Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Ideas for Amazon powers, skills, weapons and tools

This is a thread to post your ideas for what you would like the Amazons' powers, skills, weapons and tools to be. It can either fit with current canon or not at all.

Purple Healing Ray
    Mental Radio
    Lansinarian sentient morphing crystal
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Powers - Increased strength, speed, reflexes. Lets say about as strong as 10 men at their physical peaks.

Skills - Majority are top tier fighters, half are expert bowmen, half are expert sword fighters, some are expert in magics/healing. Everyone is fairly good with history but some are of higher knowledge (thinking of the WW animated movie where Alexa wasnt interested in fighting but was more interested in books)

Weapons- bracelets that can deflect just about anything (the only difference between the Amazons/Diana is the energy blast that she is able to emit), whips, swords, shields, bows/arrows. Many of which were gifted by the gods, made from the same metal as their bracelets.

Tools - Purple Healing Ray, Magic mirror that allows them to see into Mans World, Girdle of Gaea for strength, Girdle of Gaea for love and submission, sandals of hermes, Gauntlets of Atlas, Tiara of Athena, Chestplate of Hephaestus, Lasso of persuasion, Lasso of of lightning, Lass of Truth (of course taken by Diana), Lasso of Persuasion. Dooms Doorway.

Diana of course is blessed by the gods so she doesnt need majority of these add-ons but all other Amazons would need them to put them on an equal footing to Diana. Cassie is a demi-goddess so she wouldn't need half of them, Donna is.....Donna.

I hate the Fact that DC can't stand to think that Women can be just as Powerful as Men i Grew up on DC but now i collect more Marvel Comics than DC.they seem to not be afraid and take chances with More Teams Books and their Women are just as Powerful as the Men .Storm.Scarlet Witch.Polaris.She Hulk.Firestar.Phoenix=Jean.i mean Ultimate Power Princess even Beat the Hulk before .now with the Amazons apparently they Aren't as Strong as i'd personally make them.i watch both Justice League Movies and it still bothers me when the Horse that fell on the Amazon and she wasn't Strong Enough to lift it off her i mean really.

Quote Originally Posted by warzon View Post
    I hate the Fact that DC can't stand to think that Women can be just as Powerful as Men i Grew up on DC but now i collect more Marvel Comics than DC.they seem to not be afraid and take chances with More Teams Books and their Women are just as Powerful as the Men .Storm.Scarlet Witch.Polaris.She Hulk.Firestar.Phoenix=Jean.i mean Ultimate Power Princess even Beat the Hulk before .now with the Amazons apparently they Aren't as Strong as i'd personally make them.i watch both Justice League Movies and it still bothers me when the Horse that fell on the Amazon and she wasn't Strong Enough to lift it off her i mean really.
    In the JL movie, what about WW being so weak that superman could pull her with one hand?
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

I like the idea of some mythical items, but also the Amazon’s skill with science and technology playing an equal role.

The Gauntlets of Atlas, the Mask of Proteus, etc. and the mental radio, purple ray, stealth technology, and other items it makes sense for their society to produce.

Can I post here my fanfic idea for what the technology on Pardise Island would be like?

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Can I post here my fanfic idea for what the technology on Pardise Island would be like?
    I suppose that is fair.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    I like the idea of some mythical items, but also the Amazon’s skill with science and technology playing an equal role.

The Gauntlets of Atlas, the Mask of Proteus, etc. and the mental radio, purple ray, stealth technology, and other items it makes sense for their society to produce.
    Especially if they are in charge of guarding Dooms Doorway...they need to be strong enough/prepared enough to deal with any supernatural forces inside.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Especially if they are in charge of guarding Dooms Doorway...they need to be strong enough/prepared enough to deal with any supernatural forces inside.
    Definitely. While it was a revolutionary run, it never sat well with me that Perez jettisoned all the sci-fi and space opera elements of Diana and the Amazons. The focus on mythology clearly helped define the character, but I like my Wonderverse broader than mythology.

Quote Originally Posted by warzon View Post
    Yeah, that scene really stuck with me cause in my head the Amazons were women who could carry 10 ton boulders over their heads during their regular competitions. They can harness their mental power to enhance their strength. The weight of a horse shouldn't be anything to them.

But again even Antiope got killed by a bullet in DCEU from WW1 era guns. She should have easily "bracelets vs bullets" that bullet. Just like Diana got weakened in the DCEU, the Amazons are also significantly weaker there.

As for technology/gear.

I definitely want a floating city that also serves as a airship weapon or something. Sort of like Dracula's castle in Castlevania.

I really love the different types of swords Diana has though I don't like Diana herself using them. Contradictory? I know.

Hestia's gear in New 52 was some of the best. Also Cassie's armor, I kind of like those gear/armor that have drawbacks the more power you use from them sort of like Guts' armor in Berserk.

Bring back the Purple Healing Ray and make sure Diana is the inventor.

One of the simplest aspects of my fanfic version of Paradise Island is that the amazons don't have computers, but they have their own sofisticated form of storing and sharing massive amounts of information with easy access.

The lasso of truth is a special technology they invented that works somewhat like the mind meld in Star Trek. When multiple people hold it at the same time their minds merge and they peer into each other's "souls", being able to see see memories, thoughts, dreams, and truths neither of them might have even been aware of about themselves. Kinda like what the aliens in Avatar did with their hairs. There is no hiding thoughts when they use this process, and the longer it goes the deeper it becomes. So when Diana uses the lasso of truth she learns languages through this, but she also has to sacrifice her own privacy and reveal everything about her to the other person, even if it's an enemy.

The thing is that Diana's lasso is the greatest of it's kind, but it's not the only one there is. In fact, a great number of amazons use lassos like hers and walk around with them tied onto their waists like umbilical cords but their lassos are much more destructible and have less powers than Diana's.

They use these lassos in a complex rope system similar to textile factories, where they insert their lasso into the system and spin it on a spinning machine connected to a a miles long network of lasso's, and they are able to absorb information directly into their minds, along with memories stored there by others. So in a way it's more primitive than our smartphones but it also can do things we can't.

186510355_243521897569120_6433163363080042198_n.jpg
    186548083_805378253729874_8639820415985166287_n.jpg
    Last edited by Alpha; 05-16-2021 at 04:58 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Some scattered thoughts

1. I'd like the Amazons to use psychic powers more prominently. Incorporate that into their martial arts, make Mind over matter a key tenet of their style

2. The Amazons should not have any weapons. They have highly advanced tools, which can be used in combat, but nothing that is designed for combat or has combat as it's sole function.

3. Amazons should have advanced tech, definitely. I'd be fine with making the Wonderdome an amazonian rather than alien creation

general Powers:
    - Superhuman strength, speed, durability, and endurance (like Captain America)
    --- can be acquired through ritual/ceremony for new comers
    - Immortality (on the Island only)
    - Ageless
    - Superhuman senses

unique Powers:
    - God blessings; based on who they primarily worship some amazons have unique abilities compared to others
    Examples: Hestia and Hephaestus grant immunity to fire, Athena gives heighten wisdom and battle skills, Artemis grants a closeness to animals and nature, etc...
    - Magic; some amazons know magic

Skills: Its a bit difficult to lock down because amazons should be advanced in their skill set but just like the real world not every amazon needs to be an expert on everything
    - agriculture/farming
    - medicine/healing
    - warfare
    - philosophy
    - arts/crafts/music
    - science
    - elemental magic
    - rune crafting

There are 2 main unique minerals on Paradise Island 1) Amazonium and 2) Purple energy crystals

Technological advancements:
    - Purple healing ray
    - Mental Radio
    - Lansinarian morphing discs
    - Aqueducts with filtration systems
    - Invisible space crafts for star exploring
    - Teleportation pads for Island hopping
    - Using Amazonium to build their city
    - Access to Hyper Time or the Infinite Corridor to different worlds
    - General super advance stuff
    - Universal translator necklaces
    - Cybernetic limbs
    - Cyborg Unicorns, Chimeras, and Dragons

Advanced weapons/armor: weapons and armor are made from Amazonium and are near unbreakable to human standards
    - Amazonium armor (different styles to distinguish bowmen from soldiers and captains)
    - Amazonium swords, spears, shields, whips/lassos, axes, hammers, etc...
    - Amazonium bracelets (not as indestructable as any of the Wonders but pretty dang close)
    - Bows that use lightning fast energy arrows made from purple energy
    --- Spears can act as throwable explosives
    --- Whips can have energy running through them to act like tasers
    --- Some weapons glow purple due to the energy flowing through them
    - Purple destruction ray
    - Giant energy crossbows a top towers (against hostile alien ships)

Godly artifacts: (That Diana isn't currently using lol)
    - Sandals of Hermes
    - Gauntlets of Atlas
    - Rod of Asclepius
    - God Killer sword (a better one aka not the movie or comic one)
    - Golden eagle armor (no wings)

Some Notes:
    I love the designs and looks of the Amazons in Historia so I would keep that style but just note that the material its made from is Amazonium.

I separate the Tech advancements and weapons/armor based on usage. The "---" is more notes on other bullet points so the list is a bit shorter.

Wanted to add cybernetic animal robots as I don't think the amazons would use real animals in combat at least they would try to.

This is just general stuff I have in my head canon, it would look a lot more distinct were it in a book.
    Last edited by Perseus; 05-17-2021 at 01:04 AM.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor