Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by hairys View Post
    Fisk has actually been toppled and then risen again so many times, it's almost cliche at this point. The last time, it was Superior Spider-man destroying Shadowland and Fisk's reign as leader of The Hand.

I doubt they crossover, and imo, Mayor Fisk isn't crucial to Zdarsky's DD run. I could definitely see them ending Mayor Fisk's reign unceremoniously in the pages of Spidey; again, Doc Ock ended Shadowland in one issue pretty much as an afterthought even though Shadowland was more connected to DD.
    I agree.But this Mayor stuff was done well.
    Also Spencer definetly has the pull to make the choice to take out Kingpin from Mayor.DD will survive

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    I agree.But this Mayor stuff was done well.
    Also Spencer definetly has the pull to make the choice to take out Kingpin from Mayor.DD will survive
    Come to think of it, Spencer did set the stage for Mayor Fisk back in Secret Empire, depicting the Kingpin as providing resources, aid, and protection for the New York citizens being threatened under HYDRA's regime while the heroes were busy trying to collect the scattered Cosmic Cube fragments so they could restore the real Steve Rogers. He even said that what he had to gain from doing all that was the gratitude of New Yorkers as they remembered who was there for them in their (literally) darkest hours, and well . . . here we are. Mayor Fisk.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

The Superior Spider-clone SpideyClone's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hairys View Post
    Fisk has actually been toppled and then risen again so many times, it's almost cliche at this point. The last time, it was Superior Spider-man destroying Shadowland and Fisk's reign as leader of The Hand.

I doubt they crossover, and imo, Mayor Fisk isn't crucial to Zdarsky's DD run. I could definitely see them ending Mayor Fisk's reign unceremoniously in the pages of Spidey; again, Doc Ock ended Shadowland in one issue pretty much as an afterthought even though Shadowland was more connected to DD.
    Actually, Fisk has been a factor in Zdarsky's DD run, especially with the revelation of another son of Fisk's running around with Mike Murdock and looking to take a piece of the action. If anything I would expect any changes in Wilson Fisk's status quo to happen in DD's book, since the previous volume dealt quite a bit with Matt as Deputy Mayor and then trying to take Fisk down.

... uh.. didn't Vanessa Fisk reaffirm her own gangster bonafides and order Richard to be killed to begin with? Where is she in the midst of all this? She's hardly an innocent cancer victim at this point.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    ... uh.. didn't Vanessa Fisk reaffirm her own gangster bonafides and order Richard to be killed to begin with? Where is she in the midst of all this? She's hardly an innocent cancer victim at this point.
    Fair, but even so, it's a pretty heavy thing for a mother to have her own son killed. I could see some serious resentment building up as a result of that.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Fantastic Member

Why do I get the feeling Mordo is about to get a serious wake-up call?

Quote Originally Posted by t-spider View Post
    Why do I get the feeling Mordo is about to get a serious wake-up call?
    I mean, Kindred is better named Windred at this point.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    I mean, Kindred is better named Windred at this point.
    Could you elaborate?

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Could you elaborate?
    ...he keeps winning?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    ...he keeps winning?
    Oh ok.he did get captured but I think he wanted to by internal monologue.Can't wait to read the 66 issue

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by SpideyClone View Post
    Actually, Fisk has been a factor in Zdarsky's DD run, especially with the revelation of another son of Fisk's running around with Mike Murdock and looking to take a piece of the action.
    *Fisk* has been important to Zdarsky's run, not *Mayor Fisk*, imo. If anything, Fisk has learned that being Mayor of NYC doesn't make you the most powerful person in the city, not by a longshot. I would expect him to get some revenge on that horrible billionaire couple at some point, but he may be de-mayored in the pages of Spidey before that happens.

Quote Originally Posted by SpideyClone View Post
    If anything I would expect any changes in Wilson Fisk's status quo to happen in DD's book, since the previous volume dealt quite a bit with Matt as Deputy Mayor and then trying to take Fisk down.
    I almost think it's opposite. Since Mayor Fisk and (Deputy) Mayor Murdock were a bigger part of Soule's run, I could see Zdarsky not tackling it at all.

In any case, Fisk being de-mayored was very likely going to happen in 2021 because Trump is no longer President.

Extraordinary Member

Deleted post
    Last edited by Spiderfan001; 05-18-2021 at 11:44 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Spoilers for ASM 66

Norman frees the Spot to rescue his son and Peter runs into a Pregnant Betty Brant.

So it is either flash's or someone else entirely.Flash is back from the dead so that may lead to some awkward hijinks.

The kindred Norman stuff was weird.So is Norman in prison now?He seems to have given up.

Also I think Kindred isn't here for Osborn.He is here for peter.The Osborn sins play was just so that he can have Norman help him out.

Knowing Spencer Spot is going to be back to play some role in this.

Also do we get a hint at what chameleon conspiracy is?

Also would love to see Osborn confess to peter that SP was with a clone of gwen to mind F him.That would be a great retcon.

Extraordinary Member

CBU did a review and it appears we are getting Carlie's stroyline.I am hyped af for that.

I...I'm trying to make sense of that pregnant Betty .