Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011
    Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

It was the worst of the GI Joe Movies but damn that Baroness Actress was fine

GI Joe has the potential to be a juggernaut franchise, you just need to give the Russo Brothers a blank check for it to happen.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post

GI Joe has the potential to be a juggernaut franchise, you just need to give the Russo Brothers a blank check for it to happen.
    To be fair, GI Joe can be hard to get behind. I don't see parents taking their kids to see a movie if the action is like what was in Extraction 2 (and I liked that movie).

I'd watch it again.
    it was longer than it needed to be, though.
    We'll see how it goes as far as a new group franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    I thought it was pretty good myself but then again I don't know much about gi jo.
    Yeah, never got into the franchise much (although I've been tempted to get that RPG book they did on it; it's compatible with a Power Rangers and Transformers RPG the company also publishes and could see having a three-way crossover campaign could be be fun; Sector 7 could be a division of G.I. Joe or something). Also found the movie fun for what it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    Did seem like there was more backstory to her than told; was really curious about the clues that she and Scarlet knew each other before they joined opposite sides on the Joe/Cobra war.

Was also curious to see where the new character, Akiko, would go onto; the irony of her ending up as Snake Eyes' friend in the clan and Storm Shadow being hostile to him (to put it mildly) when it started in reverse was interesting and could've seen more story fodder with that going forward (esp. since her also knowing Storm Shadow before his fall to the dark side could be interesting character work for her and add more plot points to the quest to bring him back to the fold. (Also, was I the only one wondering if Akiko was intended to be a love interest at one point in production or something?)
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

I wonder if they'd bring back Henry Golding or just do a straightforward Snake Eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Yeah, never got into the franchise much (although I've been tempted to get that RPG book they did on it; it's compatible with a Power Rangers and Transformers RPG the company also publishes and could see having a three-way crossover campaign could be be fun; Sector 7 could be a division of G.I. Joe or something). Also found the movie fun for what it was.

Did seem like there was more backstory to her than told; was really curious about the clues that she and Scarlet knew each other before they joined opposite sides on the Joe/Cobra war.

Was also curious to see where the new character, Akiko, would go onto; the irony of her ending up as Snake Eyes' friend in the clan and Storm Shadow being hostile to him (to put it mildly) when it started in reverse was interesting and could've seen more story fodder with that going forward (esp. since her also knowing Storm Shadow before his fall to the dark side could be interesting character work for her and add more plot points to the quest to bring him back to the fold. (Also, was I the only one wondering if Akiko was intended to be a love interest at one point in production or something?)
    Same here. I also enjoyed it for what it was.
    As for any speculation about the two of them getting together,
    that was my impression around the time she confronted him at the temple during the theft of the jewel...

Last edited by K7P5V; 07-03-2023 at 01:48 AM. Reason: Corrected Grammatical Errors.

Quote Originally Posted by Zauriel View Post
    Snake Eyes still hasn't put on the iconic mask with visor throughout the film. I don't mind Snake Eyes talking but It woulda also been fine if he lost his voice in the end of the movie. Did he lost his voice at the end of the film or not? As I said, I didn't finish watching it.
    He gets his helmet at the end, but he doesn't lose his voice or get disfigured. I was really expecting his injuries to happen past the midway point, then he'd have to build himself back up as the silent ninja/commando we know and love by the climactic final battle, but no.

The ninja background made S-E interesting because he was a soldier and commando surrounded by other soldiers. It made him different. Throwing him completely into the ninja world amongst other ninjas kinda dilutes that. And in every live action version they end up making Storm Shadow more interesting, which should be a sign that there's a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Same here. I also enjoyed it for what it was.
    Wonder if a sequel could've worked some of the kinks out; thought it was a decent cast who could've carried more movies (unless Hasbro has plans to do something down the road...).

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    As for any speculation about the two getting together, that was my impression after she had confronted him at the temple during the theft of the jewel...
    Haven't seen any of the cast or crew come out and say that there was a planned love story that got edited down or was mostly written out or anything, so that might suggest we're just reading too much into it. But yeah, agree, if they weren't trying to write her with a love interest angle, they sure did a good job accidentally setting one up pretty well. Could've made for a decent subplot in a sequel, if nothing else.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    He gets his helmet at the end, but he doesn't lose his voice or get disfigured. I was really expecting his injuries to happen past the midway point, then he'd have to build himself back up as the silent ninja/commando we know and love by the climactic final battle, but no.

The ninja background made S-E interesting because he was a soldier and commando surrounded by other soldiers. It made him different. Throwing him completely into the ninja world amongst other ninjas kinda dilutes that. And in every live action version they end up making Storm Shadow more interesting, which should be a sign that there's a problem.
    I also remember he was kind of a dick.

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    It's also compatible with My Little Pony. There's also a Cobra book and a book about crossing over GI Joe, PR, and Transformers that are only available in PDF form at the moment (physical books releasing later this year).

The same company makes a GI Joe Deck Building Game that is my absolute favorite board game at the moment, aside from the license.

I've been told they were supposed to be best friends.