Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Scarlet looks good, but visually I think I prefer Sienna Miller's Baroness.

I want to see the actual Snake Eyes suit.

Is this part of the same movie universe as the last 2?

Mighty Member

I'm not as worried about how they look. I'm more worried about how well they will ACT.

I hope this is a pure reboot.

Ray Park as Snake Eyes was one of the only really good things about the earlier G.I. Joe films.

I'm kinda surprised at the choice of Henry Goulding... but, hey, he was pretty good in "Crazy Rich Asians". I think he's got some serious star potential. since he's gonna be Snake Eyes it's not even a huge deal if he doesn't have the martial arts moves down completely.

however... that writer's track record isn't exactly impressing me!

Quote Originally Posted by Totoro Man View Post
    I'm not as worried about how they look. I'm more worried about how well they will ACT.

I hope this is a pure reboot.

Ray Park as Snake Eyes was one of the only really good things about the earlier G.I. Joe films.

I'm kinda surprised at the choice of Henry Goulding... but, hey, he was pretty good in "Crazy Rich Asians". I think he's got some serious star potential. since he's gonna be Snake Eyes it's not even a huge deal if he doesn't have the martial arts moves down completely.

however... that writer's track record isn't exactly impressing me!
    I feel like Henry Golding is kind of a double-edged sword since he's very talented but maybe too talented for them to let him play Snake Eyes traditionally.

Whoah! This looks cool. When i looked up Scarlet the costume gave me Squirrel Girl vibes.

Which isn't bad for comics or animation. But for the big screen? It needed work. Definitely, an improvement.

Tbh i had no interest in GI Joe or anything related to it. I haven't watched any cartoons or movies. I haven't read a single comic. I was aware that it existed. But Samara Weaving is one actor who would attract my attention in anything she's in. She takes up any movie by a notch or two just by her presence. This is her first action/comic book movie. Kinda wish she continued in horror/comedy which seems to be her forte. But yeah i am waiting for the trailer. Post Covid this was pushed back to next year. Then they brought it forward to this summer.

Henry Goulding seems to be a likeable actor as well. Let's see.
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 05-13-2021 at 11:14 PM.

Mighty Member

Astonishing Member

Tbh i had no interest in GI Joe or anything related to it. I haven't watched any cartoons or movies. I haven't read a single comic. I was aware that it existed. But Samara Weaving is one actor who would attract my attention in anything she's in. She takes up any movie by a notch or two just by her presence. This is her first action/comic book movie. Kinda wish she continued in horror/comedy which seems to be her forte. But yeah i am waiting for the trailer. Post Covid this was pushed back to next year. Then they brought it forward to this summer.
    I've only seen her in "Ready Or Not" and I can definitely think she's cut out for action based on that movie. I didn't know Hugo Weaving was her uncle!

In any case, Scarlett is a bad ass and is a good character to play. She's arguably the female lead of the GI Joe franchise.

Yeah you pretty much can't cast Henry Golding as Snake Eyes and then mask him up for most of the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Beantownbrown View Post
    Suit looks good .

BANNED

Is this movie a prequel to the other two GI Joe movies?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    Is this movie a prequel to the other two GI Joe movies?
    Last I heard a "soft reboot". They're mostly looking forward to building towards a new GI Joe Movie, as well as new streamer series.

But if they could get Rock, Channing Tatum, etc. to reprise their roles, then they were going to make it work.

I guess a big tell would be whether they try to get Adrianne Palecki to reprise Lady Jaye in the upcoming Amazon TV series.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Scarlet looks good, but visually I think I prefer Sienna Miller's Baroness.

I want to see the actual Snake Eyes suit.
    Is it really that hard to get a purple-ish and orange-ish tactical outfit for Scarlet?? .... Okay, yeah - that'd be ridiculous. But one civilian outfit that resembles her comic book uniform would be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Is it really that hard to get a purple-ish and orange-ish tactical outfit for Scarlet?? .... Okay, yeah - that'd be ridiculous. But one civilian outfit that resembles her comic book uniform would be awesome.
    I at least hope we get more color than the last movie Joes.

Incredible Member

I was hoping he was gonna have the mask with the goggles since this is an origins movie and then eventually switch to the visor in a future movie.

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    Yeah you pretty much can't cast Henry Golding as Snake Eyes and then mask him up for most of the movie.
    I hope they mask him up though for the sequels. I mean I'm not as big a GI Joe fan, missed the golden age of the cartoon, but that seems like Snake Eyes thing.