Default Moving house - any tips for packaging/ transport?

As the title says I am moving house in a couple of weeks and I have a full Billy shelf packed with trade paperbacks and omnibuses that I need to include in the move. I have hired a moving company but I am doing the packing myself, I have bought 20 carton boxes. Any tips you can give me on how to best package the books so they don't get scratches etc. during the move?
    Thanks!

Mighty Member

Pack like-size books in the same box so you can pack them all in tight w/o shifting. Boxes get dented when they aren't full (full can mean packing paper/bubble wrap/packing peanuts around it) - make sure each box is sufficiently full. Give the boxes a quick lift after you fill them to see if they're (a) too heavy or (b) weirdly balanced.

Have some kind of food/snack or drink for your moving team, too - they're usually more careful and receptive to "careful with that" if they're feeling appreciated (I usually offer to buy lunch if the time works out).
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Thank you for the tips - I've started packing, wish me luck!

I am strangely more worried about my TPB/ Omnibus collection than about my furniture haha

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by hyped78 View Post
    Thank you for the tips - I've started packing, wish me luck!

I am strangely more worried about my TPB/ Omnibus collection than about my furniture haha
    The last time I moved I took one car load of valuables in my car - the coffee maker, my wife's jewelry, a set of clean bedding just in case, my omnibuses, and my most valuable action figures. I feel you
    Blue text denotes sarcasm