And they have practically adopted Bentley Whitman aka the Wizard's clone Bentley Whitman 23 ...or is it 32? I forget what version he is.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Lyja is a piece of trash and Alicia still hating her makes total sense.
    I won't be surprised if Slott goes back to this scene in FF #376 (after defeating the Watcher-powered Doom and before Johnny's trial) and expands it. We never got to see in detail how Alicia reacted to Ben introducing Lyja to her. But I skipped several issues after this arc so it may have been revealed in those issues.

Sue never forgave her and she has every right not to.
    Not according to Peter David in She-Hulk: Cosmic Collision, where the Collector gathers up several superheroines (so he regards Lyja as a superheroine) and Sue is all smiles and relieved at seeing Lyja again.

Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    I won't be surprised if Slott goes back to this scene in FF #376 (after defeating the Watcher-powered Doom and before Johnny's trial) and expands it. We never got to see in detail how Alicia reacted to Ben introducing Lyja to her. But I skipped several issues after this arc so it may have been revealed in those issues.

Not according to Peter David in She-Hulk: Cosmic Collision, where the Collector gathers up several superheroines (so he regards Lyja as a superheroine) and Sue is all smiles and relieved at seeing Lyja again.

I meant to write "she" as in Alicia. Alicia never forgave her and has every right not to. So I don't have a single issue with her manipulating Lyja to leave.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    I have a hard time accepting anyone not seeing this as Alicia going down a dark road.
    Not to be contrary, but these days, I often feel these plots are switch and bait.

Alicia may not be 'the Skrull child' doing this, but I'm feeling there could be some twist.

Too many things coincide.

I doubt this is just a cool way to send Lyja away. Sure she will be back and this plot is just starting.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Quote Originally Posted by cmore View Post
    I supposed it's possible for it to have been the Nicki, but since Ben had just put the kids to bed, she would have had to get out of bed and somehow beat Ben to Alicia's studio.

How is this supposed to work anyway? The puppet master's control weakens the further away he is to his victim. I remember an old story where he was trying to get Ben and Johnny to kill each other and had to follow them around NYC to maintain his control. I would think Alicia's control would fade away long before Lyja reached the Skrulls.
    Sort of the reason why I think something else is going on.
    Alicia has been touched by many things, including a portion of the Power Cosmic, from her time spent with Silver Surfer. So it could even be that her will is more powerful than her father's.

But I'm suggesting that an alien mind could do to another alien mind, what a human may not be able to.

Another stray thought. Skrulls can perfectly imitate anything, as the child revealed to Alicia.

So maybe that is not really the child even, but some other enemy Skrull.

Yikes, Invasion part 2
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post

That’s funny because I’m precisely here because of FF #32 and I wanted to know what you all thought of this last issue.

I’ve spent the whole day wondering if it was a good comic book or a weird fanfic where the writer chose to show his fantasm.

I like Slott’s books as much as the next guy, more or less, but the way he writes women is really weird. At best.

Thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Yeah, she's starting to worry me. Is she turning into her Dad? I don't mind if she shows some spunkiness, like Audrey Hepburn in "Wait Until Dark" (that's an oldie, kiddies)

I really thought it was weird for Zora to allow Johnny in her bed. How about Johnny hiding under the bed when Doom showed up? That's a bit cowardly but then I don't think he can take Doom one on one and he knows it.
    I thought Johnny can’t have sex with women because he flames on at the appropriate moment. So I don’t get how Victorious and Johnny are naked in bed without having sex.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    I do accept that, after Johnny (or maybe even more so), Alicia would bear the biggest animosity towards Lyja for taking her life away from her, so in her own mind a little bit of mental manipulation is justified. Still, it makes me very uncomfortable that she is seemingly going down a dark path. Probably Slott wants to avoid Alicia being too perfect and added this to show us her dark side.
    Ben has a real challenge in his life now that Alicia is the Puppet Masters niece? Questions how did Alicia get these powers? She found out years ago but never acted on it?

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, Alicia could call herself Puppet Mistress if she wanted to... the only issue is her blindness, doesn't she need to feel someone to know what they look like? That must make it hard for her to get an exact likeness. So she can make perfect sculptures of her friends and family all day long, but the same can't be said for the villains. And she can't control them if it's not a perfect likeness.
    Good point. How did Alicia make so many statues of Doom if she never touched him?

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    Ben has a real challenge in his life now that Alicia is the Puppet Masters niece? Questions how did Alicia get these powers? She found out years ago but never acted on it?
    Puppet Master's stepdaughter. I guess from how the FF relayed to her the details (as much as they are comfortable to share with her) of his mind control she learned the basics. Sculpting was easy; exerting mind control was the hard part. Maybe she intuited it, or practiced it off-panel before attempting it on her step-father.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES