Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Hitch is teasing that he’s doing something with Marvel, so maybe he’s not drawing the JSA book after all.

https://twitter.com/thebryanhitch/st...316512264?s=21
    Or probably not permanently.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Awesome seeing new art by Fred Hembeck in a DC Comic. I sure miss his work.

NewFredHembeck.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    So is this confirmation that characters don't actually remember all of the reboots after Infinite Frontier? We just have to assume everything happened in a way similar to older stories and occasionally there'll be a convoluted explanation as to how everything fits together?
    Which is weird considering Johns went out of his way to explain Golden Age Green Arrow while seemingly ignoring Stargirl's long tenure with the JSA. I see no mention of the team and it seems like this title could pick up right after the end of the original Stargirl series.
    Yeah, I have to say, I'm having a hard time foloowing some of DC continuity. I mean, are we back to the pre-Flashpoint continuity? Is the New 52 stuff still in play? Was Coutney in Justice League America? (alongside Oliver, still) I really get VERY confused offtimes.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Even though they scrapped the 5G plans, the Generation One book could have still happened as away to clarify what's still considered part of DC's past continuity.
    5G did happen. They simply rebranded it Future State.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Hitch is teasing that he’s doing something with Marvel, so maybe he’s not drawing the JSA book after all.

https://twitter.com/thebryanhitch/st...316512264?s=21
    I'm fine with this. Hitch, though once great, really hasn't wowed me in a very long time. I hated most of the costume designs and really wish someone else would tackle a JSA title. What's Nicola Scott doing these days?

I read this over the last weekend, but have been out of the internet ever since. I really liked it. I hope it becomes more of a Stargirl and the Seven Soldiers of Victory title than just Stargirl. I also hope they keep Todd Nauck on board as artist. I've been a big fan of his ever since Young Justice. Hope next time we see more of Greg, Sir Justin and even Oliver. This issue foccused much more on the three female members of the team (and that s saying something, for a team that used to have NO female members). Another big change on the team, is it's power level. I became familiar with the 7SoV in the pages of All-Star Squadron (I only read the JLA/JSA crossover later on), and Thomas used to emphasize how none of their members actually had super-powers. With his magic weapons (and flying steed), Sir Justin was always seen as the heaviest hitter of the team. Now, aside from Sir Justin we have S.T.R.I.P.E. and Courtney with her cosmic rod, both quite powerful in their own right, and the enigmatic mystical abilities of the new Crimson Avenger. The team is really hard-hitting now.
    I also enjoyed quite a lot the "visions" of Wing, signaling a new team of teen heroes with the Secret (seeing her in a story drawn by Todd Nauck, I felt like I was reading the 90's Yiung Justice again), and Dan, the Dyna-Mite (once again, I'm confused. Wasn't he supposed to be geriatric, or could it be a new one?). Speaking of someone who should be old, and isn't, didn't Greg Saunders retrun from the 7SoV's trip through time an old man? When did this change? (it might have already been shown to have changed and I might have missed it, or I might be misremembering it, so, if someone could point out where this happened, I'd appreciate it). All in all, I really liked this (something very rare, nowadays), and am anxiously waiting for more, as well as more news on the JSA relaunch.

Peace

Considering they're with a young Wing, I'd say that Secret is time displaced. The whole group probably is.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    How old do you need to be to get a driving licence? In the UK, it's 17. If it's a similar age in the US, well, that'd still be close to Courtney's age (which is 16, right?). It's possible for him to work as a driver even if he is a teenager. Unless his age was stated back in the golden age, there's no reason to assume he's older.
    I don't think there's a uniform set age to get a driver's license for the entire U.S.; I thought that was determined by each state.

Back when I was growing up in New Jersey, the age was 17 years old, but it later was modified so that you could get a driving permit at 16 years old. (Then again, when I was younger, you could legally buy/drink alcohol at 18 years old, and that later was changed to 21 years old.)

I believe some states may even let people legally drive when they are as young as 15 or even 14 years old.

Since I did not create my usual Starman/Stargirl appreciation thread, and after searching I figured this would be the best thread over here to post this in. Um guys.................that has to be Jack freaking Knight!!!!!!!!

E3PZAW8VcAIvwc6.jpg
    Last edited by Jekyll; 06-25-2021 at 04:45 AM.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Since I did not create my usual Starman/Stargirl appreciation thread, and after searching I figured this would be the best thread over here to post this in. Um guys.................that has to be Jack freaking Knight!!!!!!!!

E3PZAW8VcAIvwc6.jpg
    Fight over the Cosmic Staff?

Yeah, that would make sense. Maybe she temporarily loses the Staff to Jack, but learns that her belt provides power as well? That way she could gain some of her early Star Spangled Kid abilities from the comics. And then of course she gets the Staff back later, probably after Jack realises she can use it better than he can.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Has anything further been announced on the new Stargirl comic book series?
    I don't remember seeing it in solicitations yet, but I could easily have missed it when skipping over all the multiple Bat-book announcements.

Astonishing Member

Wait some few months.

I don't remember seeing it in solicitations yet, but I could easily have missed it when skipping over all the multiple Bat-book announcements.
    No and with Geoff Johns writing it will probably be at least 25 years before issue one hits the stands.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

I'm disappointed they still having announced the new series. Way to miss the momentum of the special AND the TV show.

Maybe they should have done a Batman & Stargirl mini-series first?

Same thing with November 2021 solicitations: :but, man, there seemed to be a gazillion Bat-related titles again.

Also think that maybe it's time to create a separate thread for any news or rumors for this in the future.

Astonishing Member

Just wait until they announce it. Meanwhile do something else while waiting.