Spectacular Member

Default What single issue or storyline is your favourite for your favourite character?

If you had to pick your favourite single issue or storyline for your most favourited character, what would it be?

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Favorite single issue is probably this one:

There's just something about Wally reassuring his younger self that gets to me. The epitome of dreams coming true.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Mine's Wally related too, but for me it's the Return of Barry Allen storyline.
    Terminal Velocity comes a close second, but the return of Barry story was where Waid was able to bring Wally from out of Barry's (considerable) shadow and made the title his own.
    The Year One annual story also did this really well showing Hal and Jay giving Wally his props too.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    Mine's Wally related too, but for me it's the Return of Barry Allen storyline.
    Terminal Velocity comes a close second, but the return of Barry story was where Waid was able to bring Wally from out of Barry's (considerable) shadow and made the title his own.
    The Year One annual story also did this really well showing Hal and Jay giving Wally his props too.
    Love Return. Great story of nostalgia-turned-nightmare, with a truly cathartic climax. Year One is also fantastic.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

He isn't my favorite anymore, but growing up, Detective Comics #439 featuring Night of the Stalker remains my favorite Batman story ever told.

It's elegant in how much it distills the character down to his core element and tells the reader everything they need to know about Batman.

Amazing Member

I loved the Night of the Stalker story as well... I just remember the final panel after Bruce removes his cowl and is standing in front of his parents' portrait with his face in his hands, totally destroyed... Got me as a kid, and still gets me (of course, this was back in the day when Bruce Wayne was the "real person" and the Batman was the "mask"

For me, and like was said above, the current version is definitely not my favourite anymore, but Dick Grayson in "Who is Donna Troy" still is one, if not the best, version of Dick Grayson I've seen.

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

“Dreadful Birthday, Dear Joker!”

"The Abyss Gazes Also"