Default What Problem will the Future Zora von Doom Become?

Why problem? Victorious as she’s been known is a pretty voracious Latverian citizen, and if Victor allows her anything like the freedom of operation that he has so far, she is likely to be given more involvement in Dooms affairs which could reach into Victors machines, time travel, and security systems. Victorious could become an envoy as powerful as Doom himself, if Victor would let her.

I see something with Doom since Secret Wars 2015 that looks like liberalism, instead of dictatorship. It’s curious, and this foray out into space with the Guardians of the Galaxy being something of this quality in Doom. So, when Victor basically orders a subordinate, Victorious, to marry him so she can look after his affairs while he is away, what is Victorious going to do? Does she notice that Doom is not this vicious monster she was used too, or, does she see weakness that she can gain from?

Zora von Doom is a curious character now after she killed her mother on Dooms orders, and supposedly slept with Johnny Storm (perhaps checking she is sexually experienced?). Zora von Doom then becomes this de facto Doom, that may be a secret demagogue, or, she is someone of a similar nature to the liberal Doom, who is in sync with the current version Doom has become? We can’t discount Doom just wants to compete with Richards having a wife, so Victor has to have one, too.

How dangerous is Zora in this predicament? Is she going to be just a dutiful wife, or are we going to see someone who has to reflect Victor von Doom?
    Last edited by jackolover; 05-17-2021 at 05:55 AM.

Isn't it possible that last moment, the marriage won't happen?

So cliche, but that is what happens with soap opera type plots and the FF always has those, super hero style.

Other things: More concerning, what if Zora conceives Johnny's child?

There are moving parts here, but to answer your question,
    Zora is probably going to be a big problem. If.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

BANNED

That's a problem for writers coming after Slott to tackle with.

As it is, Zora is a better-written, more compelling, and interesting character when Cantwell wrote her.

It would really be great if Zora became an Instagram/Tik-Tok influencer in Doom's absence. Just imagine the lifestyle hacks she would be offering... hee-hee...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Isn't it possible that last moment, the marriage won't happen?

So cliche, but that is what happens with soap opera type plots and the FF always has those, super hero style.

Other things: More concerning, what if Zora conceives Johnny's child?

There are moving parts here, but to answer your question,
    Zora is probably going to be a big problem. If.
    That would be just so annoying to me...really low hanging fruit for soap opera melodrama.

As far as Zora...I see her as Victor's loyal right hand....I think in his absence she will rule just like him and not try anything that Victor himself would not do.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

She possibly has enough experience watching Doom up close in the short time she's been powered up to be his herald. But she still will have a bumpy road I think. I want to see Kristoff, who is probably jealous of her, give her a few problems. Heck, isn't he old enough to have an affair with her too? He sure looked like it the last time we saw him. But I don't want to give Slott any more bright ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    That would be just so annoying to me...really low hanging fruit for soap opera melodrama.

As far as Zora...I see her as Victor's loyal right hand....I think in his absence she will rule just like him and not try anything that Victor himself would not do.
    I don’t see Zora being that obedient to Doom, especially when she internalises she has the power of Dooms consort, and imagining, what would Dooms consort do with this much power?

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    She possibly has enough experience watching Doom up close in the short time she's been powered up to be his herald. But she still will have a bumpy road I think. I want to see Kristoff, who is probably jealous of her, give her a few problems. Heck, isn't he old enough to have an affair with her too? He sure looked like it the last time we saw him. But I don't want to give Slott any more bright ideas.
    Reading between the lines here on your answer regarding Zora will have a bumpy road? My feeling on this is Doom could take two tacks here,
    1. doom could continue treating her like a subservient and put her under his thumb.

2. Dooms seemingly more liberal and “compassionate” attitude may mean Victor is more open to Zora being given more freedom, and now I am comparing what Doom allowed of the Baroness Susan von Doom on Battleworld in Secret Wars. This is my yardstick for any consort of Doom.

Does Zora know what happened to Valeria? Just saying....

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Does Zora know what happened to Valeria? Just saying....
    If you mean Valeria, Dooms first girlfriend, how Doom sacrificed her for more power, I don’t know if anybody knows about that, because it was done in private, with no witnesses, and I think Victor would be too embarrassed to let anybody know.