Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dzika_Sowa View Post
    I thought so too, but it sounds too good to be true
    They brought back Pre-OMD Harry.I think they can bring Pre-OMD Peter if they wanted to.If they do that I want a pre-OMD MJ

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    The pre-OMD harry seems to be a popular theory.Pesonally I thought of it when Carlie found a body.I thought the body was BND Harry but since BND harry is in prison it begs the question.Who is the extra body.
    As for the MJ Pete stuff that could be a problem.MJ needs to come clean ASAP.
    It’s possible the extra body is the genetic duplicate that Mysterio create in that Mind on Fire arc or whatever it was called where we get the half assed explanation of Harry’s return. So there are “3” Harry’s; pre OMD Harry is Kindred, then we have the genetic duplicate that Mysterio gave Norman in that arc which is the body that Carla had in the morgue and then we have BND Harry that’s locked up.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    It’s possible the extra body is the genetic duplicate that Mysterio create in that Mind on Fire arc or whatever it was called where we get the half assed explanation of Harry’s return. So there are “3” Harry’s; pre OMD Harry is Kindred, then we have the genetic duplicate that Mysterio gave Norman in that arc which is the body that Carla had in the morgue and then we have BND Harry that’s locked up.
    Makes sense.Would tie up Mysterio more closely to the story as well.

Spectacular Member

So there are two Harrys, the one we were used too and the tortured soul of the original one, or maybe the soul has been split in two part, a better one that returned to life and the worst one that became Kindred?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by PeterParked View Post
    So there are two Harrys, the one we were used too and the tortured soul of the original one, or maybe the soul has been split in two part, a better one that returned to life and the worst one that became Kindred?
    We don't know the details yet but one is from Pre-OMD and supposedly stranded and tortured in hell and one is BND which is the one in the cell.Whether they split a soul or there are 2 is something we don't know.We don't know much atm because of Mystical nature of OMD.Writers and can bend (most) rules to fit their story.

I don't suppose it's an option at this point for the deceased burglar, Dennis Carradine, to be somehow resurrected and involved? that would be.. a head trip..

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I don't suppose it's an option at this point for the deceased burglar, Dennis Carradine, to be somehow resurrected and involved? that would be.. a head trip..
    It is actually possible. I do not think Marvel has the balls to do it, but imagine Peter catches the burglar and Uncle Ben lives. Kindred is proven correct and All the people who died because Peter became Spider-Man : Carradine, Jean, Harry, Captain Stacy and Gwen all live, and OMD goes away, but Marvel uses this as an opportunity to reboot Peter right back to High School. That concept is even worse then OMD itself.

Fantastic Member

I wonder... someone mentioned this elsewhere, but could Carlie and 'Harry' be trapped in Kindreds mind? Maybe somehow it's a case of a split personality? The good Harry personality trapped with Carlie and the Kindred personality, in the same body?

I wanted Kindred to be a fragment of Peter's soul, or a manifestation of the stolen marriage, twisted in hell and wanting revenge... But a part of Harry's Soul / pre-OMD Harry isn't bad either.

It's giving me Venom vibes, the way Kindred plays with Peter, tormenting him. The story itself is interesting and I hope it addresses OMD in the end.

Oh, I also hope that OMD Harry will re-learn Peter's indentity as Spider-Man and accepts it. Would be fun to see Kindred's reaction to that.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dzika_Sowa View Post
    I wanted Kindred to be a fragment of Peter's soul, or a manifestation of the stolen marriage, twisted in hell and wanting revenge... But a part of Harry's Soul / pre-OMD Harry isn't bad either.

It's giving me Venom vibes, the way Kindred plays with Peter, tormenting him. The story itself is interesting and I hope it addresses OMD in the end.

Oh, I also hope that OMD Harry will re-learn Peter's indentity as Spider-Man and accepts it. Would be fun to see Kindred's reaction to that.
    The issue is NOT will OMD be addressed, rather will it remain and regardless of OMD going or remaining, what are the ramifications of that decision? I imagine a big part is who will be the next writer? I am sure that if it is an established writer like Chip Z, the choice is theirs if they want to keep OMD or not. But if it is a newbie or a Slott like company man it is not going anywhere, until at least Amazing 1000. That is why I was disappointed by the August Solicits. I am simply tired of OMD and for that matter Kindred.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Wonder if Rose revival will be shown in Daredevil. Maybe a crossover with Daredevil comic is incoming? Would be nice to finsh off the mayor kingpin storyline in both books
    I would love to see the Rose become a thorn in DD’s side too. Maybe the other H4H.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    The issue is NOT will OMD be addressed, rather will it remain and regardless of OMD going or remaining, what are the ramifications of that decision? I imagine a big part is who will be the next writer? I am sure that if it is an established writer like Chip Z, the choice is theirs if they want to keep OMD or not. But if it is a newbie or a Slott like company man it is not going anywhere, until at least Amazing 1000. That is why I was disappointed by the August Solicits. I am simply tired of OMD and for that matter Kindred.
    Keep an eye on the FCBD Spidey/venom comics.It comes out in august and it is said to tell where these characters are going in the future era.I think Zdarsky is writing it.

Astonishing Member

Keep an eye on the FCBD Spidey/venom comics.It comes out in august and it is said to tell where these characters are going in the future era.I think Zdarsky is writing it.
    Zdarsky writing the Peter/Eddie story would be interesting and to me surprising. Why? Spencer ( like it or not) has left a lot of plot lines open and (even opened up more with Betty ( not to mention Carlie with Harry)). I would be shocked if they were left open. I concede none are on the level of JMS and Sins Past ( a point I made before). Unless of course, Marvel and ( or) Corporate Parent Disney is fed up with him, and is yanking him off the book. I think that is unlikely because they gave him Amazing after Hydra Cap which ruffled feathers to say the least. As for FCBD I have been guessing that it would be Spencer writing it because he has used ( or will use) almost every prominent character in Peter’s history with the exceptions of Kingsley, Anna-Maria, Jean, Flash and Eddie ( even if only used as a plot device like Sin Eater or Norah). Maybe when the September solicits come out we will get a clue. I will look for terms such as “New” in any context such as direction.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    Zdarsky writing the Peter/Eddie story would be interesting and to me surprising. Why? Spencer ( like it or not) has left a lot of plot lines open and (even opened up more with Betty ( not to mention Carlie with Harry)). I would be shocked if they were left open. I concede none are on the level of JMS and Sins Past ( a point I made before). Unless of course, Marvel and ( or) Corporate Parent Disney is fed up with him, and is yanking him off the book. I think that is unlikely because they gave him Amazing after Hydra Cap which ruffled feathers to say the least. As for FCBD I have been guessing that it would be Spencer writing it because he has used ( or will use) almost every prominent character in Peter’s history with the exceptions of Kingsley, Anna-Maria, Jean, Flash and Eddie ( even if only used as a plot device like Sin Eater or Norah). Maybe when the September solicits come out we will get a clue. I will look for terms such as “New” in any context such as direction.
    We are getting Spider-man books by Spencer every week this month with a one week gap and a giant size for chameleon and then every week with ASM and sinister war for the next 2.He can rap it up by September if he really wants.
    I really hope that Zdarsky is doing ASM and not Venom.As is he may not get a chance to pick up ASM after.
    September solicits will reveal a lot.

Astonishing Member

We are getting Spider-man books by Spencer every week this month with a one week gap and a giant size for chameleon and then every week with ASM and sinister war for the next 2.He can rap it up by September if he really wants.
    I really hope that Zdarsky is doing ASM and not Venom.As is he may not get a chance to pick up ASM after.
    September solicits will reveal a lot.
    If Zdarsky does Amazing, I think it will be a short run ( like Stern). Why? He has told a number of Peter stories ( including Life Story), so I wonder how much more he has to tell? As for Spencer, IF and again this is a BIG IF he is gone in September, it will because Marvel removed him from the book. How? By pushing issues out quickly to get rid of him and force an end to the Kindred arc one way or the other and bring the next writer onboard ( ps. every week certainly qualifies as pushing issues out quickly). Why would they do it? Possibility #1 as I mentioned before, Marvel and ( or) Disney is dissatisfied with his run. Possibility # 2. They have the chance to bring an A list writer like Zdarsky to Amazing and they are not letting a C or D List writer like Nick Spencer block him. Possibility # 3. Both one and two are true.
    Last edited by NC_Yankee; 06-01-2021 at 12:28 PM.