Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I get the pros and cons of digital vs physical, but I just want the books in my hands.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

I usually let man stack up for a bit until the end of an arc or a good issue to stop at then binge read. Finally just read X of Swords a few weeks ago in 2 days. Haven't ready anything after it, but will probably read all the titles up to the Hellfire Gala, read them at once, then let them stack ip again. Do the same with Spider-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I like the data pages and used to feel that way in the earlies when I read them sequentially to the story...but for quite a while now, I've been reading them after I've finished the first read and skip them entirely by the third re-read.
    Ah! Nice! I’m also gonna start reading the data pages after I’ve read the story. Thanks!

Digital. If i like it enough I buy the hardcover. Only in rare cases will I buy a paperback.

I don’t have the space to keep many comics around. Some are in storage, others in my bookcase. Some have been thrown away. I will not say what since that would probably upset some people. They just lost emotional value to me.

I reread only good runs. Currently on Books of magic.

I read mine with a fine glass of wine. I purchase digitally and I'll only read an issue once until the arc is done. If I really like the arc I'll then go back and re-read it as a whole. I've read HOX/POX about 5-6 times now.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

I usually read each issue as they come out and then when a milestone happens like an event I will reread the entire line from the beginning.

So, for example I read Hickman's X-Men as they were coming out and once X of Swords ended I went back to HOX/POX and reread it to 1) see the bread crumbs that were laid, 2) the overall narrative structure, and 3) refresh myself for the new status quo.

Oh, and as for format I am a DIGITAL ONLY boy, I will physically buy if I absolutely love the writer and once everything is collected in OHC or an Omnibus.
    So, for Hickman's X-Men I have a glut of options especially since there are so many ways to read it. But I have the HOX/POX OHC and XOS OHS and now I am waiting for the X-Men Omni which will look amazing on my shelf
    Last edited by charliehustle415; 05-15-2021 at 07:59 PM.

BANNED

My entire comic collection is digital so I usually read them when I'm in bed when nothing is on TV -- I'm screwed if my external drives ever go before I can back them up to newer larger drives.
    Last edited by Micabe; 05-15-2021 at 08:39 PM.

Digitally and if I really like it I’ll get the hardcover or collection of the stuff I really like.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

I usually read once, then bag/board/box them up for the rest of eternity. They might get re-read in collected form if part of an event or arc that I particularly liked.

The last time I intentionally re-read a single modern issue before picking up the next was during the Morrison New X-Men / Claremont's X-Treme era. However my 90's stuff has all been re-read many times over, both in floppy and collected editions.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Digital for single issues, trades for anything I absolutely love and want to support. I don't usually read singles more than once for their own sakes, but I do a lot of fandom stuff - fic, RPGs, art commissions, etc. - so I wind up revisiting certain runs for reference material pretty often.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

I've switched to digital mostly. I get my comics at Amazon/Comixology and I read them when my mind is in a nice quiet place where I can relax. Though, that's been getting harder for reasons... I don't read as many books as I used to anyway.

Spectacular Member

Digital throughout the week of release

I sub to the main books i like which kinda sucks because i get them about a month after release. Sometimes i will pick up all the books related to xmen when i go to comic shop. Otherwise, i read marvel unlimited to save money. I also buy a lot of trade paperbacks and if its really special i buy the hardcover. I reread things depending on how much i like it. Otherwise, it gets boxed up and then revisited later on in life.

Ultimate Member

I get them once a week at the comic shop. I used to read them pretty much immediately, but after many decades, have finally learned that delayed gratification thing, and now I save them to read on breaks at work that night.

And then they sit around in ever-growing piles until the stacks get too hoarder-y and I organize them like the OCD fool that I am and put them in longboxes.

I don't bag and board them. I just don't care that much.

I read them digitally each Wednesday as they come out. I don't typically re-read them unless I have an urge to revisit a storyline (other than HoX/PoX which I've re-read a couple of times.) If I really love the run I'll buy the hardcover or Omnibus like I did with Morrison's run.