Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I hope they mask him up though for the sequels. I mean I'm not as big a GI Joe fan, missed the golden age of the cartoon, but that seems like Snake Eyes thing.
    I'm really curious to see how they handle such a public actor playing a character known for being mute and wearing a mask 100% of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm really curious to see how they handle such a public actor playing a character known for being mute and wearing a mask 100% of the time.
    Well, that's why they chose to do an origin picture here - because he can still talk in character and show his face. So yeah, the sequels, if there are any, are going to be interesting. I'd hope they explained that aspect ahead of time and he agreed to it, but who knows? It might be like Stallone not wearing the helmet in Judge Dredd.

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    I've only seen her in "Ready Or Not" and I can definitely think she's cut out for action based on that movie. I didn't know Hugo Weaving was her uncle!

In any case, Scarlett is a bad ass and is a good character to play. She's arguably the female lead of the GI Joe franchise.

Yeah you pretty much can't cast Henry Golding as Snake Eyes and then mask him up for most of the movie.
    What's the character of Scarlet like? Serious, no-nonsense? Funny one liners? I have no idea what to expect. I have a feeling she wouldn't get to do much. Many action films are devoid of much personality.

Quote Originally Posted by Soubhagya View Post
    What's the character of Scarlet like? Serious, no-nonsense? Funny one liners? I have no idea what to expect. I have a feeling she wouldn't get to do much. Many action films are devoid of much personality.
    It...depends. She can be pretty serious, but she has some levity to her.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Well, that's why they chose to do an origin picture here - because he can still talk in character and show his face. So yeah, the sequels, if there are any, are going to be interesting. I'd hope they explained that aspect ahead of time and he agreed to it, but who knows? It might be like Stallone not wearing the helmet in Judge Dredd.
    What is his origin never read the comics or watched much of the cartoon? Saw the last two movies and didn't hate them. Those were way differently clearly. He was a white kid who took a vow of silence after his bestfriend was framed for killing his Master. Curious what the real origin is. Also golding can play him here and they can't let a stunt actor do the role Going forward if they really keep him mute and helmeted. Supporting cast better be stellar then though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Well, seems like your typical blockbuster franchise origin movie with action and rolling cars...I feel like I've heard that song recently in another trailer.

I'm not really digging the Baroness' look here. I wonder if Cobra is already a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    What is his origin never read the comics or watched much of the cartoon? Saw the last two movies and didn't hate them. Those were way differently clearly. He was a white kid who took a vow of silence after his bestfriend was framed for killing his Master. Curious what the real origin is. Also golding can play him here and they can't let a stunt actor do the role Going forward if they really keep him mute and helmeted. Supporting cast better be stellar then though.
    I'm not a GI Joe expert, so my take on his origins is same as yours - informed by the movies. I just know I heard or saw something recently that said they were starting with the origin to get around the non-talking bit...was that a link in this thread or something? Trying to remember if it was a video or an article...

Well, seems like your typical blockbuster franchise origin movie with action and rolling cars...I feel like I've heard that song recently in another trailer.

I'm not really digging the Baroness' look here. I wonder if Cobra is already a thing.
    Agreed, there's nothing here to set it apart or stand above your average summer action flick. I mean, it doesn't look bad - but it also doesn't look great. Maybe 20 years ago that would have been an impressive scene (the opening car chase/fight), something not easily replicable in the 90's action movies. But now it's similar to a lot of scenes we've seen before, and not done particularly well at that.
    Should have focused more on the ninja type action. We got some flashes of sword fight scenes, but nothing beyond that.

Agreed, there's nothing here to set it apart or stand above your average summer action flick. I mean, it doesn't look bad - but it also doesn't look great. Maybe 20 years ago that would have been an impressive scene (the opening car chase/fight), something not easily replicable in the 90's action movies. But now it's similar to a lot of scenes we've seen before, and not done particularly well at that.
    Should have focused more on the ninja type action. We got some flashes of sword fight scenes, but nothing beyond that.
    Yea id say most the set pieces from GI Joe retaliation stand out more then this trailer. I remember some cool stuff with Shadow Storm and Snake eyes and Jynx fighting Cobra on the side of a mountain. Though my biggest take away from that film was how big Ray Stevenson really is. Knew he was big but he looked bigger then The Rock during they're fight scene. Like noticeably bigger

After watching the trailer I don't see Snake-Eyes the Origin. Instead I see The Ninja by by Eric Van Lustbader

Quote Originally Posted by Soubhagya View Post
    This wiki-website might be of help: https://gijoe.fandom.com/wiki/Scarlett_(RAH)

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    IIRC, in the comics, Snake-Eyes (a blonde white guy) served with Storm Shadow in Viet Nam and saved his life.(they were both like 18) The movie took a bunch from the comics in that when Snake-Eyes goes to train with Storm Shadow (after the war, not as kids though), their master is murdered and Storm Shadow is seen fleeing, so they think he did it, but it turns out later that it was Zartan. (long story) He doesn't take a vow of silence though. He later meets Scarlett when they join the Joes and when they're in a helicopter accident, Snake-Eyes carries her out of the wreckage, but his throat and face are severely damaged, and that's why he can't talk, and why he covers his face. But that's old history anyway since that Snake-Eyes is dead in the comics.(as far as I know)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaled View Post
    After watching the trailer I don't see Snake-Eyes the Origin. Instead I see The Ninja by by Eric Van Lustbader
    Ah, the 80's ninja heyday...

It...depends. She can be pretty serious, but she has some levity to her.
    Thanks. On paper it seems like a good match. My favorite Samara Weaving performances seem like that. Badass characters but she often brings a sense of humor, which i think is underrated. With good writing this might be a memorable role.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    This wiki-website might be of help: https://gijoe.fandom.com/wiki/Scarlett_(RAH)

Thanks. Why didn't i think of checking the wiki? �� It seems like she has a connection with Snake Eyes. So, its not like she's there just for the GI Joe connection.