Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

This is probably the most overt they've been about it, so I don't think nothing's going to happen this time when they've established a creative team and everything.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This is probably the most overt they've been about it, so I don't think nothing's going to happen this time when they've established a creative team and everything.
    Oh ye of little faith, this is DC we're talking about!

They will find a way to mess it up!

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    For once I'm trying to be optimistic.
    "Optimism" is extremely over-rated.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Sort of like how DC first solicited a collected edition of the Justice Society of America series by Len Strazewski and Mike Parobeck how many years ago?
    Like how DC solicited Generation One: Age of Mysteries by Andy Schmidt and Doug Mahnke, which was suppose to be available exactly one year ago today? (Even though they scrapped the 5G plans, the Generation One book could have still happened as away to clarify what's still considered part of DC's past continuity.)

I think we may eventually get SOMETHING out of this, but who knows if it will be a regular series, a mini-series, a one-shot, or . . . ???

And there's always the question of when.

Back to strictly talking about the Spring Break book, I am somewhat perplexed by Wing's being considered a youth. He was Lee Travis's driver in the original Golden Age series which should put him in the adult category. Sure the orphan prevents Lee from killing an innocent man is a nice twist, but Wing How was an adult. Outside of making him fot into this Stargirl story, what is gained by making him a kid sidekick?
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    "Optimism" is extremely over-rated.

Sort of like how DC first solicited a collected edition of the Justice Society of America series by Len Strazewski and Mike Parobeck how many years ago?
    Like how DC solicited Generation One: Age of Mysteries by Andy Schmidt and Doug Mahnke, which was suppose to be available exactly one year ago today? (Even though they scrapped the 5G plans, the Generation One book could have still happened as away to clarify what's still considered part of DC's past continuity.)

I think we may eventually get SOMETHING out of this, but who knows if it will be a regular series, a mini-series, a one-shot, or . . . ???

And there's always the question of when.
    Books have been solicited/advertised and then not produced for at least half a century or so. Whatever negative slant is put on this, this is the biggest and best sign the JSA is coming back. And every books that's come out ever from anyone has the possibility of not being good. Does anyone here not realize this?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Whatever negative slant is put on this, this is the biggest and best sign the JSA is coming back.
    We thought the same during Rebirth and Doomsday Clock.

So until they make the official announcement, this is just another empty tease from DC and a middle finger for the JSA fans.

Back to strictly talking about the Spring Break book, I am somewhat perplexed by Wing's being considered a youth. He was Lee Travis's driver in the original Golden Age series which should put him in the adult category. Sure the orphan prevents Lee from killing an innocent man is a nice twist, but Wing How was an adult. Outside of making him fot into this Stargirl story, what is gained by making him a kid sidekick?
    He was probably somewhere in the "young adult" category back in the day.
    And who knows how Geoff Johns' mind works these days? DC sounds like they're allowing almost any changes that writers think they can get away with these days.
    Maybe when I eventually have a chance to go buy my copy of this I'll be able to tell you more.

He was probably somewhere in the "young adult" category back in the day.
    And who knows how Geoff Johns' mind works these days? DC sounds like they're allowing almost any changes that writers think they can get away with these days.
    Maybe when I eventually have a chance to go buy my copy of this I'll be able to tell you more.
    Oh, don't bother actually reading a book before commenting. That takes the fun out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    We thought the same during Rebirth and Doomsday Clock.

So until they make the official announcement, this is just another empty tease from DC and a middle finger for the JSA fans.
    Yeah, but they didn't have an official creative team listed during those points.

Oh, don't bother actually reading a book before commenting. That takes the fun out of it.
    Hey, I intended to get to the store either this week or next, but my Mom fell this past Thursday and and messed up her elbow, so I figured I need to keep a little closer to home for a few more weeks until she's out of the brace (hopefully before her birthday next month).

I enjoyed this. Will definitely be adding the solo to my pull list. More teasing of the JSA. DC should just STFU until there is concrete tangible plans that there is going to be a JSA book.

Solicitations aren't promises, though. They're solicits. As in, an open question if there is enough demand to publish something. Going by preorders, there weren't. DC may have too high standards compared to Marvel who will seemingly print any collection at any loss, but DC never commited to making any JSA collections that were cancelled. I'm not even 100% sure it made it to public solicitations as opposed to advanced solicits for bookstores. Those aren't intended to be as solid as FoC solicits, so it's even less worth holding a grudge over.

The Shining Knight and the golden age Vigilante!!! ...plus Oliver Queen.

Man, that is a must buy for me.

Glad I purchased it. The book was a lot better than I thought it was going to be. As for the tease of Stargirl 1 and the JSA, as I have said before I will believe it when they are on the shelf.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Jody Garland View Post
    Solicitations aren't promises, though. They're solicits. As in, an open question if there is enough demand to publish something. Going by preorders, there weren't. DC may have too high standards compared to Marvel who will seemingly print any collection at any loss, but DC never commited to making any JSA collections that were cancelled. I'm not even 100% sure it made it to public solicitations as opposed to advanced solicits for bookstores. Those aren't intended to be as solid as FoC solicits, so it's even less worth holding a grudge over.
    About the collection of the Strazewski and Parobeck series, do you remember when DC would publish those annual DC Essential Graphic Novels catalog freebies? It was listed in those for two years I know of:
    I'm not referring to the supposed to 2017 series; I'm referring to the catalog DC puts out every year of their "Essential Graphic Novels" which did list this particular tpb collection as supposedly available in 2017.

https://www.dccomics.com/graphic-nov...ic-novels-2017
    And, by the way, there's a listing for
    Justice Society of America: The Complete Series by Len Strazewski and Mike Paroback
    in the "DC Essential Graphic Novels" catalog for 2018, though this listing has a price of $49.99 and is listed as a hardcover (ISBN 9781401278595).