Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

The current roster is fine. I'm not sure I want any of my favorites written by Aaron...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Definitely Songbird (if only to fulfill Busiek's prophecy):

That prophecy was already fulfilled - Songbird was part of Al Ewing's New Avengers five years ago.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ultimate Member

Hmm, eight Avengers I wouldn't mind being written by Aaron...

Jack of Hearts
    Deathcry
    Mantis
    Sentry
    Magdalene
    Gilgamesh/the Forgotten One
    Abyss
    Ex Nihilo

Have at it, Jason!

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    Is Aaron still writing The Avengers? Because if so the question is: who do you like enough to want to be on the Avengers, but don't love so much that you're willing to have Aaron writing them. It's tricky.
    So true, Aaron is ruining this title, he has a great roster and is still somehow failing this title and its fans.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    Is Aaron still writing The Avengers? Because if so the question is: who do you like enough to want to be on the Avengers, but don't love so much that you're willing to have Aaron writing them. It's tricky.
    Beautifully said. My feelings as well.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Luke Cage as an eighth. Swap Sersi for She-Hulk.

Extraordinary Member

Vision.
    So they can counter the Winter Guard.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I'm pretty sure She-Hulk will be leaving in September, considering July's solicit. So there's actually a vacancy. Will they go like-for-like and bring in Bruce Banner? If Aaron was waiting for Immortal Hulk to finish, the timing would fit.
    I think that you maybe right as Jason Aaron has made no secret of the fact that he has always wanted the "real" Hulk on the team and couldn't use him due to the Immortal Hulk storyline.
    Aaron has absolutely butchered the Jennifer Walters' She Hulk.
    Here is the cover to Marvels' Avengers/Hulk #1 free comic book day release due out on August 14.
    images (11).jpg
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Spectacular Member

If I had to pick a victim, I'd say Silverclaw...I like her enough that she could do with the exposure but I'm not so attached to her that it would bother me too much when another writer has to fix however Aaron screws her up

I think it’s time for a completely new line-up, as in the time honored Avengers tradition!
    I would keep Black Panther and Captain America, then add the Wasp, Hawkeye, Quicksilver, the Scarlet Witch, Crystal and Tigra!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by SilverScarlet View Post
    I think it’s time for a completely new line-up, as in the time honored Avengers tradition!
    I would keep Black Panther and Captain America, then add the Wasp, Hawkeye, Quicksilver, the Scarlet Witch, Crystal and Tigra!
    I'd love that lineup, and how it's kinda non-traditional. Most Avengers lineups have at least one 'tank' in the vein of the Hulk, Thor, She-Hulk, Namor, Wonder Man, etc. so it's fun to see one where *Tigra* at 5 tons is the most 'super-strong!' Although I suppose since Wasp can, but doesn't often, go giant-size, a 60' Janet able to lift 100 tons would be pretty darn 'tanky' if needs must.) Also fun to see the 'biggest guns' not being Thor, Iron Man and Vision, but instead Scarlet Witch and Crystal!

Plus all four of Cap's Kooky Quartet reunited is definitely a blast from the past!

That said, my ideal lineup of (not-Aaron) Avengers would have to include Songbird and Monica Rambeau.

Mighty Member

I think Captain America, Black Panther and Captain Marvel can stay. The rest can go. Beside, we have 4 out of 8 of the Avengers have their own ongoing book.

Althought this current line-up is also good. But it made me miss many B-Listers Avengers (Hawkeye, Wasp, Scarlet Witch, Mockingbird, Wonder Man, Synapse, Spectrum) since the beginning of 2021, I don't recall if any of them on the list have made a major appearance in any books.

Fantasy picks:

1) Dr. Voodoo. I want there to be a magician hero on the team.
    2) Luke Cage. Just because I want to see Luke against 'big time' villains again.
    3) Spider-Man (Peter). To make him a global scale hero again.

I guess we'll see what happens.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    So true, Aaron is ruining this title, he has a great roster and is still somehow failing this title and its fans.
    The problem is no one is giving enough criticism to his ideas. Because they are good, they just need to be trimmed back a little.