Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Doesn't look like it made the December 2021 solicitations, either.

But Power Girl will be in a mini-series about superheroes doing things like birthday parties or what not.
    I'm shocked........
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

But Power Girl will be in a mini-series about superheroes doing things like birthday parties or what not.
    If Power Girl were available for parties there'd go my money...

It boggles the mind that DC’s biggest potential seller has been sidelined this long. Now we are looking at 2022 for a release. This is why DC is a distant second to Marvel. Pure stupidity. They could be in first place with the JSA but they refuse to put them out. I have to watch Stargirl and all of the bad acting to see any version of the JSA.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    It boggles the mind that DC’s biggest potential seller has been sidelined this long. Now we are looking at 2022 for a release. This is why DC is a distant second to Marvel. Pure stupidity. They could be in first place with the JSA but they refuse to put them out. I have to watch Stargirl and all of the bad acting to see any version of the JSA.
    While I agree it makes no sense to sidelong a team that sells, I'm not sure it has the potential to be their biggest seller. Still they make a profit so should have a comic now. Also Stargirl is pretty good for network tv...

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    If Power Girl were available for parties there'd go my money...
    Would you be willing to split the cost?
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    DC publishing never cared for the JSA. They were just cannon fodder for Carlin in Zero Hour. DC editorial's idea of the JSA was the ultimatized Earth-2 book. The fact that the tv show is doing the JSA with Stargirl speaks to their continued apathy.

Did anybody see anything about a new JSA book for the January 2022 solicitations or in all the Fandome stuff?
    Not counting the costumes for the Black Adam movie currently due out in 2023 . . .

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    OK, I am being unusually kind here, but maybe, just maybe (and this is a huge stretch), DC will announce something when Infinite Frontier concludes next month and possibly more details are known. Or I can just rely on that lottery ticket and buy my own JSA vanity stories.
    By the way, did you at least have any luck with that lottery ticket?

By the way, did you at least have any luck with that lottery ticket?
    I don't mean to brag about my consistency, but I missed on all six numbers drawn.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Astonishing Member

Just wait for most of the oldest ones to go into the public domain next decade. Then you can publish your own JSA.

From the Stargirl Spring Break Special released in late May of 2021:

Six months later (November 2021): ?
    There was reportedly nothing mentioned in the books due out for February 2022,
    though back in August Byran Hitch tweeted he wouldn't be involved in a planned book with the JSA.

Extraordinary Member

I really don't think they have any current plans for a JSA title. They may be used as non-speaking background character for the big fight scenes, and to supply the characters to die in said crossovers so the JLA can be sad about it for nearly a panel. But that's it, I'm afraid.

Astonishing Member

Its very odd that the JSA will make their film debut without a book

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    Its very odd that the JSA will make their film debut without a book
    That's it because in the comic book department, they are treated as pariahs.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

From the Stargirl Spring Break Special released in late May of 2021:

Six months later (November 2021): ?
    There was reportedly nothing mentioned in the books due out for February 2022,
    though back in August Byran Hitch tweeted he wouldn't be involved in a planned book with the JSA.

Hitch had said something alone the lines that he was working on the book but couldn't get past the finish-line. That leads me to believe that DC is searching for another artist for this book and will announce it after the new artist has several issues completed so that there aren't any delays.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.