Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 109
  1. #91
    Astonishing Member Oberon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,711

    Default

    In my own mind, it would be mostly the other way around, with a bit of crossover between certain characters.

    although they've always been considered explorers, I rather like some of the stories where they fight the evil FF or various other villains as well as some space opera.

    Some of the stories were both, like right after # 200, when they began an Andromeda-Skrull war with a number of other cast members and the aging ray on 3 of the FF was slowly ticking their lives away.

    But I think you mention key characters who should be involved and this would help the overall viability of the comic (Foundation) but also provide character arcs.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

  2. #92
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    753

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cmore View Post
    Oh, there are times I've enjoyed Slott's work, but this isn't one of them. Franklin's miserable. Valeria doesn't want to have 'feelings' anymore. Johnny's relationships are a mess. Sue has suddenly turned into a creepy stalker, and Alicia may be the new puppet master. Ben and Reed are the only members of the family who don't need therapy. I don't mind characters having conflicts and emotional problems, but let's dial it back a bit.
    Well we know in the future Reed does something that makes Ben kill him.Also reed has a i am going to prepare for everything to never let my family get hurt moment so I won't count on it to last

  3. #93

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Yes, I'd say he was a crank on those soulmate rehash.

    But soap type plots have always been around. Always.

    I don't mind the characters who hand around, come back, are the extended family etc.

    It just seems the cast and arcs are big enough for 2 books.
    Slott's plans on Spider-Man were extremely long term. Given that FF seems to be a book Marvel would stick with, I think Slott's also thinking long term here as well. I'm betting the threads are being laid for something in FF 700. And although I may not like all of the plans, I do kinda respect the long term planning I think is happening here.
    Why yes, I do enjoy hearing myself talk. it is very kind of you to notice>

  4. #94
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    753

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    In my own mind, it would be mostly the other way around, with a bit of crossover between certain characters.

    although they've always been considered explorers, I rather like some of the stories where they fight the evil FF or various other villains as well as some space opera.

    Some of the stories were both, like right after # 200, when they began an Andromeda-Skrull war with a number of other cast members and the aging ray on 3 of the FF was slowly ticking their lives away.

    But I think you mention key characters who should be involved and this would help the overall viability of the comic (Foundation) but also provide character arcs.
    I actually wrote the opposite but characters like Spider-man and She-hulk would almost always be involved in other earth bound stories.
    Also the kids in the foundation will benefit from making Earth friends.A familiar setting will better help define the cast.

  5. #95

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Well we know in the future Reed does something that makes Ben kill him.Also reed has a i am going to prepare for everything to never let my family get hurt moment so I won't count on it to last
    Ben's anger seems to be extremely powerful given the ups and downs the two have had over the years. Alicia and the kids seem to me to be the point of contention and the only parts of Ben's life that could cause that anger.
    Why yes, I do enjoy hearing myself talk. it is very kind of you to notice>

  6. #96
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    753

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Slott's plans on Spider-Man were extremely long term. Given that FF seems to be a book Marvel would stick with, I think Slott's also thinking long term here as well. I'm betting the threads are being laid for something in FF 700. And although I may not like all of the plans, I do kinda respect the long term planning I think is happening here.
    Well the long term plans were terrible with Spidey.Slott openly admits to torturing peter as much as he could.The problem is his fans and the higher ups have coddeled him so much that he does and says whatever he wants.If he has even a remotely same approach the FF are toast.

  7. #97
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    753

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Ben's anger seems to be extremely powerful given the ups and downs the two have had over the years. Alicia and the kids seem to me to be the point of contention and the only parts of Ben's life that could cause that anger.
    That could be part of it yes

  8. #98
    Keeper of the Torch Ravin' Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live
    Posts
    7,064

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    So I don't have a single issue with her manipulating Lyja to leave.
    I do and it is disturbing if we take things at face value. Here was a woman whose privacy, free will, and very life were violated for over a year, and now she is violating another person's free will. The Alicia whom the Silver Surfer admired and even fell in love with would never do that willingly.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

  9. #99
    Astonishing Member Oberon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,711

    Default

    Why I think some switch and bait will show eventually.

    But as mentioned, I like the idea of long range planning, it builds a consistency for some readers.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

  10. #100
    Mighty Member ARkadelphia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    1,209

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Why I think some switch and bait will show eventually.

    But as mentioned, I like the idea of long range planning, it builds a consistency for some readers.
    This guy gets it
    ďThe Scarlet Witch is the only thing that will scare them. Itís the only thing theyíll respect.Ē - Hope Summers, Avengers vs X-Men #7

  11. #101

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    I do and it is disturbing if we take things at face value. Here was a woman whose privacy, free will, and very life were violated for over a year, and now she is violating another person's free will. The Alicia whom the Silver Surfer admired and even fell in love with would never do that willingly.
    Alicia is easily the purest soul of the main cast. And while "circumventing free will" was definitely violated in her actions, one could claim that her husband asking Lyja to leave the family alone to also be that. Yes, it's a stretch, but this isn't meant to be an admirable action (her second such), but understandable. Would your acceptance of your behavior change if your kids' lives were at stake? Very few would say "no".
    Why yes, I do enjoy hearing myself talk. it is very kind of you to notice>

  12. #102
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    218

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    https://twitter.com/DanSlott/status/1392695057560612865

    Dan Slott on relationships: a thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by cmore View Post
    Yep, that's just what us readers want ... toxic relationships and character assassinations. JK
    That's funny, Slott blocked me on Twitter after I called out his hypocrisy. He spent several days complaining about Spider-man fat shaming people in older comics, yet he thought it was perfectly fine to publicly mock the family issues of someone who didn't share his politics.

    I haven't read a thing he's he's posted in 2 years and I'm probably better off for it.|
    I did have hopes for his run on Fantastic Four, but he squandered that a long time ago.

    The fact that he got to do Iron Man:2020 and now gets to write the 60th anniversary of the Fantastic Four is practically criminal.

  13. #103
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Latverian Embassy
    Posts
    17,034

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BAS View Post
    That's funny, Slott blocked me on Twitter after I called out his hypocrisy. He spent several days complaining about Spider-man fat shaming people in older comics, yet he thought it was perfectly fine to publicly mock the family issues of someone who didn't share his politics.

    I haven't read a thing he's he's posted in 2 years and I'm probably better off for it.|
    I did have hopes for his run on Fantastic Four, but he squandered that a long time ago.

    The fact that he got to do Iron Man:2020 and now gets to write the 60th anniversary of the Fantastic Four is practically criminal.
    I have to agree there. There's a rather old-fashioned concept of worthiness that is I use from time to time and IMO Slott falls short of that so far in this "event". Will things improve? I have my doubts there and the silly rom com antics with Johnny would have been best left out.

  14. #104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Ham View Post
    Thatís funny because Iím precisely here because of FF #32 and I wanted to know what you all thought of this last issue.

    Iíve spent the whole day wondering if it was a good comic book or a weird fanfic where the writer chose to show his fantasm.

    I like Slottís books as much as the next guy, more or less, but the way he writes women is really weird. At best.

    Thanks for sharing.
    Man, I really hate Silk. Terrible character. The way Slott wrote poor Black Cat as well as the Queenpin.

  15. #105
    Extraordinary Member jackolover's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    9,971

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Oh but she has....she did touch him while doing a sculpture back in FF #197 and 199.


    issue #197





    issue #199

    Thanks for the pics.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •