Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Here's another trailer that's alil longer

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    So gijoe and cobra are ninjas in this universe.

I thought this was an origin movie but we're already immediately getting into him already being a ninja and just needing the suit, huh?

The Arashikage being involved with the Joes and Cobra already just sounds like a way to easier facilitate Snake Eyes joining G.I. Joe.

Snake Eyes now has a dead father origin? Did Zartan kill him?

(So we're just going to pretend Snake Eyes doesn't have a real name?)

I wonder why Storm Shadow will betray them for Cobra this time around.

Gotta be honest, the visor just popping up and down so we can see Henry Golding's eyes just seems kind of silly to me.

There was some hesitation the first time I saw the teaser. The action scenes didn't seem that good. Upon watching the new trailer though, I'm digging this. Action scenes look great. There may be some great character moments as well. And I'm very glad to see Henry Golding, Iko Uwais, and Andrew Koji together in a film. Just binged watched Warrior and liked what I saw with Andrew. Heard some interviews he's given concerning the movie and he's mentioned how it's more sensitive to Japanese culture. Weird seeing him without a beard though.

And of course, all of this is wrapped up in the trappings of G.I. Joe. Awesome to see the Arashikage, Cobra, the Baroness, and Scarlett. Got hyped up seeing Snake-Eye's mask by the way. I'm still concerned how fans will receive the film. One of the complaints is that Henry Golding isn't the blonde-haired, blue eyed Snake-Eyes from the comics. To that I say this is an interpretation, another version of the source material. It looks like it has potential.

Looking forward to this film! Think it will be great!
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    There was some hesitation the first time I saw the teaser. The action scenes didn't seem that good. Upon watching the new trailer though, I'm digging this. Action scenes look great. There may be some great character moments as well. And I'm very glad to see Henry Golding, Iko Uwais, and Andrew Koji together in a film. Just binged watched Warrior and liked what I saw with Andrew. Heard some interviews he's given concerning the movie and he's mentioned how it's more sensitive to Japanese culture. Weird seeing him without a beard though.

And of course, all of this is wrapped up in the trappings of G.I. Joe. Awesome to see the Arashikage, Cobra, the Baroness, and Scarlett. Got hyped up seeing Snake-Eye's mask by the way. I'm still concerned how fans will receive the film. One of the complaints is that Henry Golding isn't the blonde-haired, blue eyed Snake-Eyes from the comics. To that I say this is an interpretation, another version of the source material. It looks like it has potential.

Looking forward to this film! Think it will be great!
    It's not that I'm not happy to see that all in there but in the context of the film it just seems to be coming together in a weird way compared to what I'm used to, but I guess that's to serve the restarting of the franchise.

I liked seeing the mask up until I saw the visor was retractable. Kind of kills the mystique.

I forgot this movie was a thing despite my favorite b-movie actress being in it. I'll watch it just for Samara Weaving even though the trailer implies her having only a minuscule role, which would be a shame.

Also seems like Iko Uwais is wasted. This is the kind of movie where acting chops are secondary so you could easily give him a bigger role and display his fighting moves.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's not that I'm not happy to see that all in there but in the context of the film it just seems to be coming together in a weird way compared to what I'm used to, but I guess that's to serve the restarting of the franchise.

I liked seeing the mask up until I saw the visor was retractable. Kind of kills the mystique.
    I think I get you bro. Is there a concern that certain elements are not there? For instance, Snake-Eyes' sister dying because of the car crash caused by Cobra Commander? Or Zartan killing off Hard Master? Like how will all those elements show up in this new universe, if at all? I'm concerned about those too. Those were some good elements.

Still, I like what I'm seeing here. I'm open to how all of these new interpretations will pan out. The roots are still there. Even the tiniest of roots. Watched the trailer again and saw Snake-Eyes with the MAC 10. So, yeah, I look at it that way.
    "I am a man of peace."

I think I get you bro. Is there a concern that certain elements are not there? For instance, Snake-Eyes' sister dying because of the car crash caused by Cobra Commander? Or Zartan killing off Hard Master? Like how will all those elements show up in this new universe, if at all? I'm concerned about those too. Those were some good elements.

Still, I like what I'm seeing here. I'm open to how all of these new interpretations will pan out. The roots are still there. Even the tiniest of roots. Watched the trailer again and saw Snake-Eyes with the MAC 10. So, yeah, I look at it that way.
    It's weird for me that it looks like he's already a trained ninja before he even joins the Arashikage, unless I'm reading the trailer wrong, and the Arashikage are already working with the Joes.

The "dead dad" origin is also kind of random to me, unless they replace Zartan killing Hard Master with Zartan killing his dad.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's weird for me that it looks like he's already a trained ninja before he even joins the Arashikage, unless I'm reading the trailer wrong, and the Arashikage are already working with the Joes.

The "dead dad" origin is also kind of random to me, unless they replace Zartan killing Hard Master with Zartan killing his dad.
    Understood. As for if he's a trained ninja, I'm getting the sense he's a fighter, or at the very least trained in something. My guess is that the film will establish that he's an ex-military guy trying to walk away from some unresolved business stuff. Kind of what we saw in the comics.

Gotta say though, I'm really excited about this film. Been reading articles and watching clips and the film looks promising. Great interview from Golding concerning the film:

https://youtu.be/HH739VynXjA

Nice trailer breakdown featuring Golding:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmCGwPrH6io

An article by Hollywood Reporter discussing how the studio had questions regarding Henry Golding's casting, and not due to his race. Rather, there was hesitation due to being a romantic comedy guy:
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/mo...ng-1234971976/

“This was the studio’s idea. We embraced it immediately but also had questions about it because I think the action audience can be very critical of people coming into it, especially people who’ve been established in a romantic comedy or lighter vein of movies,” di Bonaventura told the magazine.

Di Bonaventura praised Golding as “a rising star” but noted hesitations about whether the actor best known as a romantic heartthrob, thanks to films like Crazy Rich Asians and Last Christmas, could be taken seriously as an action hero.

“He’s a handsome guy, no question, but when you see him in his movies, he’s a big guy, he’s tall, he’s wide, he’s got a real physical presence, which helps a lot. But you never know about that dedication,” di Bonaventura said. “Our conversation was, ‘We have to wipe the audience’s memory clean of the romantic comedy Henry Golding.'”

The Snake Eyes producer goes on to detail how the team approached that for the Monsoon and Gentleman actor within the trailer, noting that they open it “with Henry in a cage fight with a big guy.”

“In that scene, you see he’s got blood on his face, a huge guy waging a real war with him, and you immediately go, ‘Oh, this guy’s got what it takes.'”
    "I am a man of peace."

Since he was never going to be a Viet Nam vet, he was never going to be the Snake-Eyes I knew from the comics, so I'm open to whatever. All adaptations are Elseworlds anyway. I get that they wanted to put him in the mask/helmet, but it doesn't really mean as much if he's not wearing it because he was disfigured. Here it just looks like a fancy motorcycle helmet. In the print ads where he's just holding it, it was like a foreboding sense of his tragic future. Now, not so much. I guess we'll see if they decide to impart some other meaning.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Since he was never going to be a Viet Nam vet, he was never going to be the Snake-Eyes I knew from the comics, so I'm open to whatever. All adaptations are Elseworlds anyway. I get that they wanted to put him in the mask/helmet, but it doesn't really mean as much if he's not wearing it because he was disfigured. Here it just looks like a fancy motorcycle helmet. In the print ads where he's just holding it, it was like a foreboding sense of his tragic future. Now, not so much. I guess we'll see if they decide to impart some other meaning.
    I hate that the visor is retractable just so we can see his eyes more. It should be on there permanently.

So this is a full reboot then?

Is the guy from Warrior suppose to be Shadow Storm?

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    So this is a full reboot then?
    I'm getting the sense, yes. It doesn't seem to have any connection with the previous two films. I think they want to restart the entire G.I. Joe franchise with this film.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Is the guy from Warrior suppose to be Shadow Storm?
    Yep, Storm Shadow is played by Andrew Koji who plays Ah Sahm from Warrior.
    "I am a man of peace."

Nice little interview featuring Andrew Koji, the actor playing Storm Shadow, over at comicbook.com. Discusses his hopes that the film satisfies the fans, the dynamic between Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow, and the fight choreography. Same person who choreographed the live action Rurouni Kenshin films helped with the sword fights. Cool! Check out the full interview here:

https://comicbook.com/movies/news/sn...w-interview/#4
    "I am a man of peace."

Nice little interview featuring Andrew Koji, the actor playing Storm Shadow, over at comicbook.com. Discusses his hopes that the film satisfies the fans, the dynamic between Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow, and the fight choreography. Same person who choreographed the live action Rurouni Kenshin films helped with the sword fights. Cool! Check out the full interview here:

https://comicbook.com/movies/news/sn...w-interview/#4
    Wow, I didn't know they got the choreographer for the Rurouni Kenshin films in this. That's huge .