Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Soubhagya View Post
    Thanks. Why didn't i think of checking the wiki? �� It seems like she has a connection with Snake Eyes. So, its not like she's there just for the GI Joe connection.
    Yeah, those two were the strongest Joe couple for years - even before they were an official couple. I think even in the cartoon (in my foggy memory) she's the one who was shown translating his sign language to the others. "Snakelett" 4eva!

Isn't this role like the biggest waste for an actor, I mean after this movie. You don't talk and never show your face.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Isn't this role like the biggest waste for an actor, I mean after this movie. You don't talk and never show your face.
    They can have a stunt double playing it after the first movie.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Yeah, those two were the strongest Joe couple for years - even before they were an official couple. I think even in the cartoon (in my foggy memory) she's the one who was shown translating his sign language to the others. "Snakelett" 4eva!
    When I started watching the cartoon, I thought Scarlett & Duke were meant to be the "Alpha Couple"

But when I finally got into the comics, I realized that the couple we're supposed to be rooting for was Scarlett & Snake-Eyes

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    When I started watching the cartoon, I thought Scarlett & Duke were meant to be the "Alpha Couple"
    But when I finally got into the comics, I realized that the couple we're supposed to be rooting for was Scarlett & Snake-Eyes
    Yeah, a quiet glance lasts forever on a comic book panel, but it's a time-killer for a cartoon/toy commercial/educational children's program.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Yeah, I'm kind of wondering how they're going to handle it unless they pull a sharp departure from what people expect with the character.

Extraordinary Member

When I was younger, I kind of thought the way to do Snake Eyes’s scars and disfigurement would be to keep them genuinely disfiguring, but limiting them to mostly one side of his face, and intentionally design them to be more pitiable and, I guess, “woobie”-like. I mean, they technically kept Wade Wilson’s disfigurement, but were still confident enough in “Ryan Reynolds Diet Freddy Krueger” to play up the romance in Deadpool.

In theory...Henry Golding could be the type of actor who hears “Do you want to have a lot of quiet, intimate moments with Samara Weaving where you convey complex emotions and thoughts with only one side of your face and body language, with possibly only one or two action scenes where your heavily make-up covered face would be visible?” and goes “Challenge accepted!

I wouldn’t presume to claim that, but it’s a possibility.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Looks better than shang chi to me at least.

Astonishing Member

When the first movie was about to come out, there was a lot of discussion who they would pair Scarlett up with? They ended up making both fan bases mad.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

With the 80's cartoons they made it Scarlett and Duke, but the material pre-cartoon was indeed Scarlett and Snake Eyes. The 5-part The M.A.S.S. Device kick-off clearly shows Scarlett and Duke's feelings for one another; but there's a part in episode two where they reference the Scarlett/Snake Eyes romance where SE stays behind a barrier with a radioactive M.A.S.S. Device part and Scarlett tearfully bids him goodbye (around the 17:23 mark below).

Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    With the 80's cartoons they made it Scarlett and Duke, but the material pre-cartoon was indeed Scarlett and Snake Eyes. The 5-part The M.A.S.S. Device kick-off clearly shows Scarlett and Duke's feelings for one another; but there's a part in episode two where they reference the Scarlett/Snake Eyes romance where SE stays behind a barrier with a radioactive M.A.S.S. Device part and Scarlett tearfully bids him goodbye (around the 17:23 mark below).

Is it possible to root for a couple whom you are gonna see for the first time? Scarlett and Snake Eyes seem uniquely different to me.

I haven't seen anything with Henry Goulding. Strangely enough he seemed likeable in the couple of seconds he had in the trailer of 'Last Christmas'. I haven't bothered watching that as it seems to have a mixed response. But back then i really dug the trailer. He seems to have a likeable charisma. (Though putting him inside a mask for future movies seems kinda strange. Let's see).

As for Samara Weaving, i am not sure if i even have a neutral view anymore. I feel like i am predisposed to like her. Thanks to a couple of roles, she's my favorite actor working today. This isn't the first time she's acted with an Asian lead. Has anyone watched Mayhem? It was a fun little movie.

I am more prepared for disappointment. Looking at the source material and the actors concerned this ought to work. But the director doesn't seem to have a strong track record.

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    When the first movie was about to come out, there was a lot of discussion who they would pair Scarlett up with? They ended up making both fan bases mad.
    Okay this time i looked up at the wiki. Correct me if i am wrong. They basically brought a new character and she was married to him. While having feelings for Duke. And she died?

Without seeing the whole context within the film this seems to be something out of the left field. And enough to make fans mad.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beantownbrown View Post
    So he will wear the mask! With all the other advertising going maskless I was beginning to wonder.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    So he will wear the mask! With all the other advertising going maskless I was beginning to wonder.
    The mask is in the trailer. I think the only question is how long he wears it and how permanent it is.

Looks peak Snake Eyes though .

So gijoe and cobra are ninjas in this universe.