2. Kenan Kong (New Super-Man)
    3. Jimmy Olsen
    4. John Henry Irons (Steel)

Rogues
    1. Lex Luthor
    2. Brainiac
    3. Metallo
    4. Mongul

I think that keeps things interesting in terms of having variety in what the supporting cast brings (Lois brings investigative journalism, Jimmy brings Silver Age hijinks, Kenan brings international politics, Chinese mythology, and the hilarity of Clark trying to mentor him, and John brings corporate warfare and a common man’s perspective on Superman and what he means) and what the Rogues Gallery brings (Lex brings megacorp and mad scientist threats, Brainiac brings all of the possessions he has in his collection including Kandor, Metallo brings the threat of the military/American government, and Mongul brings the brutality of Warworld).
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

In no particular order:

1. Lois
    2. Jimmy
    3. Steel
    4. Kenan
    5. Kara
    6. Cyborg Superman
    7. Lex
    8. Brainiac

Bibbo would be my honorable mention.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Daily Planet:
    Lois Lane
    Jimmy Olsen

Supporting heroes/metas:
    John Henry Irons
    Livewire (Villain turned ally later)

Villains:
    Brainiac
    Blaze & Silver Banshee
    The Cadmus Project (I know this is cheating a bit using the corp as one entity, but I'm doing it!)

Only having eight slots made for some interesting cuts, but I justified omitting some favorites of mine like Kara and Kon because I figure they're the types of characters who fit best as later additions to a narrative anyway. Lex is out only because I figured to focus on some different villains. Lois and Jimmy I just consider super obvious, with in my head an early Morrison vibe for Clark and the two of them being their own little Scooby gang. Livewire I add because I think she's underrated and is a good redemption story, and I like Blaze and Banshee for the supernatural element which is a rarity in Superman stories, plus I'd riff a little off the Darkseid/Intergang secret connections and do something similar with Cadmus being influenced by Blaze. The science angle with Cadmus then brings would be a naturally point of introduction for John Henry. Brainiac then being the more cosmic major villain.
    Yeah part of why I like Livewire is that she's a challenge for Superman to take down but not in the fist fight sort of way. Leslie's quite powerful but her abilities are very different from what Superman can do. She's fast enough you NEED superspeed to keep up with her. She's tough enough to shrug off getting tackled through a reinforced concrete wall by Superman. Her senses allow her to hear radiowave based communication and her electrical projection abilities can be used to transmit radiowaves. Oh yeah... that's right... she's cyberpathic too! As for the scale of her electrical powers... she can cause blackouts by draining the local power grid dry! That's quite a lot of electricity to throw at people!

Astonishing Member

I'm not going to really list 8 but rather favorites from different area's of the franchise/connected to the franchise

1 Jimmy Olsen/Lois Lane/Lana Lang

2. 90's Kon-El

3 Jack Kirby's Newsboy Legion

4 Dawnstar/ Ultraboy/ Lightning Lad/Wildfire/Brainiac 5/ Matter Eater Lad/ Karate Kid and others Legion Members

5 Lex Luthor/ Parasite/ Terraman/ Livewire/ Bizarro & other villains

6 Mxyzptlk

7 Krypto/Streaky

8 Queen Cleopatra his on and off again love interest
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory

Extraordinary Member

1. Linda Danvers

2. Lois
    3. Ma/Pa lumping them together
    4. Perry
    5. Jimmy
    6. Conner, but only 90s Conner. Haven't cared for him since they started forcing tragedy after tragedy on him.
    7. Steel
    8. Luthor

Astonishing Member

1) Krypto: Superman's dog and at present the only other non-criminal survivor of Krypton.

2) The Ultra-Humanite: A fusion of scientist Emil Hamilton and the Jor-El based artificial intelligence system that originally built the Fortress of Solitude. Obsessed with scientific research and making Superman into a "real Kryptonian".

3) Lois Lane: Clark Kent's fellow reporter at NewsPlanet.org. She discovered that Clark is Superman . Her drive for discovering the truth often overrides her instincts for self-preservation. Resourceful and capable she can deal with most situations but is still no match for superhuman threats,

4) Jim Harper: Genetically enhanced police officer who leads the Metropolis Metahuman Situations Unit. Although an ally of Superman's has a tendency to treat him like a subordinate in most situations.

5) Ursa: On Krypton Ursa was one of the ringleaders of a group attempting to overthrow the Planetary Council after they refused to act on Jor-El's prediction of the planet's imminent destruction. On Earth she often attempts to strongarm societal change.

6) James Olsen: College student and intern at NewsPlanet, Olsen serves as Clark's guide to Metropolis' streets, digital media, and youth culture.

7) Kara Ellis-Ross: young and sure of herself, Superman's cousin resents having to pretend to be "only" human. Her powers are weaker than Clark's (at present).

8) Pete Ross: Clark's oldest friend and Kara's legal guardian. One of the first people to know about Clark's abilities.

Oh balls I forgot all about Krypto.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Oh balls I forgot all about Krypto.
    No presents from Santa for you this year.

1. Lois Lane
    2. Ma and Pa Kent
    3. STEEL (John Irons)
    4. Powergirl
    5. Krypto
    6. General Zod & company
    7. Lex Luthor
    8. Brainiac

I would have added Darkseid, but than you have to start adding, the New Gods and people from Apocalypse.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nostalgia View Post
    1. Lois Lane
    2. Ma and Pa Kent
    3. STEEL (John Irons)
    4. Powergirl
    5. Krypto
    6. General Zod & company
    7. Lex Luthor
    8. Brainiac

I would have added Darkseid, but than you have to start adding, the New Gods and people from Apocalypse.
    Why isn't Jon in any of these posts?

Quote Originally Posted by JorgeJ77 View Post
    Why isn't Jon in any of these posts?
    People don’t like him? They don’t consider him as essential as others? Take your pick. I certainly wouldn’t mind him showing up down the road, but I have zero desire for another Superdad project right now. If something else gets made like the OP pitches I want it set in the “Year 2/3” era of Clark’s career.
    Last edited by Vordan; 05-15-2021 at 09:32 PM.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    No presents from Santa for you this year.
    Ruh-roh.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

1 - Lois: I mean, she needs and should be here.
    2 - Jon: 10 years old
    3 - Baka: Jon's friend
    4 - John Henry Irons
    5 - Jimmy Olsen
    6 - Mongul
    7 - Brainiac
    8 - Maxima

Krypto, Kelex and the Superman-robots would be there too.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

1. Lois Lane
    2. Lex Luthor
    3. Supergirl (Matrix/Linda Danvers)
    4. Eradicator
    5. Power Girl
    6. Maxima
    7. Steel
    8. Jimmy Olsen
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009