Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    three-time juror The Gold Stream's Avatar

Default The Northman (and other Robert Eggers movies)

TNMRE.jpg

The Witch ✅

The Lighthouse ✅

The Northman ?

can this man go 3 for 3 top tier films? i think so. he is reuniting with several of his previously-used actors

also Katie Dickie who killed it in The Witch is returning.

The Mountain from game of thrones will also be in it, which gives a little pause given his kind of 'meh' acting, but with Eggers' attention to detail/realistic stuff I'm sure they'll put his size to use. Or perhaps his acting isn't as bad in his native tongue

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I think he can. Both the Witch and the Lighthouse were great, and he's at the top of my list for new directors whose work I'm keeping tabs of (along witj Ari Aster and Rose Glass). I hope that remake of Nosferatu that he was going to make is still happening.

I have faith he'll go three for three. The Witch is probably the best horror film I've seen in about 15 years.

I thought The Lighthouse was brilliant but my ability to appreciate it on a second viewing was overshadowed by giggles over Willem Dafoe's character ramblin' about his lobster. Movie was one of the gayest things I've ever seen, and I don't mean that pejoratively.
    MAGNETO was right,TONY was right, VARYS was right.

Proud member of House Ravenclaw and loyal bannerman to House Baratheon

"I am an optimist even though I am told everything I do is negative and cynical" --Armando Iannucci

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
    I have faith he'll go three for three. The Witch is probably the best horror film I've seen in about 15 years.

I thought The Lighthouse was brilliant but my ability to appreciate it on a second viewing was overshadowed by giggles over Willem Dafoe's character ramblin' about his lobster. Movie was one of the gayest things I've ever seen, and I don't mean that pejoratively.
    I was giggling even during the first viewing.

Did not expect that movie to be as successfully funny as it was.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Lighthouse was too weird for me and I have no idea what happened at the end but I loved the VVitch and am looking forward to Northman as long as there won't be any Mermaids. If you guys like depressing Viking tales while waiting for this movie check out Vertigo's Northlanders by Brian Wood.

Ultimate Member

I haaaaated The Witch but I loved the Lighthouse.

I'm looking forward to this.