Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    Justin was also living in the present in the comics, so then it was the obvious choice.
    Yeah, they did replace Crimson Avenger with the more recent version, and Red Arrow subs in for Arsenal because they think Roy is dead. Is Vigilante also a replacement? Anyway, it'll all make sense.

Oliver did say, in a discussion with Black Canary in Infinite Frontier #0, that they were missing some memories. But clearly, they're starting to come back - and Ollie forgetting about his time travel is presumably why he didn't tell Emiko sooner.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, they did replace Crimson Avenger with the more recent version, and Red Arrow subs in for Arsenal because they think Roy is dead. Is Vigilante also a replacement? Anyway, it'll all make sense.

Oliver did say, in a discussion with Black Canary in Infinite Frontier #0, that they were missing some memories. But clearly, they're starting to come back - and Ollie forgetting about his time travel is presumably why he didn't tell Emiko sooner.
    I think that it's the original Vigilante who was resurrected before Flashpoint (I think he had an encounter with Jimmy Olsen, I'm not sure).

Spoilers

By now I think most everyone has heard the news that the JSA is coming back. But I wanted to discuss the Stargirl series that was teased. As for the potential plot, it seems like Geoff Johns read my mind! They just did the Asian Pacific American Heritage month special so I was really that this story would bring back DC’s first Asian superhero, Wing How. Yeah he was written in super racist in the Golden Age but unfortunately every POC was back in the day. This is a great opportunity to bring him back and give him a chance to stand on his own.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Spoilers

By now I think most everyone has heard the news that the JSA is coming back. But I wanted to discuss the Stargirl series that was teased. As for the potential plot, it seems like Geoff Johns read my mind! They just did the Asian Pacific American Heritage month special so I was really that this story would bring back DC’s first Asian superhero, Wing How. Yeah he was written in super racist in the Golden Age but unfortunately every POC was back in the day. This is a great opportunity to bring him back and give him a chance to stand on his own.
    I'm very interested in what happens in Stargirl, I really liked her 90's series and her tv show so for her to get another opportunity for cool stuff is great. I also am very interested in whatever is going on with the Island wing is on, the fact that Secret from Young Justice appears to be there, and the whole "Judy Garrick" thing like they are retconning that Jay had a kid or something.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

I wonder if this book will be like a new version of Infinity Inc. A comic featuring the next generation of heroes descended from Golden Age heroes. Stargirl, Red Arrow, Wing, and Judy Garrick so far. Though I don’t think Secret has any connection to the Golden Age.

This was a pretty good issue (and seems like a good place for Roy to pop back in after getting brought back to life). And I found out that Vigilante is actually from my home state of Wyoming. Did not know that before.

But Emiko, whose been stuck in "dark and edgy" for awhile now, gets to hang out with the more grounded and livelier Courtney. Should be interesting.

I'm looking forward to the new Stargirl solo .

Extraordinary Member

I wonder if this book will be like a new version of Infinity Inc. A comic featuring the next generation of heroes descended from Golden Age heroes. Stargirl, Red Arrow, Wing, and Judy Garrick so far. Though I don’t think Secret has any connection to the Golden Age.
    And Danny Dunbar/Dyna-Mite, who I guess in the the third character in the panel with Wing and Secret.

Thanks, I didn't know who Danny was. All I could think of was former Teen Titan Danny Chase, but he doesn't look anything like what we saw there and has no golden age connection.

Secret did have Spectre as a mentor at one point... but Spectre was Hal Jordan at the time and thus not the golden age character. I can't see any other link... also, Secret was depowered at the end of the original Young Justice, so it would seem this version is time displaced.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 05-26-2021 at 02:07 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I’ll believe that the JSA are coming back when the book is on the shelf.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    I’ll believe that the JSA are coming back when the book is on the shelf.
    Sound policy with respect to DC. After all, didn't they tease this way back in DD Clock? Or something like that?

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Sound policy with respect to DC. After all, didn't they tease this way back in DD Clock? Or something like that?
    All the way back when Rebirth first started, actually. So, 5 years now.

Incredible Member blunt_eastwood's Avatar

So Ollie was the golden age Green Arrow because everything happened, but they also are explaining it as him traveling to the past? I'm confused. Don't they already have that explanation in place? Why add the time travel component?

Quote Originally Posted by blunt_eastwood View Post
    So Ollie was the golden age Green Arrow because everything happened, but they also are explaining it as him traveling to the past? I'm confused. Don't they already have that explanation in place? Why add the time travel component?
    Hasn't it always been time travel?

This issue was a lot of fun! I really enjoyed it! And JSA by Johns and Hitch? Sign me up and take my money. Johns wrote and co wrote best JSA stories IMO.

Wally West Flash, JSA...things are looking up at DC. Just need a good Hawkman book and I am all set. (Green Arrow would be nice too)