Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Each X-Writer's Signature Creation

In the last month I've read several X-Men runs, and almost every writer has introduced a new face to the franchise. This thread is for the discussion and - dare I say it... Appreciation - of these characters that embody their creator's contributions.

Lobdell....ooo...that's a hard one. It'll have to be member of GenX, but which one - they are all awesome.

Chamber? Monet? Angelo? Penance? Synch? Or maybe even Emplate....I can't decide...

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Lobdell's is clearly Monet or Marrow.

BANNED

Claremont: far too many to choose one, and I've only really ever read three if his mutant characters.
    Lobdell: I only read a couple issues of AoA so I don't know. Of Beezzi's list I'd say Chamber.
    Austin: Another you'd have to help me with, as the only thing I'd ever heard about him is "run."
    Morrison: Fantomex a character so awesomely shallow he loops back around to be complex.
    Whedon: Armor of course. Though I think the crowning achievement of Astonishing was the characterization of Kitty and Emma.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ImprobableQuestion View Post
    Claremont: far too many to choose one, and I've only really ever read three if his mutant characters.
    Lobdell: I only read a couple issues of AoA so I don't know. Of Beezzi's list I'd say Chamber.
    Austin: Another you'd have to help me with, as the only thing I'd ever heard about him is "run."
    Morrison: Fantomex a character so awesomely shallow he loops back around to be complex.
    Whedon: Armor of course. Though I think the crowning achievement of Astonishing was the characterization of Kitty and Emma.
    Christ Claremont created very few or no characters himself. He only wrote characters created by other creators. Kitty Pryde, Emma Frost, Storm, Nightcrawler, Colossus, Wolverine, and Rogue were all created by other writers and artists. Claremont only wrote them,

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by fod_xp View Post
    Christ Claremont created very few or no characters himself. He only wrote characters created by other creators. Kitty Pryde, Emma Frost, Storm, Nightcrawler, Colossus, Wolverine, and Rogue were all created by other writers and artists. Claremont only wrote them,
    Really? I thought for sure Kitty was his creation. That makes it easier then.

Stan Lee is another hard one, considering he made Magneto and Prof. X, plus Cyclops and Jean (he and of course his artist. Was that still Kirby?)

Austen - Azazel

Didn't CC co-create Rogue with Micheal Golden?

BANNED

Is this for writers who worked on Uncanny only, or the X-Men franchise as a whole?

I'm pretty sure Kitty Pryde was Claremont's. She was introduced well into his first run.
    Beverly Allen, the Bee--with honey and stinger.

"If humans have souls, then clones will have them, too."--Arthur Caplan

Kitty Pride and Emma Frost were created by Claremont and John Byrne. Rogue was created by Claremont and Michael Golden.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Anodyne View Post
    I'm pretty sure Kitty Pryde was Claremont's. She was introduced well into his first run.
    He gets credited for creating her, but Kitty Pryde is the creation of John Byrne. Claremont only wrote her.

Quote Originally Posted by jen View Post
    Didn't CC co-create Rogue with Micheal Golden?
    Yes, in Avengers Annual #10. But from what I understand, Mr.Claremont may have had plans to introduce Rogue perhaps 2 years earlier in his Ms.Marvel book, but it got canceled before he could do so.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    Yes, in Avengers Annual #10. But from what I understand, Mr.Claremont may have had plans to introduce Rogue perhaps 2 years earlier in his Ms.Marvel book, but it got canceled before he could do so.
    It is my understanding that Byrne was the creator type and Claremont was the script writer, as Claremont was never really able to create a single character he could name his own. I've noticed that every single character he is credited with is coupled with another creator. It's like the Batman scenario; Bob Kane created the meat and bones of the character, but another person was the one to suggest using the bat costume with bat themed cowl and cape.

Claremont, himself, seems very dependent on other to create characters for him to insert into his stories. I have yet to see him create a character of his own for the X-Men or more importantly, an original character he owns the rights to, along with any body of creator owned works.

Larry Hama....Elwood.

Sorry Larry, I still haven't forgotten - let's give it another 20 years and see if I feel better then.