Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dzika_Sowa View Post
    How long until we get another proper "story arc" with Kindred? I don't like this stuff being in the background. I've heard that we are getting a chameleon story and a sinister six story next?
    Yup. First Chameleon Comspiracy, then Sinister Six War. And only then, I guess, next and final showdown with Kindred and wrapping up the whole run.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dzika_Sowa View Post
    How long until we get another proper "story arc" with Kindred? I don't like this stuff being in the background. I've heard that we are getting a chameleon story and a sinister six story next?
    Sinister war has a prelude in the ASM line and then is a mini while they focus on Kindred after Chameleon Conspiracy.Spencer has teased to us that major stuff will happen in Sinister War and the adjacent ASM issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingkalamari View Post
    The Good Harry is Trapped In the Lodge
    Looks like my theory of Kindred involving 2 Harry's turns out to be true after all. My idea was the one we've seen since BND being a version of him that's the better elements of Harry, and Kindred Harry being all that is bad about him- similar to how the first arc of Spencer's run had Peter split into two with both versions embodying different ends of the spectrum. I kept saying I figured it might be a clue to what's going on with the main villain of the run if that's how the run began.

Amazing Member

It definitely Harry, Bagley managed to depict them different enough, the chin and wrinkles in particular. It's as also funny that the shirts both are wearing are the colour of the Green Goblin.

Incredible Member SplinteringHeart's Avatar

Perhaps the Harry locked up with Carlie is Chameleon...

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Interesting that at least for the sake of their respective kids, Robbie and Tombstone are calling a truce. That said, with Carlie and "Harry" winding up in the same place at the end . . . what does that mean for Kindred's true identity and nature? Oh, and "cleansed" Norman getting basically sucker-punched by Kindred? Priceless. As for MJ teaming up with Overdrive to find Carlie and Peter reuniting with a pregnant Betty . . . oh, the plots are definitely thickening, though first Mysterio and now Overdrive? Mary Jane, you do certainly weave your own tangled web.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Betty doesn't remember the secret identity anymore, does she?

... depending on how quickly Flash goes about re-establishing his family ties post-resurrection, I guess he'll be thrown for a loop when he finds out about Betty.. of course, Betty may have gone the Jessica Drew route for all we know. Hmm.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Betty doesn't remember the secret identity anymore, does she?

... depending on how quickly Flash goes about re-establishing his family ties post-resurrection, I guess he'll be thrown for a loop when he finds out about Betty.. of course, Betty may have gone the Jessica Drew route for all we know. Hmm.
    Not to my knowledge, no.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Slott doesn't care.He killed so many famous Spider-people for just shock value.If anything Spencer is salvaging Slott's mess.
    Lol. All this Slott blaming this forum does as if stories that are published didn’t get the approval from Marvel to begin with. Can we get a list of all the people Dan Slott killed of? Aside from Flash Thompson, Marla Jameson and Alister Smythe, who else was there? And remember that Brand New Day wasn’t just a Dan Slott written period - I’ve seen it thrown around here as if that was all his brain child as well.

Quote Originally Posted by SplinteringHeart View Post
    Perhaps the Harry locked up with Carlie is Chameleon...
    Possible given the link that Chameleon was involved in the parents plot that ended with a posthumous message from Harry at the time (the robo parents got a shoutout for the first time ever this run, and Harry's gotcha line got a reprise as well). But I don't really see right now why Chameleon would lock himself up in a random place as Harry, I think the bigger point of interest is why Carlie? If it's the BND Harry that would be intriguing cause Carlie was pushed as the main love interest past that era and that could be a meta link. Might be part of Spencer's play of putting that era under the microscope via Kindred.

My only question revolved around the new Spider-Man suit. So, it's gone after 4 issues now?

Aside from that, the issue was excellent. Tied up some storylines while set up future ones. Nice!
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by stillanerd View Post
    Yeah, she and Flash were an item prior to him becoming Anti-Venom and dying in Amazing Spider-Man #800. But, given how wonky Marvel Time is and how many months it's been since Flash's death in ASM #800, I'm thinking he's the father, too. Unless, of course, we some silly curveball and spoilers:
    Ben Reilly ends up being the father of Betty Brant's baby. And if that happens...UGH!
    end of spoilers

EDIT: Or, the father could be spoilers:
    the Ned Leed's clone. Maybe he and Betty saw each other before he died after all?
    end of spoilers
    OMG?!?!?What if it's spoilers:
    Norman's!!!!
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Chris0013; 05-19-2021 at 05:44 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    My only question revolved around the new Spider-Man suit. So, it's gone after 4 issues now?

Aside from that, the issue was excellent. Tied up some storylines while set up future ones. Nice!
    Yes. But the suit was never meant long-term.

On the last page reveal, it is Harry. For starters he is wearing different clothes to what Norman had on. He is also slightly thinner and younger in appearance. The eye colour is different than Norman's too. Plus his comments to Charlie imply he has been in captivity for a awfully long time.

I thought this issue was very good. There is so much going on it’s hard to keep up. I don’t want to spoil anything and I can’t do spoilers on my iPad so I’ll just wait to comment.

this run is like some hellish punishment designed to torture me
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate