Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Did they get the actual actors to voice them here? If so, that's perfect .
    For Golding, absolutely. For the others, maybe! Find it pretty funny if they got the actors in for just a brief cameo on a G.I. Joe PSA. Cool to hear Samara Weaving say "And now you know!" And of course loved "And knowing is half the battle!" Maybe could have snuck in a "porkchop sandwiches" in there.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Hi all. Here is the final trailer for the upcoming Snake Eyes movie before it premieres this Friday (7/23) in the U.S. :

Looking good. It seemed as though there will be some moments where scenes can breath and allow good dialogue and drama. There appears to be more scenes where we'll see the iconic mask. At the same time, I'm thinking the trailer spoiled what the ending might be. Trust me, you'll know it when you see it. But, overall I'm excited about the movie. I'm getting that martial arts movie vibe. As an aside, I caught Crazy, Rich Asians yesterday. I'm seeing a performance from Henry Golding here that is quite a turn from that in Crazy, Rich Asians. Less smiling and romantic to more intense and serious.

As a reminder, Comic-Con will begin their online convention with a live, virtual panel this Wednesday (7/21) 4 - 5 PM PST.

Crossing the fingers that this will be great. Yo Joe!
    "I am a man of peace."

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Hi all. Here is the final trailer for the upcoming Snake Eyes movie before it premieres this Friday (7/23) in the U.S. :

Looking good. It seemed as though there will be some moments where scenes can breath and allow good dialogue and drama. There appears to be more scenes where we'll see the iconic mask. At the same time, I'm thinking the trailer spoiled what the ending might be. Trust me, you'll know it when you see it. But, overall I'm excited about the movie. I'm getting that martial arts movie vibe. As an aside, I caught Crazy, Rich Asians yesterday. I'm seeing a performance from Henry Golding here that is quite a turn from that in Crazy, Rich Asians. Less smiling and romantic to more intense and serious.

As a reminder, Comic-Con will begin their online convention with a live, virtual panel this Wednesday (7/21) 4 - 5 PM PST.

Crossing the fingers that this will be great. Yo Joe!
    I'm assuming you mean:

spoilers:
    Baroness and Tommy on the plane where she's recruiting him for Cobra and he starts going by Storm Shadow?
    end of spoilers

I'm assuming you mean:

spoilers:
    Baroness and Tommy on the plane where she's recruiting him for Cobra and he starts going by Storm Shadow?
    end of spoilers
    You got it bro. Still, I can look it it many ways. The question becomes how we end up at that point. I'd like to see that.

By the way, has anyone else been researching more about the new Baroness, Ursula Corbero?:

Wow, all I gotta say is that the Baroness has never looked this good . Ursula puts a new spin on one of the Baroness' trademarks, the accent. Less maniacal, more sultry I'd say .
    "I am a man of peace."

You got it bro. Still, I can look it it many ways. The question becomes how we end up at that point. I'd like to see that.
    It's interesting that they're framing Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow's relationship where Storm Shadow is poised as like a mentor/older brother figure that actually brings him into the Arashikage. I wonder if that's to lull the audience into a false expectation that he'll stay a good guy and not become Snake Eye's rival and a member of Cobra.
    By the way, has anyone else been researching more about the new Baroness, Ursula Corbero?:

Wow, all I gotta say is that the Baroness has never looked this good . Ursula puts a new spin on one of the Baroness' trademarks, the accent. Less maniacal, more sultry I'd say .
    I thought Sienna Miller had the perfect Baroness look but she's growing on me.

It's interesting that they're framing Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow's relationship where Storm Shadow is poised as like a mentor/older brother figure that actually brings him into the Arashikage. I wonder if that's to lull the audience into a false expectation that he'll stay a good guy and not become Snake Eye's rival and a member of Cobra.

Tommy did bring Snake-Eyes into the Arashikage Clan after they served in 'Nam.

The thing about the Baroness is that it's really about the styling - it could work on almost any actress. Victoria Hand on "AoS" could've been the Baroness because she was styled that way.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Tommy did bring Snake-Eyes into the Arashikage Clan after they served in 'Nam.

The thing about the Baroness is that it's really about the styling - it could work on almost any actress. Victoria Hand on "AoS" could've been the Baroness because she was styled that way.
    I think it's a combination of styling and attitude.

Looking like that, yep. As an aside, I was taken aback upon learning that Storm Shadow was part of Cobra. I came into the Joes during the time when Storm Shadow was a part of G.I. Joe. Make sense though. G.I. Joe has Snake Eyes, Cobra has Storm Shadow. They balance one another.

Wasn't feeling it with Sienna Miller as the Baroness. She had the look, but the didn't have the foreign accent. For me, that's one of the Baroness' defining traits, at least going by the cartoons. I'm glad that they went with Ursula though. Baroness' Eastern European accent was a bit too much in the old series. Very exaggerated. Yeah, it was an weekday afternoon kids' show and you need to hype things up, but it veered into annoyance. But Ursula, I can tell she's bringing in something more agreeable with the Baroness.
    "I am a man of peace."

Exclusive clip:

I'm a little iffy with Samara Weaving's fighting here. The kick could have been cleaner. Also the batons could have been used better as well. Still reserving judgment. But, glad to see Gui DaSilva in this scene. Dude's a master stuntman and is often on the Digital Corridor's channel. He played stunts for Black Panther and was also in Winter Soldier. Nice to see him move up the ranks from Hydra agent to Cobra !
    "I am a man of peace."

Here is an interview featuring Henry Golding:

"I am a man of peace."

And an interview featuring Andrew Koji:

Both interviews are really great. There's such a dichotomy between Henry and Andrew in terms of personality, Henry is more outgoing while Andrew is more reserved. Both seem like cool dudes you'd want to hang out with . Hoping that plays out on screen.

Hopeful that the movie does well. With all of this talk of potential new films, yeah I'm getting excited. Would like to see the other Joes and members of Cobra.
    "I am a man of peace."

Here is an interview featuring Henry Golding:

I've been trying to figure out where I 've seen this actor before, and then it hit me. He was Dry Eye in The Gentlemen, and he was excellent in that movie. So I'm looking forward to seeing him in this.

G.I. Joe's Real-Life Connection Between Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow

Henry Golding (Crazy Rich Asians, Last Christmas), who plays Snake Eyes, and Andrew Koji (Warrior), who plays Tommy (aka Storm Shadow), didn’t meet until they were cast in Snake Eyes. But the two grew up in the same area of England and are roughly the same age. “We’re both from Surrey,” Koji told io9 over video. “We’re Surrey boys.” Golding explains that Koji went to the same college most of his friends went to, which was also right next to where he grew up. “Two half Asian kids growing up in that area, to not have met and only to meet halfway across the world on this amazing sort of production was something really special,” Golding said. “And so our bond was naturally there from the beginning.” Koji added, “And I think some of that has probably gone into the film.”
    https://gizmodo.com/g-i-joes-real-li...d-s-1847319426

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    G.I. Joe's Real-Life Connection Between Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow

https://gizmodo.com/g-i-joes-real-li...d-s-1847319426
    Almost like a real Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow...

Almost like a real Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow...
    To the utmost, I agree. The bond Larry Hama created was truly something special (IMHO):