View Poll Results: Does Jason Aaron need to leave the Avengers title ?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

40 78.43%
  • No

11 21.57%
  • Undecided

0 0%

Default Does Jason Aaron need to leave the Avengers title ?

If you read many of the threads about the current Avengers title, a lot of fans have an issue with writer Jason Aaron.
    My issue is that he trys to go too big with all of his stories, some I have liked but most I have been left scratching my head thinking wtf ?.
    Aaron has most of the best tools from the Avengers tool shed, e.g. Captain America, Thor, Iron Man, Black Panther, Captain Marvel and She Hulk, he has added Ghost Rider (Robbie Reyes), Doctor Strange, Blade and just recently Echo the new host of the Phoenix Force. I believe a major part of what is missing from this title is his character growth and their daily interactions with each other.
    Big isn't always better and it is the small things that are missing that is distancing the fans imo.
    Last edited by PhoenixThanos; 05-14-2021 at 05:17 PM.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Jason Aaron needs to leave writing, he does it for years and he only gets worse.

To me he has to leave. He hasn’t written anything of substance with the Avengers yet. I dropped it a while ago, but still check it out when it comes out and it is literally getting worse by the storyline. Just stop already.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

I voted hell yes!!!!! Time for a change. Thor got beat up to much. She-Hulk became Bruce. The BC stuff got old a long time ago. The celestial as a HQ is just not the Avengers. It worked for awhile but they are basically inside a dead thing. Yeah he has to go. To DC preferably. He and Bendis can put DC and their confusion out of their misery.

Astonishing Member

I’d probably shove him off the book, but I doubt things will change for the better.

The X-Men are returned and the Infinity Saga is over (along with whatever synergy there was left).

Without something truly radical, the Avengers as a book are back where they were in 2000; a charming but utterly irrelevant c-list title

Fantastic Member

Yes, easily he’s got interesting ideas, but execution is terrible, also the characters are out of character, also the Avengers doesn’t feel like a family, just characters who have to work together, in other books they feel like family. She-Hulk turned to Hulk is dumb. Killing Kevin Connor’s Starbrand just to have him replaced by a baby who’s mom was on a Shi’ar world, like wouldn’t that be a Shi’ar Starbrand, not an Earth one. Namor kind’ve redeemed himself in Invaders and Agents of Atlas, but he’s still a bad guy in Avengers. Also the Thor being the kid of the Phoenix, and not Gaea, like could’ve just created another sibling instead of that dumb retcon, when he was using Gaea’s power in Empyre.
    Get someone like Jim Zub yo write the Avengers, because he obviously wants to write Wanda and other classic Avengers, also wants to write an Avengers story. Give the title to Zub, and get Aaron off Avengers and stick Aaron to just Jane Foster. I enjoyed Zub’s Empyre Avengers tie ins. I feel he’d do great with the title

I’ve been OK with some of his other stuff, but I’ve hated his run on Avengers!
    A book like the Avengers NEEDS to balance the action with characterization, and he has NO concept on how to do this! (Truth be told, I don’t think he has any idea what characterization even is).

Quote Originally Posted by HipHopAvenger View Post
    Yes, easily he’s got interesting ideas, but execution is terrible, also the characters are out of character, also the Avengers doesn’t feel like a family, just characters who have to work together, in other books they feel like family. She-Hulk turned to Hulk is dumb. Killing Kevin Connor’s Starbrand just to have him replaced by a baby who’s mom was on a Shi’ar world, like wouldn’t that be a Shi’ar Starbrand, not an Earth one. Namor kind’ve redeemed himself in Invaders and Agents of Atlas, but he’s still a bad guy in Avengers. Also the Thor being the kid of the Phoenix, and not Gaea, like could’ve just created another sibling instead of that dumb retcon, when he was using Gaea’s power in Empyre.
    Get someone like Jim Zub yo write the Avengers, because he obviously wants to write Wanda and other classic Avengers, also wants to write an Avengers story. Give the title to Zub, and get Aaron off Avengers and stick Aaron to just Jane Foster. I enjoyed Zub’s Empyre Avengers tie ins. I feel he’d do great with the title
    I second Jim! Best writer out there today who knows how to balance action and characterization!
    (Plus, you can tell he REALLY loves the Avengers!).

yes he is a giant bag of bad ideas mixed in one and he is not just affecting avengers lore but x-men and others negatively.

Quote Originally Posted by HipHopAvenger View Post
    I approve this entire message. Aaron, like almost all Avengers writers since Austin, doesn't understand who the Avengers are, nor does he know how to execute his own (sometimes decent) ideas. Zub on the other hand does get it, and needs to be given free reign on the title. No editorial impositions, no MCU synergy... just let him choose his characters and write.