Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Pick your Top 8 Wonderverse characters (besides Diana)

Let's say there's a new Wonder Woman project coming out. Could be a movie, tv show, video game, animated, musical, whatever.

Wonder Woman (Diana Prince) will be the star, but DC / Warner wants to surround her with 8 other Wonderverse characters that they'll fully develop in new ways.

YOU pick the 8 Wonderverse characters to surround Diana.

They could be civilian supporting cast, costumed WonderFam allies, or rogues gallery members. But you only have 8 slots to fill.

First draft for my picks to surround Diana:

1. Steve Trevor
    2. Hippolyta
    3. Cheetah
    4. Circe
    5. Ares
    6. Donna Troy
    7. Nubia
    8. Herakles

Hmmm ... I might change my picks later.

What are yours?
    Last edited by daBronzeBomma; 05-14-2021 at 10:59 AM.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

1. Cheetah (Priscilla or Barbara)
    2. Hippolyta
    3. Etta Candy
    4. Steve Trevor
    5. Circe
    6. Ares- mostly for the design and use in the origin story
    7. Veronica Cale
    8. Donna Troy (Pre-Crisis NTT Donna as Wonder Girl only)

Incredible Member

1. Steve Trevor
    2. Circe
    3. Nubia
    4.Maxwell Lord
    5. Dr. Barbara Minerva (not Cheetah)
    6.Dr. Poison
    7. Ares
    8. Yara Flor (This is more because I love her design. I have yet to read her FS comics)

1. Steve Trevor
    2. Hippolyta
    3. Donna
    4. Artemis
    5. Cheetah (Minerva)
    6. Circe
    7. Ares.
    8. Etta Candy (LoWW version).

1. Cheetah (Minerva)
    2. Hippolyta
    3. Steve
    4. Etta
    5. Circe
    6. Ares
    7. Donna
    8. Artemis

1. Steve Trevor
    2. Etta Candy
    3. Donna
    4. Dr Psycho
    5. Cheetah
    6. Veronica Cale
    7. Giganta
    8. Hestia

Steve and Etta are pretty much necessary. No Hippolyta or other Amazons here because I'd prefer to put the focus on Diana in Man's World, and not her history. Thus Donna, who most strongly represents Diana's connection with Man's World. Last, lets take the chance to introduce a new take on classical mythology, so I take Hestia rather than Aphrodite or Athena (or for that matter Ares).

Then four classic enemies that each of them can match or exceed Diana in some way. However, not Circe, because I think the use of her in Wonder Woman has tended to be flanderized and fails to interrogate the classical myths in any interesting way.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Spectacular Member

1. Steve Trevor
    2. Donna Troy
    3. Hippolyta
    4. Etta Candy
    5. Cheetah
    6. Doctor Psycho
    7. Doctor Cyber (the original)
    8. DOCTOR DOMINIO!!!

- Steve Trevor
    - Etta Candy
    - Artemis
    - Nubia
    - Circe
    - Cheetah
    - Ares
    - Queen Clea

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

-Hippolyta
    -Donna
    -Cassie
    -Ares
    -Cheetah
    -Artemis
    -Steve Trevor
    -Etta Candy

-Etta Candy
    -Steve Trevor
    -Hippolyta
    -Mala
    -Myndi Mayer
    -Trevor Barnes
    -Donna Milton
    -Nubia

Etta, Steve, and Hippolyta are the three key components of Wonder Womans supporting cast and I just can't see an adaption not including them in some capacity.
    Etta is Dianas connection to the Holliday Girls and the college. Shes Dianas best friend who will always be there for her.

Steve is The One. You simply can't not include him. Putting aside his ace pilot/super secret agent thing and his connection to the military, you have a male feminist who champions Dianas beliefs and stands by her, supporting and believing in her.

And of course Hippolyta. I adore Diana having a healthy relationship with her mother. The golden age concept of them chatting daily over the mental radio and Diana frequently flying home just to visit. Lets see their close connection grow.

Mala is Dianas best friend and I stand by the canon of them once upon a time being a thing. She helps to flesh out the Amazons and what they mean to Diana. She also serves the important role of working to rehabilitate Wonder Womans villains. Giving them counseling and helping them to become their best selves.

Myndi Mayer may seem like a bit of a random pick, but her whole angle of good PR really makes for some fascinating story and would help Diana in her efforts to spread her message. Heck, shes responsible for creating the 'Wonder Woman foundation' a charity built around Wonder Womans ideals.

Trevor Barnes may seem like an out of nowhere choice, but he is an ambassador working with the United Nations and is defined by his desire to help the improvished and the overlooked. He would create an opportunity to explore that side of Diana and define her.

These last two choices have had me stuck debating with myself a fair bit. But going by the assumption that this would be the core cast and anyone else would be one time or seasonal appearances at most...

My next choice would be Donna Milton. She has connections to a couple of Wonder Womans most important villains and is arguably one of the greatest examples of Dianas ability to turn any foe into an ally and make them turn over a new leaf. A woman who sought to destroy Wonder Woman, only to become one of her fiercest allies.

With only one slot left I was rather torn on what to decide. Did I want to pick someone with a connection to the Astral Plane? Another Holliday Girl such as my favorite, Marya the Giantess?
    Perhaps one of my favorite villains such as the Duke of Deception or Morganna.
    There was even the option of one of the Wonder Girls or perhaps a member of the Bana-Mighdall like Artemis or Akila.

In the end I wound up choosing Dianas twin sister Nubia. She is tied directly to Diana through being her sister likewise born of clay. She has some curious connections with the likes of Ares. And the opportunity to explore that sisterhood between the two of them would be a wonderful angle to work with.

Hippolyta
    Artemis
    Ferdinand
    Steve Trevor
    Nubia
    Circe
    Dr. Psycho
    Rebirth Dr. Cyber

Etta Candy
    Steve Trevor
    Queen Hippolyta
    Mala
    Queen Clea
    Artemis
    Donna Troy
    Hercules
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 05-15-2021 at 01:49 AM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Steve Trevor
    Hippolyta
    Cheetah
    Donna Troy
    Hessia
    Giganta
    Dr. Poison
    Queen Clea
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Incredible Member

1. Queen Hippolyta
    2. Steve Trevor
    3. Artemis
    4. Donna Troy
    5. Veronica Cale
    6. Cheetah
    7. Silver Swan
    8. Dr. Psycho

1. Steve Trevor - completely essential to the Wonderverse

2. Etta Candy - goes without saying

3. Queen Hippolyta

4. Aphrodite - I think her importance in the Wonderverse needs to be elevated back to how it was in the 40's

5. Ferdinand - it's important to have male representation, too, and Ferdinand is the perfect addition

6. Cheetah - Wonder Woman's archnemesis

7. Dr. Cyber - there were so many options for a 3rd villain (Queen Clea, Giganta, Dr. Psycho, Medusa), but I think Dr. Cyber fills a really interesting niche in Wonder Woman's rogues gallery and represents the Magic vs. Science theme

8. Circe - Wonder Woman's big bad