Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Just recently got to reread the Kang Dynasty storyline last year. You really knocked it out of the park.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B View Post
    Holy crud! You’re right, DigiCom! Thank you!

Sorry Kurt Busiek. I love, love, LOVED Avengers: Forever. Kurt Busiek, you knocked it out of the park with that one! The more I think about it, that’s definitely the best Kang story I can think of, even beats the far-out, triptified, bizarro sci-fi of the Celestial Madonna saga, which was more of a story about Immortus, Mantis, Swordsman, Wanda and the Vision than Kang.

The one-two punch of “Secret History of the Avengers” along with “Reflections of the Conqueror” in issues 8 and 9 is fantastic, and issue 9 is the definitive characterization of Kang, IMO. I also loved how Clint Barton threatened to break the talking stick / Space Phantom in half in issue 7 or 8. That was a really great “maxi” series that not only cleaned up the continuity, but also told a great story, bouncing through huge swaths of Marvel continuity. That was a great set of books!
    High praise! Glad you liked it.

kdb
    Visit www.busiek.com—for all your Busiek needs!

Hey, anyone else pick up the first issue of Kang The Conqueror? Overall, I really dug it. After all these years, I got a good sense of where this idea of the "conqueror" comes into play. This idea that Kang was bored and wanted to be a conqueror, I finally understood that.

Now, the last 4th of the book gave me pause. The time travel aspects, Kang making himself Kang, humans with dinosaurs, that was either a little confusing or iffy. But I'm liking what I'm reading.

Looking forward to issue #2.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."