Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon16 View Post
    I have another draft of the script typed, showcasing camera angles and fixing some errors. I was trying to go for DCAU Brainiac with the dialogue, but I've only watched 3 episodes of Superman TAS in which he appears. Yeah. I'm not ready to write serious stories. Any idea how I can turn this into an episode of Superman TAS rather than JLA?
    Honestly, I think this story is better suited to the more whimsical nature of Justice League Action than Superman TAS, which took itself more seriously. I can't think of how you could tweak your story that wouldn't result in it losing its charms.

Near Long Island. No Circus Pizza, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Honestly, I think this story is better suited to the more whimsical nature of Justice League Action than Superman TAS, which took itself more seriously. I can't think of how you could tweak your story that wouldn't result in it losing its charms.
    Young Justice took itself more seriously, and had a scene where Atom and Bumblebee travel inside Jaime Reyes.
    STAS apologist, New 52 apologist, writer of several DC fan projects.

Young Justice took itself more seriously, and had a scene where Atom and Bumblebee travel inside Jaime Reyes.
    You could certainly do a more serious version of your story, but I don't think it'd be as much fun for me. That said, you can certainly give it a shot. Your story can be anything you want it to be.

You could certainly do a more serious version of your story, but I don't think it'd be as much fun for me. That said, you can certainly give it a shot. Your story can be anything you want it to be.
    My writing ends up like Justice League Action, yet I want it to be like DCAU. I've only watched the first season of Superman TAS (plan to watch more this week.) I have writing references stored on YouTube. Here they are. I don't really read the comics due to my short attention span, even though I like them. Is that the problem?

THE PITCH: A retelling of Superman's origin, meant to be the start of a DC animated TV series (for HBO Max of course.)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1s8V...ew?usp=sharing

My writing ends up like Justice League Action, yet I want it to be like DCAU. I've only watched the first season of Superman TAS (plan to watch more this week.) I have writing references stored on YouTube. Here they are. I don't really read the comics due to my short attention span, even though I like them. Is that the problem?
    Dialogue is always tricky, particularly when the characters are aliens, robots, and all the other crazy cosmic beings running around superhero fiction. It's not like you can base Brainiac's dialogue upon a real person, unfortunately. It's going to end up being a gut feeling. Sorry, I know that's not very helpful

Dialogue is always tricky, particularly when the characters are aliens, robots, and all the other crazy cosmic beings running around superhero fiction. It's not like you can base Brainiac's dialogue upon a real person, unfortunately. It's going to end up being a gut feeling. Sorry, I know that's not very helpful
    Did you read the Superman origin one?

Did you read the Superman origin one?
    Not yet. I should be able to give it a read later today though. Sorry for the delay, I have a quite a few people sending me fanfic now in private. A few of you are still too shy to share your stuff publicly

Plus, I'm still trying to find time to work on my own stories, in addition to my full-time job and responsibilities. Don't worry, though. I'll get to them all eventually.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

You really should post that Mxy story. It's a lot of fun. This is a safe space
    Finally getting around to posting this, but I wrote it all the way back in the middle of June. I wanted some time away to look at it with fresher eyes, but it holds up for what it is.

So, allow me to set the stage for the absolute nonsense only the bravest and most foolish of you will see:

It's the Wednesday morning on which Superman Red and Blue #5 is released and Bored, who always reads these things before I do, messages me and tells me Waid told a Mxy story in it. I joke to him that I love Mxy, but I have no story for the dude even though I wish I could have found a place for him in my Superman project. I'm excited to get out of work and read Waid's.

Thirty minutes later, I send a message to Bored "I've got my elevator pitch" and that night I race home after picking up my comics and write this up. It was originally going to be a short thing as a warmup for my larger Superman project, but it ended up being a one-shot in its own right and absolutely stupid from top-to-bottom, but I had a blast writing it.

The pitch: Mxy turns Metropolis into Wrestlemania and Clark has to get through the gauntlet of the usual suspects in order to challenge Mxy and stop him.

I typically write things as if they're a comic script, so the format may be off-putting. I haven't really polished it or formatted it in standard script form, so it's probably incomprehensible, but again this was more of a fun exercise to warm up for a different project that kind of became its own thing. It's essentially a standard 22-page one shot. I don't expect anyone to get more out of this than (hopefully) a laugh or two. I wouldn't normally call something in this state "finished," but as I don't have any intent to return to it, Mxymania MMXXI is more or less complete.

Mxymania MMXXI

No need to tell me I'm a hack. I already know.

Funny story, I still haven't read Superman Red and Blue #5. I'm so busy with work, life and side projects that my backlog has become... daunting. I'll get to it eventually and see an actual professional write a Mxy story one of these days.
    Last edited by Robanker; 09-17-2021 at 01:20 AM.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

In honor of Spooktober I wrote a bit about what I’d like to see done with Parasite: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr....rasite-stories

Just the basic story arc, really a skeleton more or less.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    In honor of Spooktober I wrote a bit about what I’d like to see done with Parasite: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr....rasite-stories

Just the basic story arc, really a skeleton more or less.
    Cool ideas. I think there's a lot of potential in Parasite as a more overtly horror-based character.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I have what I think is a cool story. But I don't know how to post it.
    Assassinate Putin!

Incredible Member

I'm curious has anyone done some good Daily Planet fiction.

I write a little about this. Lana is the editor-in-chief now,
    Clark splits his time between the paper and TV, while Lois and their
    grownup son Perry works for it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    I have what I think is a cool story. But I don't know how to post it.
    I can help if you'd like. What's the issue?

Are you familiar with Google Docs?
    Last edited by Bored at 3:00AM; 10-03-2021 at 08:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RobinGA View Post
    I'm curious has anyone done some good Daily Planet fiction.

I write a little about this. Lana is the editor-in-chief now,
    Clark splits his time between the paper and TV, while Lois and their
    grownup son Perry works for it as well.
    I'm currently working on a sequel to my Young Luthor at War! fanfic that has a lengthy interlude with Lana Lang at the Daily Planet. I really enjoyed it.
    Last edited by Bored at 3:00AM; 01-12-2022 at 05:21 AM.