Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 31
  1. #1
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,660

    Default Justice League #61 Preview

    Justice League #61 Preview
    Writer: Brian Michael Bendis
    Artist: David Marquez
    Backup Writer: Ram V
    Backup Artist: Xermanico


  2. #2
    Astonishing Member Korath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Toulouse, France
    Posts
    4,211

    Default

    I feel like my theory regarding Brutus' personality is right. He isn't evil so much as he is misguided, I guess.

  3. #3
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,056

    Default

    Preview was kinda ok.

    What irked me is the JL Dark preview. Zatanna is suppoused to be the leader and it's Constantine the one giving the orders, what a shock.

  4. #4
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    24,268

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    Preview was kinda ok.

    What irked me is the JL Dark preview. Zatanna is suppoused to be the leader and it's Constantine the one giving the orders, what a shock.
    Can you imagine Constantine taking orders from ANYONE? He'd tell God to eff off if He tried to boss John-boy around.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

  5. #5
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    67,357

    Default

    I'm having a hard time taking these villains seriously.

    John Constantine Magic-splaining to Zatanna? Bleh .

  6. #6

    Default

    Looks like there bringing back back stories, first Huntress in the back of Detective Comics, and now JLD in the back of the Justice League.

    Plus I'm happy the team has Black Canary, and Green Arrow, now were just missing Hal Jordan!!!

    (I may have to buy my first Justice League comic, in a long time)

  7. #7
    Astonishing Member Korath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Toulouse, France
    Posts
    4,211

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm having a hard time taking these villains seriously.
    I think it's because Brutus and his crew aren't really villains.

    I bet it'll be revealed that Naomi was wrong and Zumbado's and his ilk aren't the only ones left on her Earth. Brutus is one of the good guys but he has lost hope for his world and just want to find a new one for his people. But he doesn't even imagine that he wouldn't have to fight the super-powered peoples of the main Earth, for him it is a dog eat dog universe and he needs to beat them to save is people.

  8. #8
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    67,357

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    I think it's because Brutus and his crew aren't really villains.

    I bet it'll be revealed that Naomi was wrong and Zumbado's and his ilk aren't the only ones left on her Earth. Brutus is one of the good guys but he has lost hope for his world and just want to find a new one for his people. But he doesn't even imagine that he wouldn't have to fight the super-powered peoples of the main Earth, for him it is a dog eat dog universe and he needs to beat them to save is people.
    Maybe so but this kind of reminds me of how Bendis wrote the Gemworld villains in YJ.

  9. #9
    Astonishing Member BatmanJones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    3,799

    Default

    I want to love this series so badly. Partly that’s because I just love Justice League but even more it’s because I love Green Arrow and Black Canary in Justice League. But every page, nearly every panel, disappoints me more than the last. I don’t read Marvel so I’m new to Bendis but I don’t get what the fuss is/was about at all. I am loving so much that DC is doing lately but Bendis is killing me. I hope and pray they won’t resign him to another contract. This is the worst book of anything I’m reading and on my favorite title with my favorite characters. Ugh.

  10. #10
    Astonishing Member protege's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Chandler az
    Posts
    4,206

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    I want to love this series so badly. Partly thatís because I just love Justice League but even more itís because I love Green Arrow and Black Canary in Justice League. But every page, nearly every panel, disappoints me more than the last. I donít read Marvel so Iím new to Bendis but I donít get what the fuss is/was about at all. I am loving so much that DC is doing lately but Bendis is killing me. I hope and pray they wonít resign him to another contract. This is the worst book of anything Iím reading and on my favorite title with my favorite characters. Ugh.
    Yeah, I just read #60, and wow, was it bland. I still don't know anything about Naomi, and Batman was a cipher. Superman was in full Boy Scout mode.

  11. #11
    Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,243

    Default

    I guess it's a unpopular opinion, but I'm really getting into the run. I am liking the team dynamics and I like that a lot of the black canary spotlight this time around. Still not a fan of the villains this arc, they seem very uninspired and their dialogue comes out weird.

    And I'm sure someone will fine a reason to be pessimistic about it, but the ducktales line was funy.

  12. #12
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    87

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I guess it's a unpopular opinion, but I'm really getting into the run. I am liking the team dynamics and I like that a lot of the black canary spotlight this time around. Still not a fan of the villains this arc, they seem very uninspired and their dialogue comes out weird.
    I feel like im the only one who likes Justice League since a while.
    Had a lot of fun during the Rebirth run and so far the Infinite Frontier Run is neat too, especially the team interaction.

  13. #13
    Incredible Member Goldrake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    893

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    I want to love this series so badly. Partly that’s because I just love Justice League but even more it’s because I love Green Arrow and Black Canary in Justice League. But every page, nearly every panel, disappoints me more than the last. I don’t read Marvel so I’m new to Bendis but I don’t get what the fuss is/was about at all. I am loving so much that DC is doing lately but Bendis is killing me. I hope and pray they won’t resign him to another contract. This is the worst book of anything I’m reading and on my favorite title with my favorite characters. Ugh.
    I had enough with today's issue. Going to drop the book, Bendis is past his prime, his JL is one of the worst I ever read lately.

  14. #14
    Extraordinary Member sifighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,918

    Default

    Figured Bruce for more of a Darkwing Duck fan
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

  15. #15
    Astonishing Member Korath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Toulouse, France
    Posts
    4,211

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I guess it's a unpopular opinion, but I'm really getting into the run. I am liking the team dynamics and I like that a lot of the black canary spotlight this time around. Still not a fan of the villains this arc, they seem very uninspired and their dialogue comes out weird.

    And I'm sure someone will fine a reason to be pessimistic about it, but the ducktales line was funy.
    Well, I love it too.

    I guess more humans JLeaguers isn't everyone's cup of tea sadly.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •