1. Steve Trevor
    2. Etta Candy
    3. Hippolyta
    4. Donna Troy
    5. Artemis
    6. Circe
    7. Ares
    8. Cheetah

Other notable mentions: Nubia, Myndi Meyer, Aphrodite, Dr Psycho, Giganta, Silver Swan, and Ferdinand.

If Top 8 essentially means the eight, whom I consider most important, taken, totally as is ..and without ANY changes, ..my Top 8 picks are the following:

Etta Candy
    Queen Hippolyta
    Mala
    Queen Clea
    Doctor Cyber
    Artemis
    Donna Troy
    Hercules

The two, as is and without any changes, that I most regret leaving behind are Mars, the creepy, Dune'ish Darkseid of the Golden Age - not Diet Vader, post-Crisis Ares - and Ching, of course. Because of the unique things they bring to the on-going narrative, they are my biggest regrets. If the entire Wonderverse was collapsing, and I could only save the above eight enlistees and these last two, ..I could junk the whole thing and start over, with no (zero) regrets.

It's a shame that, when we're talking about the best characters in the WW comic, we are too often talking about the characters, we consider ..the most promising. But, we totally are - even in 2021, we absolutely are.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 05-15-2021 at 06:04 AM. Reason: clarity
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

1. Etta Candy
    2. Steve Trevor
    3. Donna Troy
    4. Hippolyta
    5. Cheetah
    6. Ares
    7. Circe
    8. Doctor Psycho

There are other characters that I deem important and worthy, but if I were launching a Wonder Woman series of some sort, these would be focal characters, because I think they get to the heart of exploring the themes that Wonder Woman is about.

Can the Holliday Girls be my whole list? Seriously, they are the only supporting cast Diana needs. A group of normal women with intelectual talent, pledged to follow Diana wherever she goes and train with her to become amazons themselves.

But not counting them:
    The Golden age Etta Candy has to be her best friend. A plus size woman that loves her own body and can wipe the floor with many people. She is so fierce that she jumps in front of Diana to protect her, even though Diana is the one wiht super powers.

I really did like Eris so I would include her as a recurring character that should appear every 4 story arcs or so.

Ferdinand is also a great addition. It's visually interesting to see a minotaur (or whatever he is called) working as a chef, and it's interesting for Diana to be the type of adventurer that has a chef go wherever she goes.

Other than that, well I like other characters of course, like all the Wonder Girls, and even though I still haven't read anything strong with Nubia, she should still be a character to be invested in. But these girls don't really need to be with Diana, they just need a space of their own. Steve Trevor is fine as a character and there are things that could be done with him, but I don't see a real need for him anymore.

I would like Diana to have an old amazon around her as a supporting character. An amazon that left Paradise Island long ago and has aged to the point that she looks like an old woman, but is still physically formidable since she is an amazon. I think the Post Crisis era had a character like this. Mala of the Bana-Mighdall.

I wish Dr Psycho was treated as her archvillain. There's so much potential there.

And though he has never been a part of the Wonderverse, Vartox should be a Wonder Woman supporting character. The champion of a distant planet where many have studied the psyhic energy that connects us. He mastered the ability to transform his psyhic energy into actual powers like astral projection, "psyhic super strength", empathetic aura and lots of other crazy astrological things. He deals with cosmic crisis of emotional energy, including plagues of depression, tornados powered by suspicion, and monsters fueled by rancor. A way to bring back the space adventures of the golden age along with the astral and psyhic powers of that era all through one supporting character. Also, a man that actually dresses in a more revealing way than even Wonder Woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Can the Holliday Girls be my whole list? Seriously, they are the only supporting cast Diana needs. A group of normal women with intelectual talent, pledged to follow Diana wherever she goes and train with her to become amazons themselves.
    Out of curiosity if you were to make a list of Holliday girls, which ones would you have picked?

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    Out of curiosity if you were to make a list of Holliday girls, which ones would you have picked?
    I'm more interested in the concept and the group then the characters individually, but you posted a pretty nice list in another thread recently.

> Giganta
    > The Phantom-Fisher Bird
    > Duke of Mars
    > Yara
    > Hipolyta
    > Cheetah (Bring-back the red hair though)
    > Zara of the Crimson Flame
    > Clea
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    > Giganta
    > The Phantom-Fisher Bird
    Tell me more about him.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Tell me more about him.
    Technically, the the Phantom-Fisher bird would be a species as you see more than one in the issue (Wonder Woman v1 #150). These guys inhabit another dimension where all they do is try to fish for the best catch and whoever does becomes king of the land. So the main Phantom-Fisher bird tries to capture WW and company and eventually succeeds in capturing everyone but Wonder Woman and so he becomes king. The character just aesthetically stands out, he has a fun motivation and he has some cool world building elements.

#InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Oh I remember that one! That was the issue that established Wonder Woman, Wonder Girl, and Wonder Tot to be separate people!

Sounds very fun. One of the many things Wonder Woman needs more of.