Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

My favorite will always be...

Cable & The Avengers

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post

Cable & The Avengers
    Cable & Deadpool #25 is one of the best comics exploring X/A relations.
    Static Pulse: That's why I like you. You're like four degrees away from being a William Gibson protagonist.
    Old board post count: 2,089

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Whim View Post
    Still absolutely hate Bendis's Avengers.

I mean Storm could work as one but that .... that was so pointless. She was barely there and did nothing. She's more than Black Panther's companion.
    tchalla being her husband was why she joined. anything beyond that he had nothing to do with so not sure why that point is relevant.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

The lame ones
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post

Cable & The Avengers

Don’t forget, Cable was an Avenger on the Unity Squad with Rogue, Captain America, Deadpool, Wasp and some others. He even kicked Captain America’s ass in one issue and had to be stopped by Rogue. It was awesome!

Cable has fought Cap three times and won all three. In Uncanny Avengers, in Avengers: X-Sanction and in Cable/Deadpool (though he was pretty much god-mode powered up in that one; so not even really much of a fight honestly). So while he gets along with the Avengers okay for the most part, when push comes to shove he’s taken out their leader a number of times.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Don’t forget, Cable was an Avenger on the Unity Squad with Rogue, Captain America, Deadpool, Wasp and some others. He even kicked Captain America’s ass in one issue and had to be stopped by Rogue. It was awesome!

Cable has fought Cap three times and won all three. In Uncanny Avengers, in Avengers: X-Sanction and in Cable/Deadpool (though he was pretty much god-mode powered up in that one; so not even really much of a fight honestly). So while he gets along with the Avengers okay for the most part, when push comes to shove he’s taken out their leader a number of times.

Well he saw Wolverine fight Cap....

Uncanny avengers Steve rogers wasn't a old man and not captain america?

He was at first, but by the time they fought he was juiced back up as Captain America again. It was during Civil War II and was in issue #14 of that volume of UA...

Cable, Shaw and Toad break into a government lab and steal samples or something like that, looking for a cure to the Terrigen Mists which were deadly to mutants. Captain America tries to stop them for whatever reason. Cable is kicking his ass and Rogue pulls him off, crushing his mechanical wrist in the process. Pretty good issue.

He was at first, but by the time they fought he was juiced back up as Captain America again. It was during Civil War II and was in issue #14 of that volume of UA...

Oh it was the nazi captain America from altenate reality, the true steve rogers that isnt a nazi beat the **** out of him on secret empire

Gotcha. Well, Cable beat his ass too then. And he also whipped the real Steve on those other two occasions mentioned, in X-Sanction and Cable/Deadpool too.

Cable, Shaw and Toad break into a government lab and steal samples or something like that, looking for a cure to the Terrigen Mists which were deadly to mutants. Captain America tries to stop them for whatever reason. Cable is kicking his ass and Rogue pulls him off, crushing his mechanical wrist in the process. Pretty good issue.
    I loved these issues
    Rogue and Cable make such a great duo
    And Captain Hydra got what he deserved, it was awesome

Quote Originally Posted by rhaenylis View Post
    I loved these issues
    Rogue and Cable make such a great duo
    And Captain Hydra got what he deserved, it was awesome
    Agreed and agreed.

mostly cordial and respectful is what I want.......don't necessarily need or want best buds or really close type of vibe tho.

Quote Originally Posted by cam18 View Post
    mostly cordial and respectful is what I want.......don't necessarily need or want best buds or really close type of vibe tho.
    I never understood why fans of either team want a wall between the two. Like let them have bestie moments and one avenger pop up on an X title to assist/support while the mutants still shine but show human superheroes are willing help if asked to. Like how Wolverine pops up in titles outside of X-titles
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    I never understood why fans of either team want a wall between the two. Like let them have bestie moments and one avenger pop up on an X title to assist/support while the mutants still shine but show human superheroes are willing help if asked to. Like how Wolverine pops up in titles outside of X-titles
    Speaking for myself if I want to see the Avengers I will buy there books.....outside of a crossover or some other minor interactions here and there I don't need or particularly want more then that I read X-titles to keep up with X characters its that simple....Wolverine since he rose to popularity is whored out to the marvel u and imo often times to diminishing returns as it happens so often...to often X characters are used to help prop up weaker franchises and characters...and often times they come out of it looking worse.
    Last edited by cam18; 05-16-2021 at 12:07 PM.