Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    Snake Eyes Continues G.I. Joe's Movie Mistake: It Should've Been A TV Show
    Snake Eyes proves again that G.I. Joe movies don't work. G.I. Joe would be better as a streaming show that could do justice to the Joes vs. Cobra.
    Warning: SPOILERS for Snake Eyes: G.I. Joe Origins.
    https://screenrant.com/snake-eyes-gi...ovies-mistake/

Lorenzo di Bonaventura Talks About The Future Of The G.I. Joe Live Action Movie Franchise
    https://news.hisstank.com/2021/07/27...ranchise-75085

The Future of GI Joe Classified
    https://thefwoosh.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=94374
    Disagree, you can definitely make great GI Joe movies, and a series wouldn't inherently be better. The only mistake is in the writing and direction.

I say embrace the wackiness instead of trying to ground it in reality. Weather machine, Cold Slither, Tomax and Xamot, Zartan turning blue in direct sunlight, all of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    I say embrace the wackiness instead of trying to ground it in reality. Weather machine, Cold Slither, Tomax and Xamot, Zartan turning blue in direct sunlight, all of it.
    I think Retaliation found a decent balance between the two even if it was less goofy than the first film. Like we got 95% of G.I. Joe killed but we've got Zartan pretending to be the President, Cobra Commander actually looking like Cobra Commander, Firefly in his suit, ninja's, and a death weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think Retaliation found a decent balance between the two even if it was less goofy than the first film. Like we got 95% of G.I. Joe killed but we've got Zartan pretending to be the President, Cobra Commander actually looking like Cobra Commander, Firefly in his suit, ninja's, and a death weapon.
    I'm saying screw a balance, embrace all the wackiness. Try it ONCE since apparently everything else they're trying isn't working. The only line should be the supernatural and aliens.

And that's what I liked about Snake Eyes. It didn't need to be overly serious when it could have giant snakes and a rock that kills people.

Extraordinary Member

I'm saying screw a balance, embrace all the wackiness. Try it ONCE since apparently everything else they're trying isn't working. The only line should be the supernatural and aliens.
    Let's not forget in the marvel g. i joe comics aliens were in that book,the transformers.
    You could even get the tank verison of the megatron toy from the later marvel g i. joe story line.

MEGATRON (v1)

https://www.yojoe.com/action/17/megatron.shtml

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    Let's not forget in the marvel g. i joe comics aliens were in that book,the transformers.
    You could even get the tank verison of the megatron toy from the later marvel g i. joe story line.

MEGATRON (v1)

https://www.yojoe.com/action/17/megatron.shtml
    I meant like little green men lol but I get your point.

Wasn't the original idea to crossover Bay's Transformers with GI Joe, and the Lennox character was supposed to be the crossover character? I wonder why that didn't happen, unless GI Joe doing "ok" (not a flop, but got a rebootish sequel) is the culprit.

You don't want the Intruders in a movie?

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    You don't want the Intruders in a movie?
    Ok maybe in part 3 of a new trilogy

I meant like little green men lol but I get your point.

Wasn't the original idea to crossover Bay's Transformers with GI Joe, and the Lennox character was supposed to be the crossover character? I wonder why that didn't happen, unless GI Joe doing "ok" (not a flop, but got a rebootish sequel) is the culprit.
    What I wouldn't give to see Optimus Prime and Duke standing next to each other on the USS Flagg...

I remember when the rumor was that it would be with the Bumblebee movie and its continuations, with John Cena being the Nick Fury of the crossovers. My guess was that it was all just rumors that were possibly based on real considerations that never made it past brainstorming. It could still happen in some form, I suppose, but it seems like the cinematic universe craze is dying down.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Extraordinary Member

I don't if there is a transformers or g. i. joe forum here but i just wanted to post this below.

Anybody seen this vid?
    If not check it out.
    It's from a few years ago.
    What Happened To G.I. Joe?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5H9CJ4dP_XA&t=75s

Check this out too.
    G.I. JOE VS TRANSFORMERS
    The below thread is talking about who has the longer lasting staying power or is consistently more in the spotlight,which toys sell the most and which one had the most impact worldwide etc..

G.I. JOE VS TRANSFORMERS
    https://www.tfw2005.com/boards/threa...rmers.1173525/
    Last edited by mace11; 04-09-2022 at 06:20 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Here is someone else talking everything g.i. joe.
    It's recent from a few days ago.
    Let's Look at the "Updated" GIJOE Website...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tenfOBHXzQc
    Last edited by mace11; 04-10-2022 at 12:13 AM.

I watched Snake Eyes film on Netflix yesterday . I didn't finish it though.

Now I know why it bombed at the box office. It was terrible.

I was not exactly impressed by Henry Golding's performance or the film's fight scenes. This kind of Fight choreography is one of the worst I have seen in movies.

The story didn't feel like a GI Joe story but feels more like a yakuza/ninja movie about the protagonist seeking revenge for his parent's murder.

Snake Eyes still hasn't put on the iconic mask with visor throughout the film. I don't mind Snake Eyes talking but It woulda also been fine if he lost his voice in the end of the movie. Did he lost his voice at the end of the film or not? As I said, I didn't finish watching it.

Maybe I will finish watching it later.

Transformers is a successful multi-billion dollar movie franchise, while the GI joe franchise didn't perform very well.

Quote Originally Posted by Zauriel View Post
    I watched Snake Eyes film on Netflix yesterday . I didn't finish it though.

Now I know why it bombed at the box office. It was terrible.

I was not exactly impressed by Henry Golding's performance or the film's fight scenes. This kind of Fight choreography is one of the worst I have seen in movies.

The story didn't feel like a GI Joe story but feels more like a yakuza/ninja movie about the protagonist seeking revenge for his parent's murder.

Snake Eyes still hasn't put on the iconic mask with visor throughout the film. I don't mind Snake Eyes talking but It woulda also been fine if he lost his voice in the end of the movie. Did he lost his voice at the end of the film or not? As I said, I didn't finish watching it.

Maybe I will finish watching it later.

Transformers is a successful multi-billion dollar movie franchise, while the GI joe franchise didn't perform very well.
    I thought it was pretty good myself but then again I don't know much about gi jo.